IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Installation and Launcher issues., Please use this thread.
Trooper425
post 8 Oct 2011, 23:19
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1195

The SW installer originally wants to install to the TFD folder (as opposed to the Zero Hour folder). I don't think SW is the problem though. I can't run Zero Hour straight up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alias
post 9 Oct 2011, 3:13
Post #27

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

In that case I'd suggest doing a full wipe of all Generals/ZH stuff and do a complete reinstall (and do it in a different directory too, just to be sure).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trooper425
post 9 Oct 2011, 5:36
Post #28

Group Icon

Alright, I totally uninstalled and reinstalled TFD. Now I get the classic "serious error" message when I try to start Zero Hour.

+Quote Post
Trooper425
post 11 Oct 2011, 6:11
Post #29

Group Icon

Alright, I found a solution to the "serious error" that is working well so far: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/15639...zero-hour-prob/
I doubt ShockWave will have any issues now.

+Quote Post
jordie323
post 1 Nov 2011, 21:11
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 8845

whenever i launch mine it says encounted serious error seriour errors can be caused by virus........ ive run virus scan but still not work dry.gif

+Quote Post
GamerX
post 8 Dec 2011, 21:57
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 8887

Sorry for the bump but I've got a problem while trying to launch Shockwave.

This is the error I get. I've got no clue if I have ZH Reborn mods since I haven't played Generals & ZH in a while and found out about Shockwave few days ago (Found the link of forums in readme). I'd be happy if someone could know how to fix this lol.
Thanks in advance.

P.s. I get this after running Shockwave Launcher > Start

If you think you can fix it via Teamviewer, contact me:
Email: gamerxownz@hotmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nikola.purisic
IRC: irc.crrpg.com, channel: #GamerX

This post has been edited by GamerX: 8 Dec 2011, 22:01

+Quote Post
MARS
post 8 Dec 2011, 22:46
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Looks like one of those standard ZH errors. Most of them can be fixed using the following method:

1. Uninstall ZH and delete the entire ZH folder
2. Reinstall ZH into a new, clean folder and apply patch 1.04
3. Reinstall mods and apply mod patches if necessary

The mods you find on this website should be compatible with each other, meaning you can have them installed at the same time. We're not giving any such guarantees for non-SWR mods though.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 9 Dec 2011, 7:13
Post #33

The X General
Group Icon

Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

http://forum.mystiquestudios.com/index.php/topic,1806.0.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
GamerX
post 9 Dec 2011, 8:31
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 8887

QUOTE (MARS @ 8 Dec 2011, 22:46) *
Looks like one of those standard ZH errors. Most of them can be fixed using the following method:

1. Uninstall ZH and delete the entire ZH folder
2. Reinstall ZH into a new, clean folder and apply patch 1.04
3. Reinstall mods and apply mod patches if necessary

The mods you find on this website should be compatible with each other, meaning you can have them installed at the same time. We're not giving any such guarantees for non-SWR mods though.

Ok, thanks a lot!
Where should I find the patch?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 9 Dec 2011, 8:39
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Try C&C Files.

+Quote Post
Damo
post 10 Dec 2011, 14:27
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 8888

I keep getting this error when I try to run C&C Shockwave 1.0.

The game is patched to 1.04 aswell so I dont think thats the problem.
Im trying to play the game on a Acer Aspire 8930G laptop but it dosent have a problem running any of the other C&C games.

+Quote Post
Damo
post 11 Dec 2011, 20:27
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 8888

QUOTE (Damo @ 10 Dec 2011, 13:27) *
I keep getting this error when I try to run C&C Shockwave 1.0.

The game is patched to 1.04 aswell so I dont think thats the problem.
Im trying to play the game on a Acer Aspire 8930G laptop but it dosent have a problem running any of the other C&C games.

