IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How to Change the Russian Music
Guest_Blueshark_*
post 22 Jan 2011, 6:30
Post #1

Guests

I'm new here but I've been playing Rise of the Reds and Shockwave for a while now. I am wondering how I can change the music for Russia. In my opinion, I'm not a big fan of the music and I was going to put some of my own music in for myself.

If its a really complexe sequence, tell me anyway. And I'll do this myself if its possible. Really all I need is a program that can extract and make .big files. I have an extracter so I can listen to the music but I can't make a .big archive.

Once I have that, I will make the folder with all the new music I have. Then I'll replace the original Russian music by renaming the new Russian music so the computer can read the files but play the new music. After that, I'll zip the new music into a .big file and then I should be okay.

I'm not hacking. I'm only changing the music for myself.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 22 Jan 2011, 11:30
Post #2

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/fil...ig_Editor;38034

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Blueshark_*
post 22 Jan 2011, 19:49
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (Zeke @ 22 Jan 2011, 5:30) *

Yeah. This works. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Shock
post 16 Feb 2011, 14:54
Post #4

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (Blueshark @ 22 Jan 2011, 6:30) *
Once I have that, I will make the folder with all the new music I have. Then I'll replace the original Russian music by renaming the new Russian music so the computer can read the files but play the new music. After that, I'll zip the new music into a .big file and then I should be okay.

I'm not hacking. I'm only changing the music for myself.

That is not enough. The music playing time is scripted to a fixed value, so your new songs will uphold to that value of the old ones. Longer songs will get cut, shorter ones will be followed by a time of silence. You will need to modify the srcipt too if you want to change the music properly.

I believe Zero Hour Data\Scripts > skirmishscripts.scb contains the timings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Blueshark_*
post 19 Mar 2011, 21:45
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (Shock @ 16 Feb 2011, 9:54) *
That is not enough. The music playing time is scripted to a fixed value, so your new songs will uphold to that value of the old ones. Longer songs will get cut, shorter ones will be followed by a time of silence. You will need to modify the srcipt too if you want to change the music properly.

I believe Zero Hour Data\Scripts > skirmishscripts.scb contains the timings.

Okay. Well that didn't bother me but thanks anyway. Just, will that change the timings for every song, such as the American and Chinese music?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 17:41