Support to France
3rdShockArmy
post 14 Nov 2015, 10:31
Post #1

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

Even with the risk of getting banned, I just want to offer my condolences to the French people and words of support. You should stand united against this and not let those monsters change the way you are and your way of living. Only in the case they do, they will win.

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 14 Nov 2015, 10:36
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

My condolences as well to all French people and the who lost someone on this horrible night.

And for everyone who is going to reply to this its fine if you want to express your sympathy but don't resort to anything disrespectful or of political nature thank you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 14 Nov 2015, 10:40
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

Indeed a tragedy. I woke up this morning to read carnage on all news sources. My heart and mind go to all those people who found themselves in the middle of that carnage last night.

Sadly the response will most likely be more violence in a vicious circle of violence against violence. As long as we refuse to talk about the real issues at hand out of fear of being called bigot or racist we will never solve this problem. It's tragedies like this that should remind us life is the most precious thing in the world - and not material bullshit - and unless we all start respecting it, more suffering will come again and again.

Yet another dark tragic moment to reflect upon ...

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 14 Nov 2015, 10:46
Post #4

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

We had a massive discussion on the fan group last night which lasted for hours, with many differing opinions but also some concensus. I may post some of that later.

For now I just wish to give my condolences to France, the victims, the survivors and the state and hope that proper action will be taken against this barbarism.

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 14 Nov 2015, 11:12
Post #5

Chat Nick
Group Icon

If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

And, also I've already been in front of the Russian Embassy in Belgrade (I happened to be there a few days after the disaster in Egypt), I would also like to offer my condolences to my beloved Russia and the Russian people, because of the tragedy that struck them as well. The terrible toll of the most recent events took the lives of more than 400 people in both of these horrible events.

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 14 Nov 2015, 11:30
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Deplorable tragedy; my sincere condolences to the French people.

It's time for people understand that the war against terrorism is something global and all nations have an obligation to add up efforts against this evil.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 14 Nov 2015, 12:03
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

God damn. First Charlie Hebdo, now this. Paris just can't get a break. My condolences to all those who lost someone close, and let Paris stand united against whatever threatens them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 14 Nov 2015, 15:21
Post #8

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

If it's any consolation, ISIS lost a sinjar, major supply line to kurdish fighters and a US drone strike killed "Jihadi John" one of their most public executioners in the same day.

They made these attacks to hide their own losses.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 14 Nov 2015, 15:33
Post #9

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

Condolences to those who lost somebody in that tragedy.
It was a coward act.

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 14 Nov 2015, 17:16
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

My thoughts and prayers go out to the French people and all those who lost their lives or loved ones in the attack.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
chemisthypnos
post 14 Nov 2015, 23:17
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 12033

What a tragedy and pointless loss of life. possibly the worst part of such indiscriminate violence is that you never know who you are killing. Maybe the grandchild of one of the people murdered would have been the next Einstein or Tesla. It is a tragedy of which we will never know the extent. Stay strong, France.
3rdShockArmy- you were very brave for posting this even though it might have been considered political at first.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 15 Nov 2015, 0:46
Post #12

Chat Nick
Group Icon

QUOTE (chemisthypnos @ 14 Nov 2015, 23:17) *
3rdShockArmy- you were very brave for posting this even though it might have been considered political at first.

I felt really sad for what happened. This wasn't just a tragedy for France, but for whole of Europe or even more. Paris is one of the most cosmopolitan areas in the world. There were dozens of people from all over the planet killed or wounded. Whoever did or planed this is a despicable monster and they are unworthy of the lead being spent in making bullets for their skulls. angry.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 15 Nov 2015, 2:45
Post #13

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

It was really hard following a live feed on all the things that were happening

My condolences to the French people

--------------------

+Quote Post
nikitazero678
post 15 Nov 2015, 8:34
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 10536

Me too want to give a condolence for the French people who fell victim of the brutal terrorist attack in Paris two days ago.

I know that the terrorists might have a reason to do such a violent act towards whoever they perceived as enemies, but... this such action of retaliation cannot be tolerated and justified in Islamic ways. In fact, I must say that this is not a crusade... this is rather a senseless act of killing.

Makes me wonder one thing: Will religion always be the reason for such attacks to occur? If that's the case, can't we all just leave behind our hostility towards others who have a different view regarding God and live alongside each other in peace?

