Reply to this topicStart new topic
European Conflict Christmas Update
mbob61
post 23 Dec 2009, 21:53
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

Merry Christmas! Well, at least, it is for the WEA comrade! Recent intelligence videos suggest that the WEA have been hiding their ace up their sleeve for quite some time. Having undergone severe modifications since the last time it was seen on the battlefield, the WEA have revealed their most potent weapon, the MASS.

The Massive Aerial Strike System, or MASS for some peace of mind amongst the troops (lest they find out what it is actually called), is a foe not to be feared should you ever come into contact with it, the main reason being that you will likely already be dead. Floating using a unique propulsion system, the MASS emits massive electrical surges from the electrostatic pads on its chassis, polarising the air around it which in turn repels the massive discs, keeping the entire thing airborne. While the static charges from the MASS hit the ground in a light display that is second to none, you should be focused far more on the puny-looking gun at the front of the craft. From the few scarce bits of footage that we have seen and collated for you, and from survivors' stories, we are aware that this floating hulk of metal would be better known as a harbinger of death. Do not be fooled by the pathetic looking bomblets that it is capable of firing from its even more pathetic-looking weapon - each contains a Singularity bomb, capable of ripping flesh from bone, and more importantly, boiling any metal within range. The bomblets contain canisters that take several seconds to activate, but on doing so, reach critical mass and annihilate matter on a subatomic level, resulting in cataclysmic explosions. Should you be fast enough, however, the canisters can be deactivated by sustained firepower, as one of our Scorcher pilots found to his benefit not long ago. In this case, only a small explosion occurs, as the onboard C4 ignites, destroying the canisters before the Singularity can occur.

The cowardly WEA use an airborne weapon, one that cannot be targeted by our Behemoth. But like any airborne target, our Quickfires can shred it as long as they can stay out of it's range. Anything else should just stay the hell out the way of the MASS lest the pilot has a death wish, or if you are displeased with their service. A potent weapon in the hands of the enemy, but potent does not mean unbeatable. Good luck comrade, may luck favour you should you have need of it.

Features include:
*Epic air unit, capable of giving and receiving plenty of presents damage!
*Fires singularity bomblets which deal heavy damage, but can be deactivated if destroyed in time.
*Capable of designating enemy units to increase firepower of friendly units.

We also have a special treat for you folks, in the form of a wallpaper featuring all three of the epic units in the game. Who will win is anyone's guess, but it will be one hell of a fight!

Finally, it is that time of the year once again! ModDB is hosting it's annual Mod of the Year Awards, and if you think European Conflict has done enough to warrant a mention, please don't forget to vote for us here!

From the European Conflict Team, have a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

--------------------
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 23 Dec 2009, 22:38
Post #2

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Very impressive video

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 24 Dec 2009, 0:58
Post #3

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

I see influence from the craft used in The Matrix for the MASS? It looks really good, albeit a bit alien. Admittedly, the entire faction shares the trait.

In the video where the Atlas wins first but loses to the UAN, well it's a bit lame to have it first target a few units and then take on an entire army of UAN....

I love the mobile factory thing that you made of the UAN missile launcher unit though. I like the ideas coming from your mod.

In the end, the MASS and Behemoth seem just a bit more original and cool than the Atlas. Does it have some additional functionality too apart from a devastating supergun? Otherwise it would fall a bit flat.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mbob61
post 24 Dec 2009, 2:13
Post #4

Group Icon

We have some things planned for the Atlas.
Cheers for the comments so far guys smile.gif

Mike

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 25 Dec 2009, 15:34
Post #5

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Nice video, althouhg the presentation focused more on the Atlas and Behemoth than on the MASS. One thing thouhg: the Behemoth has no thread marks which would be strange looking considering such a big and bulky unit ^^

+Quote Post
Shock
post 26 Dec 2009, 16:29
Post #6

Forum Green
Group Icon

Member No.: 17

I think the Behemoth didn't really have any good look at it's locomotor when this video was made, figure it's way too fast turning and absence of tread marks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 26 Dec 2009, 17:26
Post #7

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Small grafical suggestions:
-give the Behemoth thread marks (obviously) and make it turn slower
-make the MASS spin less upon death (it is a floating unit like a zeppelin, not a helicopter, thus it should go down rather smooth and fast) wink.gif

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 1 Jan 2010, 18:54
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96

I'm very pleased that the MASS has had a redesign, as the old one was a very odd-looking solar-blimp-thing with a giant gun on it; this one is much more visually acceptable stunning.

I'm only disappointed that I can't see the vid (Damn the Great Firewall of China).

--------------------

+Quote Post
R3ven
post 2 Jan 2010, 18:11
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 356
l33t

lol, firewall of china xD

very cool, cant wait for the next update smile.gif

the atlas isn't very good looking in my opinion though kinda of ugly with that giant cannon just hanging there sieghand.png

+Quote Post
mbob61
post 2 Jan 2010, 19:11
Post #10

Group Icon

Cheers for the support guys smile.gif
The Atlas is a very effective unit in combat but the design is obviously down to personal taste.
NergiZed, i can try and send you the video if you like? Its quite large but i can upload if for you smile.gif

Mike

--------------------

+Quote Post
Carl
post 2 Jan 2010, 19:43
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 130

I see we're not the only ones suffering from youtube censorship biggrin.gif
@NergiZed : Did you try to watch the video on ModDB? With some luck, it will get past the great firewall tongue.gif

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 6 Jan 2010, 17:02
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96

Thank you CAAAARRLL for the link, it works and I'm highly appreciative. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 6 Jan 2010, 17:02

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 13:27