LAN disconnects, Could not find a better forum option for this
Imperium
post 5 Sep 2016, 16:58
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11062

Greetings.

I have a serious issue that is impeding my ability to play this or any other generals zero hour game/modification. When my friend and I load up zero hour (we lan via tunngle) we often have trouble even loading a game together. Whenever we do manage to load a comp stomp game (just us, no one else) the game disconnect menu comes up. Also, frequently one player will load the game first, far earlier than the other. How could this be?

We did not have this problem before, but I am using a computer that is new to generals, and my internet connection is no longer a wireless router but rather a direct wall connection. Also, we are now even further apart in geography; he is in america, I am in South Korea. But in other games we lan and play online just fine. My speed has actually improved substantially from back when I was in Canada, thanks to a better computer and glorious south Korean ISP speeds.

Tunngle is not likely at fault; we play many games on it to this day, including red alert 2, and it works like a charm there. We also see each other in the network lobby.

I am at a total loss friends. I have tried all that I know: turning off firewalls, running as admin, checking user security privledges, disabling read only files, launching with no mods, and even using gentool. Nothing has worked.

ROTR, as well as all zero hour, is completely inaccessible.

Its worth noting we are on fresh installs too; my friend especially so.

Tell us, comrades, what we must do to appease the gods and crush the GLA in virtual wars for another good few years. We did so enjoy doing it for a good two or so already, including on many great SWR modifications and platforms.

Speaking of SWR, we have not as of yet tried using its ROTR online services. Although, even if that worked, we would much rather be lanning. After all, doesnt comrade crimson have a thing against people comp stomping in the multiplayer venue tongue.gif

I look forward to all replies. I am at my wits end, as a veteran generals player and part time modder. I don't know what to do. Would reinstalling again even do us any good?

Send your thoughts, I beg you.

Quick edit: to any other tunngle users out there, yes, we both have green smiley faces.

If it matters I am using windows defender and windows firewall as my primary defense measures, and he is relegating all such duties to Kaspersky.

This post has been edited by Imperium: 5 Sep 2016, 16:59

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 9 Sep 2016, 15:26
Post #2

Group Icon

Please help. Bump.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 9 Sep 2016, 16:11
Post #3

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

Greetings fellow tunngle user!

Have you tried port forwarding? https://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/683...ort-forward-it/
If all else fails,get hamachi. It can host up to 5 people.
Also,compstomping is not allowed if youre the only player.Nothing is wrong with co-op compstomping.

Hail omnissiah!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 11 Sep 2016, 6:24
Post #4

Group Icon

Personally I am using a wall connection to my laptop. I literally do not have a router at all, hence, no ports to forward. My buddy (I think) has his ports forwarded though.

Look is there anywhere we can buy zero hour again legally? And for cheap? If its a 5$ fix we might consider it. Currently im using an old first decade install and he is using an old disk install. Maybe one of the disks is bad.

I'm just spitballing here. Its been weeks now. We dont want to use hamachi because we dropped it after it began to cost money years ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 11 Sep 2016, 7:05
Post #5

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

I'm pretty sure you can get it on origin, but that has its own list of issues.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
apfelkraft
post 11 Jan 2017, 21:02
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13287

bro you can get it here for €/$ 6.99 per seat. worked great for me....
you buy the code, install origin and then use the gift option in the menu ...
paste code and it starts downloading.
Hope this helps
Danny

https://www.mmoga.de/EA-Games/Command-Conqu...Collection.html

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 9:32