IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
ECA Howitzer Long Range Barrage Artillery Barrage, How to make it work?
delta297
post 23 Dec 2016, 12:17
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13879

Ok, just a recent user of ROTR. The Howitzer Position structure has a secondary firing option where it claims to be able to fire "anywhere" on the map as long as the target is marked. So, I marked an enemy structure on the other side of the map with the Marksman and pressed the secondary fire button. Nothing happened.

Also tried to force fire with and without the marker, but it just won't work. What is the direct requirements for the long range barrage to work anyway?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 23 Dec 2016, 12:29
Post #2

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (delta297 @ 23 Dec 2016, 12:17) *
Ok, just a recent user of ROTR. The Howitzer Position structure has a secondary firing option where it claims to be able to fire "anywhere" on the map as long as the target is marked. So, I marked an enemy structure on the other side of the map with the Marksman and pressed the secondary fire button. Nothing happened.

Also tried to force fire with and without the marker, but it just won't work. What is the direct requirements for the long range barrage to work anyway?

That ability still requiers to point which marker you bombard. It is a targetted ability, not an automatic one.
Once you've marked the target, select the second barrage mode, and click on the purple marker.

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
delta297
post 23 Dec 2016, 12:46
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13879

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 23 Dec 2016, 19:29) *
That ability still requiers to point which marker you bombard. It is a targetted ability, not an automatic one.
Once you've marked the target, select the second barrage mode, and click on the purple marker.

Hmmm....it works now, but it seems that it only works if I click on the marker itself and not the actually marked structure. Kinda annoying, but it works so there's that.

Thank you for the response. Back to turtling!

+Quote Post
Shalom
post 23 Dec 2016, 13:03
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10034

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 23 Dec 2016, 13:29) *

I struggled a lot with making that ability work, the exact requirements need to be clearly explained in the tooltip - I tried using the Marksman's ability and the Howitzer secondary option countless times without any success. The quirk that one needs to put the crosshairs exactly over the purple marker needs to be explained in the game, I targeted the marked building and it flat out doesn't work.

I assume it's a flaw in SAGE, but this only makes the necessity of an expanded tooltip even more apparent.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 23 Dec 2016, 15:37
Post #5

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

The big ammo marker is an object, you have to attack it, not the structure. I generally click the big floating bullet cases. Sadly we haven't found another way to make this work (yet).

+Quote Post
Jet02
post 23 Dec 2016, 15:46
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 13185

The colour of the designating laser used for the arty strike is different from that of the default laser. I can't rememeber if it's red or green. Either way, if it's the default laser that shines(shines lol??) Instead of the other one, something's wrong.

+Quote Post
Shalom
post 23 Dec 2016, 23:35
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 10034

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 23 Dec 2016, 16:37) *
The big ammo marker is an object, you have to attack it, not the structure. I generally click the big floating bullet cases. Sadly we haven't found another way to make this work (yet).

I understand that SAGE has its limitations and little if anything can be done about it, but I would rather find out about those limits from the game itself rather than luckily stumbling upon forum posts. But beta is beta, I can understand that there is little point in refining tooltips until the final version is out.

This post has been edited by Shalom: 23 Dec 2016, 23:36

+Quote Post
atmospheric
post 30 Dec 2016, 7:11
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 13346

With or without limitations by SAGE. If a mother does not want to get pregnant, you can't force a baby out of her biggrin.gif

It is simple to figure out the long range artillery as how it works. I got it the second time once I played around the bullet marker which appears after the marksman marked the target. Also once marked, it takes a few seconds for the long range artillery to fire the shells on the target. This is one of the coolest things SWR have created in ROTR. Kudos to them smile.gif

This post has been edited by *atmospheric*: 30 Dec 2016, 7:13

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 7:42