IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Player Powers, No insta-win buttons please!
R3ven
post 8 May 2010, 19:37
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 356
l33t

Well, I've been working on 3 player powers recently(1 per faction) and once I get them working as I want them, I'll take a few videos of them.

But I also want some more idea for new player powers. These will be unlocked in a similar fashion as Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath powers. But you will only get them from a few buildings. These are Airfields, Tech 2 structures, and Research Facilities. You will get 1 or two per building.

The three powers that I am currently working on are simple. The Allies have a bombing run, Soviets are getting a Vehicle Drop, and the Empire is getting an Offshore Bombardment power.

I'm doing them one at a time right now, but have a basis with which to start the code. The names should be pretty sufficient at describing what they do and are for.

But on to the main point, as I stated before, I'm in need of ideas. Throw whatever you have at me, I'm sure I could put anything to use with my map scripting ability(if only I could map as well as I script maps).

Any ideas are appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
IonCharge
post 13 May 2010, 20:42
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 340
Once you see the blue light you are already dead

Elite infantry division for Allies? At tech structure, deploys elite infantry units to location by copter or other means

--------------------

QUOTE (Shock @ 20 Jun 2009 @ 3:40)
You make it sound like SWR's hidden some nude patch in it..

QUOTE (huhnu @ 16 May 2010, 5:06) *
I've reported it.
And have tried 5 more times anyways.
I'm pro-trolling that mod.

Your base has been targeted for demolition

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 13 May 2010, 23:07
Post #3

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Field training centres? tongue.gif
When you send a unit inside it comes out with +1 rank of veterany? (Probably not-codable though)

--------------------

+Quote Post
IonCharge
post 13 May 2010, 23:13
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 340
Once you see the blue light you are already dead

I played a RA2 mod once which had a feature like training centres. You sent a unit in and in came out with elite veterancy. Uber OP

--------------------

QUOTE (Shock @ 20 Jun 2009 @ 3:40)
You make it sound like SWR's hidden some nude patch in it..

QUOTE (huhnu @ 16 May 2010, 5:06) *
I've reported it.
And have tried 5 more times anyways.
I'm pro-trolling that mod.

Your base has been targeted for demolition

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 14 May 2010, 1:36
Post #5

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Not if you put some kind of limit on it... like after 3 units it self destructs.
Or it deploys at a random location on the map and you and the enemy have to locate it

--------------------

+Quote Post
R3ven
post 14 May 2010, 1:54
Post #6

Group Icon

l33t

QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 13 May 2010, 17:36) *
Not if you put some kind of limit on it... like after 3 units it self destructs.
Or it deploys at a random location on the map and you and the enemy have to locate it

The entire idea of the training center is impossible, especially the self-destruct one XD.gif

Sorry about that though, it's an interesting idea. Although, I could code a special power that grants units in an area a veterancy level up smile.gif

Although, I think that would be better as a faction wide power gained at Tier 4 tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 31 May 2010, 3:58
Post #7

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Uh, perhaps a power to instantly control units in an area fpr allies. It costs no credits. However, it has a long recharge time. Heroes cannot be turned.
Another one would be system hack. It could call upon a random power. However, it costs money (How are you going to pay the hackers?) and it has a long rechargge time.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 31 May 2010, 4:01

+Quote Post
R3ven
post 31 May 2010, 4:54
Post #8

Group Icon

l33t

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 30 May 2010, 19:58) *
Uh, perhaps a power to instantly control units in an area fpr allies. It costs no credits. However, it has a long recharge time. Heroes cannot be turned.
Another one would be system hack. It could call upon a random power. However, it costs money (How are you going to pay the hackers?) and it has a long rechargge time.

I am strongly against mind control powers, and a random power would just get redundant(especially since powers are done in a few different ways, they aren't always click->target) and would be really hard to code.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 31 May 2010, 7:19
Post #9

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

So you are taking the bribe ability away from the spy? Another idea, perhaps a chrono wave. The unit called upon could be any ground vehicle. It could be a weak civilian car (Can hold 5 infantry), to a sneaky school bus (Idea from RA2, Can transport 100 infantry sneakly through defences) to a damaging acopalypse tank.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 31 May 2010, 7:22

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 April 2024 - 17:53