Ignore that, the game had downloaded the 1.04 patch but not installed it properly, My fault guys, Sorry.
The game works fine now, thank you for the awsome addon/mod

+Quote Post
de_llamaman
post 17 Aug 2012, 20:24
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 9265

im only able to play in windowed mode as all other incarnations of the application throw up access denied windows weather tried in the launcher or from the zero hour folder
running windows 7 64bit
similar issues on other machines

reinstalled several time on different hard drives and have run out of ideas
help

+Quote Post
General_Kirov86
post 27 Aug 2012, 12:26
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 9285

Greetings, dear friends! I apologize to bother... :-)

I apologize in advance for the style of presentation. I am writing you from Russia and not very good at English. So I write with google-translator and therefore may write with grammatical and semantic errors. I must say that I am a very long time searching the Internet the answer to my question, but did not find one. The fact is that in our country C&C: Genarals game is not very popular, so I checked in with you and beg you to help me than anything.

My question is this:

I installed the game yesterday Genarals Zero Hour and my favorite mod Shockwave on a netbook. And when i start mod, I saw this great war video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvuhRh0hr1A (it kind of is called "shellmap" or "shell maps") I loved it! So I decided to install the game and the mod also on your PC. But when I installed the game and the mod on the PC, it is very sad. Since I have not seen this movie script. Instead, the screen was just a simple cover image / screen (http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6089/5890507cc12e.jpg)

The same system (Win7 Pro x64). The same game (license). The same mod. One and the same version. The result is different ... ;-(

Once again I ask you roscheniya if this issue has already been discussed, but Help me please.

*update*

My issue/problem was resolved.. cool.gif I launched the game in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode. Very tired while searching for a solution. It would be nice to add it to the FAQ. Since in the present most people use Windows 7 & Shellmap may does not work just as I have. Good luck! ..

I found it here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/107125...-playing-movies

This post has been edited by General_Kirov86: 27 Aug 2012, 13:52

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 27 Aug 2012, 22:47
Post #40

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

The shell map does not work correctly on x64-bit versions of Windows 7.

Карта оболочка не корректно работать на 64-разрядных версиях Windows 7.

--------------------

+Quote Post
General_Kirov86
post 2 Sep 2012, 18:56
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 9285

Pickysaurus
May be... But in my case it work 100% correctly and i not detected any bugs/glitch or computer slows when shell map playing. Looking shell map about long time all over again (i tested and played for about a week.). Maybe I just got lucky? Who knows, who knows...))

In any case, thank you for responding!..

This post has been edited by General_Kirov86: 2 Sep 2012, 18:58

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 2 Sep 2012, 19:24
Post #42

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Running the game in windows xp compatibility mode has solved this problem for several users.

--------------------

+Quote Post
soldierkahn
post 3 May 2013, 23:05
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 9914

just in case noone has posted this specifically, I was having an issue launching the Shockwave mod when using with the CNC The First Decade set.

Originally, i assumed the default location to be installed would be in the "C:\program files\ea games\Command & Conquer: The First Decade\" root folder but when this is done, you will receive the "you installed to the wrong directory moron" message (no its not offensive, i appreciated the message). Through many attempts at trial and error, I finally set the install directory to:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour"

Once I installed in THIS folder, the mod works flawlessly. Like i said, im not sure if anyone has posted this, but i was unable to find anything when searching around that pointed me to the correct directory. So i wanted to have at least one post giving others some help in caxse they were getting frustrated as well. Sorry if its a double post. And by the way, a huge thank you to the creators of the Shockwave mod because it is single handedly the best version of the game ive ever played, shouldve been created this way from the begining!

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 12 Mar 2014, 17:45
Post #44

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

i have one question if i download shockwave and rotr at the same time will give me problem like: lags, mismatch, seriosly error please can anyone answer this question?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azak
post 15 Jul 2014, 4:19
Post #45

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 10545

Hello. I bought command and conquer generals zero hour on origin as was wondering what file folder to install the shock wave mod in in. I tried once before and got the folder wrong and had to start reinstalling it. Can you help?