This post has been edited by nikitazero678: 15 Nov 2015, 8:35

+Quote Post
chemisthypnos
post 15 Nov 2015, 19:36
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (nikitazero678 @ 15 Nov 2015, 2:34) *
Me too want to give a condolence for the French people who fell victim of the brutal terrorist attack in Paris two days ago.

I know that the terrorists might have a reason to do such a violent act towards whoever they perceived as enemies, but... this such action of retaliation cannot be tolerated and justified in Islamic ways. In fact, I must say that this is not a crusade... this is rather a senseless act of killing.

Makes me wonder one thing: Will religion always be the reason for such attacks to occur? If that's the case, can't we all just leave behind our hostility towards others who have a different view regarding God and live alongside each other in peace?

Idealy, yes. There are some very sick and crazy people in this world who would view what you said as weakness. They actually believe that what they are doing is justified. It is deplorable to an extreme and thankfully, these people will never win.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Baneblade
post 15 Nov 2015, 19:39
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 11230
Good solo player, PvP beginner

Well first thank you Shock for this thread I really appreciate.

I already had support messages from some mates via gamechat and I'd like to thank them once again same time as all of you on this thread and in turn offer my sympathy to the families of the victims who were more affected than me at last friday's events.

Second, it's kinda hard to stay away from politics and religion when it comes to have such an impact on some people's everyday life, same time as you are playing a game that's coming so close to reality, and that attracts players from the whole world with different cultures and opinions.

Also I don't use Skype and due to the place where I live some players may wonder how I feel about it, and I'm keen on keeping the gamechat reserved for fun and game-related talks.

So I invite you administrators and moderators to pm me if there are some parts of this post I should edit.

So to say things with my usual black humour, it happens that some terrorists decided to blow the Bataclan and the Stade de France roughly same time as I was blowing Knjaz's forward barracks and radar outposts with my demo trucks in some 2v2, and to turn things in another way, that some rogue GLA faction decided to liberate some youths from having fun while I was having the same kind of activity, and that's where I feel concerned, though I insist I didn't lose any relatives in the attack so I don't want to express too personal concerns right now. It's just that sometimes it's not that simple to be a regular GLA player.

The other thing that makes me feel kind of involved is that I did post in some Islamic State-related thread last summer, shortly before the definitive closure of the political section. I did mainly because I was interested in the subject, and also because at one time I had perhaps the same percentage of friends from North Africa and the Middle-East (and from other countries also, you really meet every kinda people at college in France) as I have mates in ROTR today.

Actually I thought that thread could be interesting due to the analogies one can find between the GLA faction (my favourite) and that Islamic State of Syria and other Al-Quaeda groups that you can hear and read so much about in the media today. Also for being a close follower of ZH tornaments I've been knowing for some time that the CnC series is also very successful in the Middle-East, where you can find some people who can feel inclined to radical Islam ideology (just as in Europe, sadly if you ask me). So actually I thought since there was a political section on the forum some players including me might find it interestig to exchange points of view about the subject, allthemore as if you shut up some subjects, they sometimes reappear in a more subtle manner as you may have noticed in some threads this summer.

Now I'm completely aware of some facts, like :
  • politico-religious debates liable to appear extremely brutal to some people (like some balance discussions sometimes)
  • the difficulty of moderating and deciding what's fittable or not in an international context such as this community (even tried to go through more threads on the political section trying to find out what could be said or not, whether I went too far on the thread or it was someone else, then I grew kinda puzzled and I just gave up)
  • the will of some players to be here just for fun and not getting bothered with topics that are none of their concern after all.
  • should I also mension the idea that (e)-sport and politics are better kept apart sometimes just for the sake of sport itself ?

So I can't say I 100% support the sudden closure of the political section but I can deal with it perfectly, Gamereplays.org doesn't have a political section anyway as far as I know and I don't think any player ever asked for one.

Now the part of my point of view that can be interesting to the community :

Actually IS and other terrorist groups are very active on the Internet for exchanging information and converting people to their cause. Their propaganda feeds on people's lack of information, credulity and anger about their expectations not being fulfilled in the western world, which sometimes ends up in exclusion. They're as efficient as to convert non-muslim people to their cause, promising like 10 room flats with swimming pool in a country that's yet at war and you can hardly find a roof to sleep under (talking here out of what I heared from some frenches back from Syria this summer talking on TV).

So If you want to go fight for the cause, well I won't go teaching you lessons about that, since I recently recalled that my home country already has some troops fighting for its own cause in the Sahara and other places. I just advise that you cool down for a while and take some time to check the information sources at hand (like Internet but also newspapers and TV, more trackable and reliable) just to check that this cause is really worth losing some friends for, because IS is not as popular as they like to think, even in the Middle-East.

