Reply to this topicStart new topic
Battle Simulation Ironbear, Russia challenge maps
Purple
post 5 Jan 2017, 23:16
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13498

Playing this on 1.87 and I have to say that the AI is way too hard. Like it's easily on the same level as the hardest AI setting for skirmish games. And whilst some people are ok playing with that I just get rolled over far too easily. And that makes me sad. sad.gif

I hope that the official scenarios when they come out in 2.0 won't be this brutal.

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:
- Aggressive amounts of micromanagement.
- Superweapon whack-a-mole.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 5 Jan 2017, 23:29
Post #27

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

Perhaps setting 3 difficulity variants for the Challenge which is very easy to do.

Delay between building attack teams can be manually be delayed via scripts. Would be a good idea, to have it in this set up :

Easy : 25 seconds
Medium :17.5 seconds
Hard : 5 seconds.

That would definitely make a difference without going on the hassle of re-editing all the attack teams. As a resualt , while the attacks still retain their ruthlessness, you are given a much bigger window of time and breathing space to build up beforehand.

At the moment the teams are build attack teams at interval of 15 seconds which is halfed incase the AI is "rich" which is most likely the case. So you end up with a 7.5 second build delay.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Purple
post 5 Jan 2017, 23:45
Post #28

Group Icon

Er... If you ask me, as far as difficulty goes the original ZH Generals Challenge on Medium and Hard had the difficulty about right. So like ideally you'd want your new easy to be the old medium, your new medium to be the old brutal and your brutal to be what ever sadistic nightmare you can think up that can top that without making it unplayable.

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 5 Jan 2017, 23:59
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

QUOTE (Mizo @ 5 Jan 2017, 22:29) *
Perhaps setting 3 difficulity variants for the Challenge which is very easy to do.

Delay between building attack teams can be manually be delayed via scripts. Would be a good idea, to have it in this set up :

Easy : 25 seconds
Medium :17.5 seconds
Hard : 5 seconds.

That would definitely make a difference without going on the hassle of re-editing all the attack teams. As a resualt , while the attacks still retain their ruthlessness, you are given a much bigger window of time and breathing space to build up beforehand.

At the moment the teams are build attack teams at interval of 15 seconds which is halfed incase the AI is "rich" which is most likely the case. So you end up with a 7.5 second build delay.

erm, u may wanna look at the script setup biggrin.gif its gonna be a full rewrite and more teams to do that.
also i know why the AI rushs the player anyways. its currently ignoring the can/cannot build scripts not been able to get it to obay them for the 5 months i was working on this.
though iv got a way around that i can do to delay the ai for a further 3 mins with no hastle

QUOTE (Purple @ 5 Jan 2017, 22:45) *
Er... If you ask me, as far as difficulty goes the original ZH Generals Challenge on Medium and Hard had the difficulty about right. So like ideally you'd want your new easy to be the old medium, your new medium to be the old brutal and your brutal to be what ever sadistic nightmare you can think up that can top that without making it unplayable.

easy was too easy, medium was rotr level of easy AI, hard was medium level rotr ai for that map in comparison to current 1.87 AI level
"sadistic nightmare" <----- the usa challenge map atm tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Purple
post 6 Jan 2017, 2:47
Post #30

Group Icon

QUOTE (Skitt @ 5 Jan 2017, 23:59) *
easy was too easy, medium was rotr level of easy AI, hard was medium level rotr ai for that map in comparison to current 1.87 AI level
"sadistic nightmare" <----- the usa challenge map atm tongue.gif

Well actually Easy was not really that easy. But only because the AI had access to infinite superweapons in the original and would turn the whole game into a superweapon whackamole. And as far as the old medium being ROTR easy AI yes, that is as it should be. Because to be perfectly honest playing 1.87 I can only reliably beat the AI on easy. And I am probably not alone. 1.87 has a massively insane difficulty spike on account of just how much cash the AI gets by cheating.

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 6 Jan 2017, 6:09
Post #31

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

erm, u may wanna look at the script setup biggrin.gif its gonna be a full rewrite and more teams to do that.
also i know why the AI rushs the player anyways. its currently ignoring the can/cannot build scripts not been able to get it to obay them for the 5 months i was working on this.
though iv got a way around that i can do to delay the ai for a further 3 mins with no hastle

Ah, I see. All good then, but ugh that's gonna be a hassle ( or not depending on whether you like editing teams).

1.87 I can only reliably beat the AI on easy. And I am probably not alone. 1.87 has a massively insane difficulty spike on account of just how much cash the AI gets by cheating.

