IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Playstyle question: Base Defenses priority?
gunbound
post 26 Mar 2018, 23:33
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 10473

I don't play Multiplayer a lot and I'm hoping to get a foot back in soon. I'm wondering what priority do you guys place of building base defenses in the early game and later? Is it even worth while?
Does it differ if you're playing single player versus multiplayer? I know it's important to balance between base defenses, secondary eco, and vehicle production.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 27 Mar 2018, 2:51
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Now in multiplayer everything is diferent (almost)

Whats important is to play ECA if you like being on the defence, use dozers like units and have alot.

Most important thing has to be is to have everywhere under howitzer/claymore coverage and dont wait in your base!

Your facction maybe a brick but expanding is the key to victory!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 27 Mar 2018, 7:34
Post #3

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Early defense is particularly important vs the US, as the US's T0 Units have nothing that can tank boolet. Humvees can kite your early forces for days, but a guard tower or two stops them from raiding your base.

--------------------

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 27 Mar 2018, 12:23
Post #4

Arena maker
Group Icon

Member No.: 10203

When you start a game, the general approach for non-ECA faction would be to build as few as possible and place them so that it's hard for units to get past or stay in range of your supply collectors. You only want to defend supplies with base defenses, placing them anywhere else is pointless unless you know what you are doing and take the risk of wasting the value of defense buildings.

An advanced approach is to try and block your opponents supply collection with defense turrets, but this is a high risk / reward move and is often anticipated by your opponent (scouts and sees your builder coming forward)

Attempting to secure an expansion right at the beginning by building defenses also falls into the risky category, you are basically making it clear that "I WANT DIS, COME AT ME BRAH" and the normal reaction of course is to go there and shut you down before you can get an advantage.

as GLA you may also want to use them as frontline position holding points, as your fragile units cannot take a lot of damage but defenses can, and its harder to get rid of them.

If you play ECA then what Bruce said...(just don't play ECA if you are new)

Later in game when you have a lot of income from sec-eco its a good idea to spam them around your base (especially AA) to protect said sec-eco.

A lot of newer players tend to build more defenses and in positions that make little sense, this is a common and fatal mistake as their cost early on is high for the value they add.

This post has been edited by XAttus: 27 Mar 2018, 12:31

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 29 Mar 2018, 4:11
Post #5

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

QUOTE (XAttus @ 27 Mar 2018, 7:23) *
When you start a game, the general approach for non-ECA faction would be to build as few as possible and place them so that it's hard for units to get past or stay in range of your supply collectors. You only want to defend supplies with base defenses, placing them anywhere else is pointless unless you know what you are doing and take the risk of wasting the value of defense buildings.

An advanced approach is to try and block your opponents supply collection with defense turrets, but this is a high risk / reward move and is often anticipated by your opponent (scouts and sees your builder coming forward)

Attempting to secure an expansion right at the beginning by building defenses also falls into the risky category, you are basically making it clear that "I WANT DIS, COME AT ME BRAH" and the normal reaction of course is to go there and shut you down before you can get an advantage.

as GLA you may also want to use them as frontline position holding points, as your fragile units cannot take a lot of damage but defenses can, and its harder to get rid of them.

If you play ECA then what Bruce said...(just don't play ECA if you are new)

Later in game when you have a lot of income from sec-eco its a good idea to spam them around your base (especially AA) to protect said sec-eco.

A lot of newer players tend to build more defenses and in positions that make little sense, this is a common and fatal mistake as their cost early on is high for the value they add.

+1 correct

+Quote Post
gunbound
post 31 Mar 2018, 20:20
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 10473

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 26 Mar 2018, 21:51) *
Now in multiplayer everything is diferent (almost)

Whats important is to play ECA if you like being on the defence, use dozers like units and have alot.

Most important thing has to be is to have everywhere under howitzer/claymore coverage and dont wait in your base!

Your facction maybe a brick but expanding is the key to victory!

Speaking of which, is it possible to script some of the mine laying units for the ECA to automatically lay mines in a general area or direction?
Right now, the mines seem like they're too micro-intensive to be worthwhile. If that's too OP, can you make it so that they automatically lay mines
within a radius of a field command or special designator?

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 31 Mar 2018, 20:47
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10884

they're meant to require effort and attention, the benefit is worth it

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 31 Mar 2018, 22:57
Post #8

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Right now, the mines seem like they're too micro-intensive to be worthwhile.
Trust me dude, mines are absolutely amazing and are borderline overpowered depending on matchup

If you want to use mines easily, just use the mine drop GP. It is super useful and does an amazing amount of damage vs everything, especially when its rank 3.

This post has been edited by {Lads}RikerZZZ: 31 Mar 2018, 22:58

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 11:11