Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
Not a Suggestion(s) =), Questions about 1.5+
post 30 Dec 2010, 14:13
Post #1

Group:
Member No.:

Warn: (0%) -----

Hello, I'm new to the forum, so I haven't manage to read all the posts, but I did a lot... I just recently discovered SW and RotReds (I love RotR and can't wait other 2 factions wink.gif)
As you said that you don't need suggestions, I'll play smartass and turn them into questions tongue.gif so here they go?

1) why don't you "send" Commanche to Europe forces and add Apache to the USA? (well Apache shoud have been the most powerfull heli in the game, and he is the legend of warfare so, why not in the game?)

2) why commanche don't have stealth capabilities? at least when standing still, so he can avoid air attacks while idile? (as I know it is "stealth" heli)

3) Euro forces should have Grippen as a fighter/bomber plane, it is called Eurofighter so... a must have for a Europe(?) smile.gif

4) ZSU 23 - schilka, as AA tank for russians??? that's quite an epic AA tank for me smile.gif))

5) for USA heli, Harrier (make it only like helicopter, with heavy armour and good payload, it would have been nice to see harrier standing in mid air and guarding base)

6) Cobra heli - change colour from default to "original" cobra grey?

7) when my unit (like gatling tank) gets max lvl. it's visible ammo turns to RED??? I think it's in vanilla game too but that's like WTF red minigun ammo??? can you fix that into "normal" colour, as for me it looks so stupid!

I know this are suggestions but I think they are logical...

PS - love tesla tanks they're EPIC!!!

This post has been edited by Dalmatian: 30 Dec 2010, 14:27
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 30 Dec 2010, 14:50
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

1 - The Comanche, as well as the Apache, is an American product. Incidentally, the Comanche project was actually cancelled years ago, but it still made an appearance in the original Generals/ZH because it fits the near-future theme of the game. The Apache on the other hand has made appearances in countless other mods and is widely considered an uncreative addition (much like the American M1 tank) which is why it won't make an appearance in any SWR mod. We're going for uniqueness and style which is why we try to avoid such 'mainsteam' vehicles and base our hardware off other, more obscure stuff as well as our own concepts. Plus, the European military of our timeline is no longer dependant on any American exports, so there's no reason for them to use US products, let alone the Comanche helicopter which would be really confusing if it suddenly became a European unit.

2 - For the same reason Raptors don't get stealth either: It's a game, so realism is not an argument and because a stealth helicopter would be a potential gamebreaker

3 - We designed the European faction as a faction that does not rely on air units in the same way as Russia, China or the US.
That doesn't mean that they'll be entirely without planes, but their air units will work differently. Also, the Gripen and the Eurofighter are NOT the same plane in real life.

4 - The Tunguska works just fine for the moment.

5 - A plane that functions exactly like a helicopter wouldn't be a good addition to the US considering that their Comanches already fill that role. Plus, the Harrier is actually a British plane and it's quite unlikely that the US would still use those in the RotR universe.

6 - Again, realism does not necessarily apply here.

7 - All units have a red weapon effect upon reaching the highest veterancy level and Gatling Tanks are no exception. Real militaries use coloured tracers as well, so it's not as silly as you might think.

8 - Please use our dedicated Questions Thread in future.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 30 Dec 2010, 15:10
Post #3

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (MARS @ 30 Dec 2010, 13:50) *
3 - We designed the European faction as a faction that does not rely on air units in the same way as Russia, China or the US.
That doesn't mean that they'll be entirely without planes, but their air units will work differently. Also, the Gripen and the Eurofighter are NOT the same plane in real life.

I thought they will be without any buildable fixed-wing aircraft? Or are they Support powers?

+Quote Post
post 30 Dec 2010, 15:22
Post #4

Group:
Member No.:

Ok, when u wanna argue, I'll counter argue too wink.gif

1. So you don't go for "mainstream" why? , so let me give you example... you play some racing game that have licensed cars and other that don't so they generate some other car models (that usually are NOT better than "original" modes, coz on original models work pro artdesigners ect.), what game would you play - Grand turismo 5, not some unknown game, well I wanna ride Dodge Viper if you know what i mean... so if you wanna create your own helicopter, tank or stuff OK, but it's pointless for me when you have baddas design in Apache (or any other war machine allready in world)! I think half word would agree on this! if not I would play Red Alert 3 (silly bad looking, stupid sea dolfins units ect...)... that's the reason I still play Generals and not other RTSs, coz its pretty real (as old game can be) and have good units... I don't try to be offensive (i just like to argue things only for purpose of profitability (not monetary)... so I see no point in implementing Apache with Cobra, Commanche, Nighthawk and + more helis for USA... (I like when i have options wink.gif even they only look diferent and have almost same game purpose...) and as I said I LOVE tesla tank so I totaly go for creativity, but something like apache or like godlike HIND and BLACKSHARK which are in game must not be avoided... (my opinion)
PS - i didn't try to convince you to add apache, i know you wont biggrin.gif just said my argue there biggrin.gif

2. ??? I said to make it stealth only when standing still... when it moves (even a bit), fires, or when you come (let me say) 20 meters (in game) to Commanche it becomes visible! I tried to make them immune to air raids, nothing more smile.gif (i think Hind is way stronger than Commanchen, at least when I play...)

3. ok, that's good... btw silly me, eurofighter is way better/and looking plane smile.gif

4. smile.gif

5. this would have been purely visual... but maybe you could add ability that calls 1 , 3 , 5 harriers that hover over a point and attack everything in range for 10, 20, 30 seconds... something like a big plane that circles around and attacks everythin, but that big plane look so big and stupid in my opinion... i don't like when things are exaggerated too much...

6. jea, but cobra looks bit dull and boring, just like some toothpick with no life if you compare it to other helis sad.gif maybe remodeling would be nice, or swapping to apache ;D

7. ok, but red bullets are so stupid xD so i don't se point in your reply... i only spoke about cosmetics, that CAN and SHOULD be way better than it is... does red bullets (lines on screen) look better to you?! i don't feel any "stronger" or "baddaser" when i have 5,6 gatlingguns that fire red bullets, i feel stupid and confused :SSS why red?

8. ok

9. i forgot this one, Missles in game are soo BIG? why? i mean, 1 missle is like 3,4 human beings, wtf???

10. these are all little things that i think can be overdoned in a few days (except new modeling) but would give big boost to visual aspect of the game... and i think we're all here visual beings among the everything, some more some less...

11. don't know if you ever try to make a pool with questions about what people "want", or would like... or you just do things on your way? (again i remind, i don't try to be offensive, i only ask coz i really like what you do (some things more some things less) bit in global i like it!!!! <3

This post has been edited by Dalmatian: 30 Dec 2010, 15:32

+Quote Post
post 30 Dec 2010, 15:27
Post #5

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 30 Dec 2010, 15:10) *
I thought they will be without any buildable fixed-wing aircraft? Or are they Support powers?

that i wonder to... maybe something like in ACT OF WAR game??? planes have support role...

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 30 Dec 2010, 17:25
Post #6

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

1. Mainstream sucks, end of story. And bashing RA3 here won't bring you bonus points. Plus having units that are functionally pretty much the same but only look different is pointless. This is a game, not a war simulation.

2. The Comache is, in Generals, an attack chopper, not mainly a scout as it was supposed to be in RL.

3. The ECA has helicopters like the Tiger Mk2 and is based on bunkering and artillery. Lore being lore what with Russian airraids, ingame they just don't need airforce that much.

4. smile.gif

5. In case you mean the Spectre, in RL the C-130 Hercules can get used for the jet the fighter-esque Spectre does pretty damn well, and it's a cargo plane.

6. Again, No Apache. Mainstream sucks.

7. Red bullets on veterancy is a CnC tradition, because red symbolizes firepower. If that does not apply to you, I'm sorry for that. It won't change however because red tracer bullets are realistic enough. Example - you fire a machinegun, but don't see where it the bullets go along -> that's why you use tracer bullets to see the bullet path. smile.gif

8. smile.gif

9. CnC was never realistic in scale, and especially things that in RL are very small like anti-tank missiles need to be visisble ingame still. And in case you refer to SCUDs and the like, they are in fact bigger.

10. So far everything you mentioned would only make the game look more bland and less visually interesting.

11. SWR does not take suggestions, epsecially not from people who do not contribute to the mod. Hard stuff, but that's the way it works. No hard feelings smile.gif

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 30 Dec 2010, 17:39
Post #7

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Why was this thread even allowed to go on?

XD.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 16:52