+Quote Post
WIGSTA
post 28 Aug 2014, 7:50
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 257

Hey guys,

I just purchased a new 8.1 windows 64 PC and totally forgot how to load the whole thing from scratch.
Will it work on windows 8.1? is there 1 link I can click that will download all I need in one hit?

Much appreciated any help given.

+Quote Post
Ven0mGamerX
post 28 Nov 2014, 23:58
Post #47

Group Icon

Member No.: 10748

Hi SWR Productions,

I recently got hold of Generals again, and I purchased the Ultimate Collection off of EAs Origin, so the game was patched to 1.04. however, when I try to install it works perfectly, but I still get the "You installed in the wrong folder, Moron!!" easter egg you guys have for us.

Please kindly assist.

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 30 Nov 2014, 4:13
Post #48

Writer do his best now and BSing...
Group Icon

From: Somewhere in America (currently, not always that way)
Member No.: 9758
Yes I like Touhou... and the problem is?

QUOTE (Ven0mGamerX @ 28 Nov 2014, 17:58) *
Hi SWR Productions,

I recently got hold of Generals again, and I purchased the Ultimate Collection off of EAs Origin, so the game was patched to 1.04. however, when I try to install it works perfectly, but I still get the "You installed in the wrong folder, Moron!!" easter egg you guys have for us.

Please kindly assist.

Hope this helps: http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.php?showtopic=5297

--------------------
... wait, oh s--t! I've been surrounded by raging modders!

The forum is ripe with the stench of gamers!

+Quote Post
Jimb011
post 7 Jul 2015, 18:22
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 11708

I dont know if this belongs here but here's the story. I recently found my old dvd of Command and Conquer generals deluxe edition which includes the zero hour expansion. Unfortunately the cds did not work. I talked to Origin and they provided me with digitized copy. I soon found a mod called Shockwave and wanted to try it out through origin. Unfortunately after installation the Vanilla game overrides the mod. I looked into other forums and found this quote:

So you have brought C&C The Ultimate Collection and realized that you can't get any mods to work (because EA is full of s--t). There's a simple way to fix that...
For C&C 2, C&C 3, RA3:

1. install the fixed launchers : Commandandconquer.com Never mind that link, not everyone can see it, try this one instead:Bibber.eu

2. Install Desura on your computer & get a Desura account (of course almost everyone who plays mods (beside me apparently) already got that part).

3. Download the mods that you want to play from Desura.

4. Play the mod(s)

For C&C General & ZH

1. Same as above.

2. Download whatever mod you want to play.

3. If mod has installer, launch it but make sure that the directory path leads to C&C Generals/ZH folder in Origin games rather than EA games or other things.
3.5. If mod does not have installer, simply put the files where they tell you to (still somewhere in the folder Origin games in C-drive, actually this way can be done without needing to install the fixed launchers. Note that this method can only accommodate one mod at a time.)

4. Play the mod(s).

For RA2:

I have no idea how to get mods to work for that. There's apparently something missing in the original files or something...

As you can see it referrs to Desura. However I don't understand how to do this process. when it says download whatever mods you want from desura; I ask my self where or how? If anyone can give me a simplified translation of this or a more detailed process I would appreciate it. thanks.

+Quote Post
kapul
post 28 Mar 2016, 15:53
Post #50

Group Icon

Member No.: 12731

Hello,
I'm running windows 8, ZH running ok, Shochwave installed ok (folders, names, files, ...) when I launch shockwave (as an admin), it opens a menu with "launch, windowed, etc, ..." when i click on "launch", it seems to go then crashes with a error message "seriuos error ... " // NO other mods installed.

I've read the topics around here and it seems to be a compatibility problem between windows 8 and the shockwave.
Note : I can't choose any compatibility lower than windows xp (service pack 3).

One thing i haven't done is to install shockwave as an admin.

Other than that ZH perfectly running (french) and Command and conquer also perfectly running.

Kapul

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 March 2024 - 10:41