First Vehicle that rolls out of War Factory
Rohan
post 13 Dec 2016, 17:46
Post #1

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10041

What vehicle do you create the first ? What implications does the first vehicle you create from the War Factory have ? Which would be the best in which situation ?

I am only talking about War Factories, Arms Dealers and Vehicle Assembly Depots.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 13 Dec 2016, 17:47
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10884

QUOTE (Rohan @ 13 Dec 2016, 18:46) *
Vehicle Assembly Depots.

Har, good one

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
M.P
post 13 Dec 2016, 18:35
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10559

Usually a "Be M.P" or a Kodiak, Depending on my opponent. Against China and Russia it's a Be M.P, Against othrr faction, usually conscript kodiak

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 13 Dec 2016, 18:37
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 11665

As USA vs...

USA: Avenger (US player will hate you for it though, US Mirror Avenger Wars are generally frustrating for receiving end).

GLA: Humvee, TOW depends on whether you want to do kiting or if there are Scorpions.

China: Humvee, TOW depends on whether you want to do kiting or if there are Battlemasters.

Russia: Humvee, would absolutely recommend getting TOW missile once you have spare cash while making 2nd Humvee.

ECA: Humvee, would absolutely recommend getting TOW missile once you have spare cash while making 2nd Humvee.

As GLA vs...

USA: Quad Cannon is a generally safe option, Technicals if you want to hunt down Humvees/Can be massed easily due to 400$ cost (can use 3 Technicals to easily burst down a lone Humvee, would not recommend doing head-on engagements with Technicals unless you massively outnumber and would do a flank with them instead in combo with another army such as Quads.

GLA: Technicals for easily harrass on GLA supply lines on the workers or denying forward workers, Quad Cannon if you want to play aggressive/defensive depending on how you use the first quad, Scorpion spam depending on whether you think your opponent will commit to mass Quad spam (would watch out for demotrucks however if you want to commit to mass Scorpions).

China: Technical for TechRPG (one of the most effective rushes vs China, use it on the unprotected supply, usually the 2nd one), Quad Cannons if its clear that the China is going for a lot of T0 infantry, followed up by Scorpion mix transition as basic meta. Scorpions aren't too effective as an opener but rather a follow up.

Russia: Technical for either TechRPG, harrassing Russia supply lines or for TechHijacker (2 Hijackers), Quad Cannons followed up by Scorpions (to handle any early Conscript spam, don't take engagements with BMPs/Kodiaks, transition to Scorpions/Hijackers for that).

ECA: Quad Cannon as main unit or Technical for TechRPG/TechAnarchist (2-3 Anarchists) to dozerhunt the expansion dozer from ECA, though you need to be quick with your Technical and has risk/reward factor).

As China vs...

USA: Gatling Tank, sending it immediately to the USA's second supply, with 2nd Gatling Tank being sent to 1st (can be done for another cycle, though that depends on how fast you want to transition to T1).

GLA: Troop Crawler if you want to go for worker crushes as fast as possible and you don't want to use your Supply Trucks, Gatling Tank as a defensive unit against TechRPG (though its risky to only have 1 unless you are able to micro your dozer/trucks to crush the RPGs). Immediate 2nd unit should be Battlemaster if you made a Gatling Tank, or 3rd unit in case of Troop Crawler.

China: Battlemaster, or if you are rushing T1, Dragon Tank. Only go Gatling Tank if you see the other China going aggressive with infantry (Optimized Production Infantry Rush with 2-3 Barracks).

Russia: Battlemaster. No other choice if playing T0 or even T1 Rush, and you can either use it defensively for your T1 Rush or offensively against Russia's unprotected supply (2nd supply usually). In a 1v1, a BMP (Mauler) loses to a Battlemaster if you micro through the smokes. 1 Spotlight Battlemaster can't beat Kodiak.

ECA: Battlemaster, which is used to hunt the ECA Expansion Dozer or to protect your supply from early Lynx harassment.

As Russia vs...

USA: Tunguskas. No other choice, make 2-3 Tunguskas which you send 1st Tunguska to 2nd supply, 2nd Tunguska to 1st Supply, and 3rd Tunguska to your choice.

GLA: BMP (Mauler) is viable as a mobile defensive unit, Kodiak is a bulky defensive unit that needs Conscript support to handle Hijackers/RPGs, Tunguskas if expecting Technical harassment.

China: BMP (Mauler) if you want to play aggressive against China and harass their unrpotected supply, Kodiak if you want to play defensive, Tunguska if expecting mass infantry rush (Optimized Production 2-3 Barracks Infantry Spam).