Now to other players, I'd like to insist on the exclusion factor that propaganda is based upon. In a situation of terror, which you're more or less subject to depending on the place you live, it is sometimes safer sorting people in drawers and say "OK I won't talk to this guy because he's too tanned or talks too much nonsense, what about that red stick I can see hanging out of his skirt ?".

Personally I sometimes like to take some time talking to people to see what they really have inside. Now it's all a question of experience and jugement, already had the experience of finding myself in the middle of a party saying to myself, "Well perhaps next time I won't invite this guy and that guy on the same evening".

After that, some people may argue that France is now suffering from having done the same kind of mistake on a large scale and I think some people are working hard to prove this point right just as I'm writing. Nonetheless, I was born in a multicultural country and I have learned to get used to it, then to enjoy it and take the maximum fun out of it, same time as I was trying to learn the intricate care that it takes for things not to go berserk too much in this context. And that's on this basis that today I would like to say fuck off to the people who ostensibly try to obliterate any kind of fun and entertainment in the world (football stadium, concert auditorium), just to support some form of policy some 3000 miles away from the place I live that I don't really care about in the first place.

Just living in a democracy here, electing some prez for 5 years to handle all the foreign bullshit, trying to achieve a decent life to share sometimes with people around that are in need, not boasting too much about it cuz it's not that easy for lotta other people. There I think is the point of most people in Europe.

I can hardly go further, due to forum limitations I don't like that much but understand in a way, but I guess all the people I came to talk to in the community can infer my opinions from all that.

Just once again sorry for the victims, and don't spoil my fun I won't spoil yours.

--------------------

"They shall come, expecting the obvious, the simple, the artless. They shall stab at the shadows with confused minds and troubled hearts. Meanwhile, we shall appear unseen from ten directions, and from every one strike a fatal blow."

Farseer Caerys - Battle for the Upper Wastes of Kaurava III - 41 st millenium (precise date unknown)

+Quote Post
chemisthypnos
post 15 Nov 2015, 19:40
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (3rdShockArmy @ 14 Nov 2015, 18:46) *
I felt really sad for what happened. This wasn't just a tragedy for France, but for whole of Europe or even more. Paris is one of the most cosmopolitan areas in the world. There were dozens of people from all over the planet killed or wounded. Whoever did or planed this is a despicable monster and they are unworthy of the lead being spent in making bullets for their skulls. angry.gif

Agreed. It almost makes you wonder how they could view themselvs in the right after seeing all those people dead/dying. You would have to be very detached from reality to view that as a good thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 15 Nov 2015, 21:01
Post #18

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Couldn't agree more with you, guys. No need to thank me, Bane, bro. You wrote just what any normal person thinks. No-one should generalize and hate Muslim people for this. Lets not forget that those pitiful excuses for humans are killing hundreds of thousands of Muslims in the Middle East as well and they are a common enemy to all of us, regardless.

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 23 Nov 2015, 3:16
Post #19

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

Good guy Putin reacts with more bombing of ISIS. This could brighten up someone's day: One cruise missile strike has killed around 600 ISIS fighters in one swift blow, so the blood has been repaid, somewhat.

I got to say, France did not deserve this. My condolences to the victims of these horrible attacks.

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 23 Nov 2015, 13:26
Post #20

Chat Nick
Group Icon

QUOTE (Karpet @ 23 Nov 2015, 3:16) *
Good guy Putin reacts with more bombing of ISIS. This could brighten up someone's day: One cruise missile strike has killed around 600 ISIS fighters in one swift blow, so the blood has been repaid, somewhat.

I got to say, France did not deserve this. My condolences to the victims of these horrible attacks.

We'll never be really safe, unless the Russians kill 'em all. Every time when they think of killing almost 240 people in a plane, including the children, even babies, getting in a market in Lebanon and killing almost 100, in various places in Paris and killing 150 people, they should get hundreds of Russian cruise missiles right up their asses (like they are already). I think they're dead by the end of the next yeah.
The real problem is the damn idea. This whole thing is about that. As long as there are people willing to implement it and those who would join in, the ISIS isn't dead. You can't really bomb that.

This post has been edited by 3rdShockArmy: 23 Nov 2015, 13:27

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 23 Nov 2015, 13:44
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Thanks for turning it into a political topic Karpet.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 10:41