Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Some review
Casojin
post 22 Jun 2011, 9:43
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 222

When PtV007 is out, it has become my favorite HW2 mod. I really like the new fast-pace style (due to limited time-table in RL these days) combined with choices and variety of strategies and tactics.

However, after playing for a while, it seems that Vaygr can field less ships than Hiigaran (and Vaygr fleet is supposed to be the one who has to come with number), especially Cap Ships.

Hiig Soban: 6 Des, 3 Cru, 2 BC (if two carrier is used)
Hiig Soban + Naabal: 6 Des, 3 Cru, 3 BC (one starting carrier is enough)
Hiig Manaan: 6 Des, 3 Cru
Vay Warlord: 6 Des, 3 Cru
Vay Invasion: 6 Des, 2 BC

This makes me feel that Vaygr number is a bit lacking compared to Hiigaran, especially Sobani. Even comparing Manaan with Soban, I think Soban is much more effective. The best combination with Manaan seems to be Somtaaw but not the other two.

Sobani force can field a lot of cap ships with Somtaaw (6 Des, 3 Cru, 2 BC, 2 Somtaaw Dreadnought) while Manaan seems to get less. Manaan with Naabal seems to be quite a disappointing choice as they have only carrier as super-capitol ships. They can have a lot of production facility but there is not enough ship cap for them to field anything from those factories. Manaan with S'Jet is not entirely good nor bad. They are just not as good as Manaan with Somtaaw.

As Vaygr player, I really like the new warlord choices. Alas, some hero doesn't last very long in battle (Commander Lijan for example). It takes quite some time to figure out which hero fits what doctrines. But as I said earlier, they seem to have less ships than Hiigaran at maximum cap.

Dark Omen is......powerful but it's hard to get them.

Kadeshi is also very interesting race, considering that they have the most combination choices (12). It makes me confused sometimes but there are only certain number of good combinations. It took quite some time for me to learn the combination but in the end, I think I get the system.

Keeper is as slow as ever and play pretty much like PtV006 with less energy production.

Turanic is really great with merc. It's quite interesting with random Pirate Lord assistance. Nice one.

It would be nice to have a manual and strategic guide like 006 one.

--------------------
CASOJIN

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 April 2024 - 12:50