Russia: Kodiak if you want to play defensive, BMP (Mauler) if you want to play offensive or have mobility.

ECA: BMP (Mauler) can be used to hunt down ECA Expansion Dozer, and is generally the safest option. Can't take on Guard Tower however.

As ECA (You won't really be making Vehicles that often, so i'll mention some T1 units since some matchups, you'll have T1 units usually as your first unit out of the Field Command if you're not against a USA) vs...

USA: Gepards, optional if Field Promoted as well as optional if manned with infantry for extra firepower, but it is a noticeable increase in power.

GLA: Bloodhounds are great for supply harassment, and scale well into T1 with chaffs and Revolver Rounds. You'll want to start making Mole Minelayers once you hit T1 and lay mines in key locations then around main areas of the battlefield since GLA is really weak to mines.

China: Lynx if you want to go for an infantry rush (3 Panzerfausts, 1 Medic, 2 Felins), most likely will be Molemine Layers if not.

Russia: Lynx if you want to go for an infantry rush (3 Panzerfausts, 1 Medic, 2 Felins), most likely will be Molemine Layers if not.

ECA: Molemine Layers, you won't really use any other units from the Field Command / Vehicle Assembly at T0.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 13 Dec 2016, 18:41

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 13 Dec 2016, 18:56
Post #5

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Member No.: 10450

ECA doesn't have a warfactory.

Your only vehicles are dozers. Dozer spam and be a roacher like the Willem you are.

This post has been edited by Mizo: 13 Dec 2016, 18:57

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Zion
post 13 Dec 2016, 19:04
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

QUOTE (Marakar @ 13 Dec 2016, 12:37) *
As China vs...

USA: Gatling Tank, sending it immediately to the USA's second supply, with 2nd Gatling Tank being sent to 1st (can be done for another cycle, though that depends on how fast you want to transition to T1).

GLA: Troop Crawler if you want to go for worker crushes as fast as possible and you don't want to use your Supply Trucks, Gatling Tank as a defensive unit against TechRPG (though its risky to only have 1 unless you are able to micro your dozer/trucks to crush the RPGs). Immediate 2nd unit should be Battlemaster if you made a Gatling Tank, or 3rd unit in case of Troop Crawler.

China: Battlemaster, or if you are rushing T1, Dragon Tank. Only go Gatling Tank if you see the other China going aggressive with infantry (Optimized Production Infantry Rush with 2-3 Barracks).

Russia: Battlemaster. No other choice if playing T0 or even T1 Rush, and you can either use it defensively for your T1 Rush or offensively against Russia's unprotected supply (2nd supply usually). In a 1v1, a BMP (Mauler) loses to a Battlemaster if you micro through the smokes. 1 Spotlight Battlemaster can't beat Kodiak.

ECA: Battlemaster, which is used to hunt the ECA Expansion Dozer or to protect your supply from early Lynx harassment.

Let me get u up to date as of 1.87 marakar tongue.gif

China: hoppers or Battlemaster, or if you are rushing T1, Dragon Tank. Only go Gatling Tank if you see the other China going aggressive with infantry (Optimized Production Infantry Rush with 2-3 Barracks).

Russia: hoppers. No other choice if playing T0 or even T1 Rush, and you can either use it defensively for your T1 Rush or offensively against Russia's unprotected supply (2nd supply usually). In a 1v1, a BMP (Mauler) loses to a Battlemaster if you micro through the smokes. 1 Spotlight Battlemaster can't beat Kodiak.

ECA: hoppers, which is used to hunt the ECA Expansion Dozer or to protect your supply from early Lynx harassment.

This post has been edited by Zion: 13 Dec 2016, 19:04

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 13 Dec 2016, 19:35
Post #7

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

For once, I wont be spoiling my tactics, but my playstyle differates from nearly everyone here.I do enjoy hoppers as china and I've tried drones vs gla, they work but I like vees not because of the TOW upgrade but becase the can carry troops.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 13 Dec 2016, 20:02
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 11665

Yep, Hoppers work as a substitute for Battlemasters since their quantity can be used to be in more places around the map early on, works well especially vs Russia to split their units up on both supplies. Battlemaster is more for being a direct threat since it can crush defensive RPGs/Conscripts or avoid them and wins in a 1v1 vs a BMP (Mauler).

This post has been edited by Marakar: 13 Dec 2016, 20:05

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
M01
post 13 Dec 2016, 22:54
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 10658
Yo buddy... Still Alive?