There is a misconception going around that 1.87 AI cheats more than the previous 1.86 one , which needs to be cleared out.

In terms of overall cheat cash, the newer AI gets around 25% - 35% cash depending on their GP set, however this cash is not given to them in one go, but is rather the total amount they get from their "achievements". Destroying their tier structures and expansions actually lowers that amount by alot, and they'd need to rebuild them then wait for the next dosage to come. Previous one was literally 'every 60 minute give AI x cash" and other others that gave it cash at specific timings akin to ZH, and you can't really do anything about it.

Now the reason why the new AI feels more aggressive is due to the fact that I removed several Zerohour relics that made the AI spam units in base and never use them, making the base clog and the game laggy. I simply removed them , and made the AI be aggressive and always collect unit in its base for attack. This results in those teams being killed more often, which in return made the AI rebuild them more frequently, which overall, increased the unit count.

This post has been edited by Mizo: 6 Jan 2017, 8:03

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Purple
post 6 Jan 2017, 22:49
Post #32

Group Icon

It's just that from my experience it's gotten a lot harder to starve the AI than it used to be. But maybe that's just a function of it no longer giving me enough of a breath air to actually focus on doing that rather than constantly being forced on the defensive.

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 7 Jan 2017, 0:00
Post #33

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Yeah, admitingly current medium is abit wacky tongue.gif
Am trying to adjust them in the internal builds so that they're closer to easy's style albiet faster.

By the way , if medium is too hard, and easy is too easy, have you tried playing against 2 easy AIs allied with each other ? It's quiet fun biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Purple
post 7 Jan 2017, 0:06
Post #34

Group Icon

That's basically how I play most of the time. But than lag becomes a serious issue.

This post has been edited by Purple: 7 Jan 2017, 0:06

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:

+Quote Post
franko
post 29 Jun 2019, 14:25
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 16840

link is broken

+Quote Post
franko
post 29 Jun 2019, 14:27
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 16840

link is broken

+Quote Post
samiwaqar123
post 3 Jul 2022, 13:55
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 24840

QUOTE (Skitt @ 23 Oct 2016, 12:58) *
Russia Challenge maps

"Okay, Lieutenant Newbie. Today, we're gonna mix it up a bit: The AI will be simulating the tactics of legendary PLA general Ta Hun Kwai, with a twist: He will be using Russian hardware. Let's see how you handle this one. VR is online, simulations starts in 3...2...1..."

Same drill as the ECA and China challenge maps.
in the archive there is 5 maps, each map is for a faction to fight the Russia AI on the Tank generals challenge map with Kwai's audios.
just drop the maps named:
Battle Simulation Ironbear - China
Battle Simulation Ironbear - ECA
Battle Simulation Ironbear - Gla
Battle Simulation Ironbear - Usa
Battle Simulation Ironbear - Russia
into your maps folder.
documents/command and conquer generals zero hour data/maps

Word of warning: Starts off easy and gradually picks up pace don't expect this to be easy in late game.
Any problems just let me know.

Thanks to MARS for the VR background story to explain the audios + russia

+Quote Post
samiwaqar123
post 3 Jul 2022, 13:57
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 24840

QUOTE (Skitt @ 23 Oct 2016, 12:58) *
Russia Challenge maps

"Okay, Lieutenant Newbie. Today, we're gonna mix it up a bit: The AI will be simulating the tactics of legendary PLA general Ta Hun Kwai, with a twist: He will be using Russian hardware. Let's see how you handle this one. VR is online, simulations starts in 3...2...1..."

Same drill as the ECA and China challenge maps.
in the archive there is 5 maps, each map is for a faction to fight the Russia AI on the Tank generals challenge map with Kwai's audios.
just drop the maps named:
Battle Simulation Ironbear - China
Battle Simulation Ironbear - ECA
Battle Simulation Ironbear - Gla
Battle Simulation Ironbear - Usa
Battle Simulation Ironbear - Russia
into your maps folder.
documents/command and conquer generals zero hour data/maps

Word of warning: Starts off easy and gradually picks up pace don't expect this to be easy in late game.
Any problems just let me know.

Thanks to MARS for the VR background story to explain the audios + russia

Unable to download Russia challenge, is there issue with the link or something ?

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 3 Jul 2022, 22:22
Post #39

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

here, though this challenge's AI barely works and I haven't bothered to fix it.
Attached File  Battle_Simulation_Ironbear_maps_1.86.rar ( 1.92MB ) Number of downloads: 10

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 23:39