Reply to this topicStart new topic
what does toxic truck do anyway?
Jam Hacker
post 19 Apr 2014, 19:04
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10272

what what was it intended to do? you upgrade the factory and it will have a 50% boost on income, and a toxic truck every like 2 minutes? i cannot set relay point though.
and i find nowhere to dump them, they are pretty explosive, kinda like the dragon lord. just get close enough and let them blow up. i mean, that doesn't sound like a disadvantage if you ask me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 20 Apr 2014, 17:23
Post #2

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

I did not play EC a lot, perhaps Anubis can provide a better answer, but iirc the toxin trucks we're just aded there for mostly lore and uniqueness reasons, they wanted a secondary eco system that noone had done before to make it "unique". The lore for it was something like; forcing the factory to work harder increases the amount of toxic waste created by the factory which is then stored in the trucks for "safe keeping", so the longer the factory survives the more trucks you get.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 20 Apr 2014, 22:33
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 20 Apr 2014, 18:23) *
I did not play EC a lot, perhaps Anubis can provide a better answer, but iirc the toxin trucks we're just aded there for mostly lore and uniqueness reasons, they wanted a secondary eco system that noone had done before to make it "unique". The lore for it was something like; forcing the factory to work harder increases the amount of toxic waste created by the factory which is then stored in the trucks for "safe keeping", so the longer the factory survives the more trucks you get.

and there is no way of disposing them? like dumping in the residue burner or something? because they seem pretty explosive rather than toxic at this moment, and i sent them to the front to get shot by enemy tanks so they'll explode.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 21 Apr 2014, 1:17
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

Lore wise Zeke pretty much explained the reason of the Toxic Truck. Gameplay wise it was suppose to offer a disadvantage and an advantage if microed well. The disadvantage is that for increased resource output from each factory you would gain a highly explosive truck once every couple of minutes that could serve as a deadly weapon if hit by enemies. However, you can use them yourself as a sort of demo truck, but that requires alot of micro since this one doesn't have a stealth ability. The main reason though is that it sounded a bit better on papper than it played in game, hence why this mechanic will no longer be part of DI ADF faction.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 21 Apr 2014, 1:18

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 21 Apr 2014, 6:26
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Anubis @ 21 Apr 2014, 2:17) *
Lore wise Zeke pretty much explained the reason of the Toxic Truck. Gameplay wise it was suppose to offer a disadvantage and an advantage if microed well. The disadvantage is that for increased resource output from each factory you would gain a highly explosive truck once every couple of minutes that could serve as a deadly weapon if hit by enemies. However, you can use them yourself as a sort of demo truck, but that requires alot of micro since this one doesn't have a stealth ability. The main reason though is that it sounded a bit better on papper than it played in game, hence why this mechanic will no longer be part of DI ADF faction.

that'll do, i like the idea, seems to me the major problem is the toxic waste cannot be disposed properly.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 March 2024 - 5:28