QUOTE (Mizo @ 14 Dec 2016, 1:56) *
ECA doesn't have a warfactory.

Your only vehicles are dozers. Dozer spam and be a roacher like the Willem you are.

yes mizo we know you're the walking guard tower

also I thought there would be more usa players that do air field opening?

This post has been edited by M01: 13 Dec 2016, 22:56

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 13 Dec 2016, 23:03
Post #10

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Airfield isn't really viable at high level play.
Unless its a big map, or your opponent REALLY fucks up.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 13 Dec 2016, 23:20
Post #11

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Airfield is a huge risk that doesn't pay off in the current version in a 1v1. In 2.0, an airfield start may pay off if you play as Griffon, but only if your micro is on-point and your build orders are perfect.

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 14 Dec 2016, 0:07
Post #12

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

I could write the same as Marakar, but he answer you more before than me.

QUOTE (GeneralCamo @ 13 Dec 2016, 19:20) *
Airfield is a huge risk that doesn't pay off in the current version in a 1v1. In 2.0, an airfield start may pay off if you play as Griffon, but only if your micro is on-point and your build orders are perfect.

why airfield are risky?
They can build blackhawks+veteran company GP to early rush and can deal good damaga against light AA units.
HKs are average agaisnt AA vehicles, due now the AA vehicle doesnt have much weapon range agaisnt AA, inteast ZH quads and gatling tanks have more weapon range.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 14 Dec 2016, 2:43
Post #13

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Problem is that everything you build from an Airstrip can be countered by Anti-Air units. Most anti-air units also counter infantry. This makes early assaults with air units not cost effective.

+Quote Post
Gameman112358
post 14 Dec 2016, 5:04
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 11944

QUOTE (GeneralCamo @ 13 Dec 2016, 17:43) *
Problem is that everything you build from an Airstrip can be countered by Anti-Air units. Most anti-air units also counter infantry. This makes early assaults with air units not cost effective.

Hmm. Makes me wonder then how General Griffon is going to hold up, balance wise. Between heavy AA (Twin Fang, Ural, Grumble), the fact that aircraft imo aren't very durable in general, and the fact that most U.S. aircraft aren't known for their splash damage (Needed if you want to deal with massive blobs, China, I'm looking at you.), it makes me wonder if anyone will bother going for Griffon instead of say, General Bradley. (Paladin tanks? Bradley IFVs? Patriots? Composite Armor upgrade? Now we're talking.)

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 14 Dec 2016, 6:01
Post #15

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Member No.: 10450

Oh dont he will ^^

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Gameman112358
post 14 Dec 2016, 7:03
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 11944

I hope so. I've seen doomy's streams, and tbh, the U.S. Air Force isn't terribly impressive at the moment (Though most of it (Nighthawk, HK drone, and Comanche goes to Griffon, I think, so those don't count) is for the other two American generals, Bradley and Thorn, so I guess it makes sense they're not super good). Not mentioning heavy AA is freaking strong as hell. But this is not the thread for that. I'll probably open a thread of my own, discussing my impressions of the 2.0 generals, their tactics, and who is going to be picked the most and who is picked least. (Especially since the devs released 1.87 PB; that tells me you guys aren't too far away from releasing 1.87 in full, and unless you guys switched your plans, ya'll be focusing on 2.0 after 1.87, so I may as well start guessing, especially since it'll probably help pass the time until then. XD)

But back on topic, first vehicle that comes out of the War Factory for me would be (PvE player, keep that in mind):

USA: Humvee if I want to scout the enemy and I'm playing with less cash. Otherwise, if I have more cash and I'm turtling/tech rushing, I'll wait till t1, then start making crusader tanks. Reason: Humvees are quick, and do decent damage, but I'm freaking terrible at trying to keep them alive. They're very fragile, and every time I try to micro them, I end up sending them too close to the enemy and get them killed. XD I'm more comfortable with crusaders, since they've got more health, and I don't have to watch them as often as I do with humvees.

China: Hopper tanks. They're fragile, but they're quick and cost efficient, given that you get two of them each time. (4 with optimized production). They're weak individually, but it's so easy for me to build more of them simply because they're so cheap and you get 2(or 4) at a time. Their production advantage also means that they can simply overwhelm the enemy with sheer numbers. Battlemasters are easier to focus down compared to hoppers imo.

GLA: I don't really play GLA much. Not my schtick. But when I do, Technicals are usually my first vehicle that I deploy. Very fragile, but they're fast, reasonably good against infantry, carries troops(I've seen people on stream do some nasty stuff with that.), and pretty good overall at harassing the enemy. Though they suffer the same problem like the humvees; I can't micro them worth shit. XD

Russia: Maulers. Tank like armor, transport, reasonably fast (given how slow Russia is), decent weapons. I like these things simply because they require less babysitting from me. They're also less risky; I'm less likely to send them off to their death simply because they can take a lot more hits than the other starting vehicles.

ECA: ECA aren't really known for their vehicles. I usually start with Gepards. Lynxes only function as transports for the most part, and pandurs aren't very cheap; too risky to start with them. Gepards are good against infantry, good against aircraft as well. Helps if the AI decides to start spamming aircraft. If I'm turtling (if you're playing ECA, why wouldn't you?), I wait until t1, then deploy Leopards immediately, which are a pretty decent multipurpose tank aside from its poor HP (IMO).

+Quote Post
Purple
post 14 Dec 2016, 16:09
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 13498

Now, I only play vs the AI however:

USA: Probably the laser AA thing. But even than that's late in the game. In general I tend to not go for the war factory early on in preference of the airfield. Helicopters are better for scouting and taking out marauding infantry. And the tech tree lets me skip the war factory until much later. And if I do need to make a ground assault of any substantial game changing nature the various free air drop units do the job. That and the infantry. Awesome US infantry.

China: Either the gattling tank or the regular one depending on which faction I am up against. But again, really infantry is king here. I can get a lot more millage in the early game from an infantry blob than I can from tanks unless the map is really lopsided in some way or I am expecting a vehicle/helicopter rush.

And so tanks only really come out for early scouting or the end of game tank blob. And at that point it's optimized production + ANYTHING in large numbers. Early on the war factory is often just an annoying extra cost to get to the propaganda center and beyond.

This said, Chinese tanks are awesome in the late game blob.

GLA: I don't really use the GLA vehicles much at all. Like in the whole game. Well other than the grad. The ability to magically spawn in a large infantry blob for free is just too good. Scouting? Infantry blob. Harass? Infantry blob? Cover artillery against counter attacks? The really big infantry blob you've been saving up whole game.

If anything as the GLA the wining move seems to be to rush forward, set up defenses and let the enemy pay for your end-of-game blob. And you don't need to scout for that because the worker units are dirt cheap anyway.

Russia: The BMP every single time. Most versatile tank in the game easily. Give it some AA firepower and I'd newer need to build anything else other than artillery. The codiac would be good early too but it takes too long to build. And by the time you have the time to spend building a end-of-game tank blob there are better options available.

ECA: Mortar tanks probably. Either that or a wotan. ECA vehicles in general take too long to build and are too costly to be blobbed. 1-2 leopards are not going to be turning any tides any time soon. And your other early options really suck at anything other than scouting. And as the ECA you really won't be having map control anyway. Better to build defenses and blob infantry and mortars behind them.

This post has been edited by Purple: 14 Dec 2016, 16:09

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:
- Aggressive amounts of micromanagement.
- Superweapon whack-a-mole.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 15 Dec 2016, 16:37
Post #18

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Griffon has a few key aspects that are currently missing from the arsenal. For example, the Raptor belongs to him, which get some nice buffs in 2.0 when it will be brought back. He also has the Nighthawk, Aurora, Viper, and 1.87 Comanche in his arsenal. Along with some unique and special powers that will truly make him the "air" faction in this game. The Airforce in 1.86 is basically a slightly upgraded vanilla Airforce. 1.87 introduces his trademark Stealth Comanche, but his fixed-wing aircraft are still missing their special features that will make them truly unique.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 15 Dec 2016, 17:08
Post #19

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

I hope we can have......Goliath for jets.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 16 Dec 2016, 3:48
Post #20

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

QUOTE (GeneralCamo @ 15 Dec 2016, 12:37) *
Griffon has a few key aspects that are currently missing from the arsenal. For example, the Raptor belongs to him, which get some nice buffs in 2.0 when it will be brought back. He also has the Nighthawk, Aurora, Viper, and 1.87 Comanche in his arsenal. Along with some unique and special powers that will truly make him the "air" faction in this game. The Airforce in 1.86 is basically a slightly upgraded vanilla Airforce. 1.87 introduces his trademark Stealth Comanche, but his fixed-wing aircraft are still missing their special features that will make them truly unique.

why he have the nighthawk if he have too the aurora?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 12:15