Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sokol aircraft, Does he role important?
XAOC-RU-
post 13 May 2015, 6:15
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11210

Playing Russia faction since 1.85 released and from that moment not completely understand in which situations prefer to unlock russian airfield. I know that berkuts not bad for their cost but sokols seemed to be not unique like other units. Honestly I think is better to use hellions against enemy tanks that sokols. I know that they are stealth. But if your enemy has AA you be able not to go for a second of third attack on the same target because they cannot fire all missles they have at first attack. And when you go for second launch AA can easily take you down because sokol hp not high. Exept AA missles which get you hit when you in stealth far away go to your base.Hellions can easy fire 4 their missles and then fly away to rearm fast. Sokols must go to airfield. I know there maybe situaitions when sokol is much bettrr then helli but in fact that helli have goliath system makes him more usefull in fast attacks. And I don't want to spend 1GP for unit with small capabilities. Tesla techs, ICMBs (Black node) and repair feature looks much usefull.
So what is your suggestions?

This post has been edited by XAOC-RU-: 13 May 2015, 6:22
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HMS Warspite
post 13 May 2015, 6:40
Post #2

Queen Elizabeth-class Battleship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9874
Hello, Admire-ral!

I use Sokol as artillery hunters in my PvE games.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 13 May 2015, 6:58
Post #3

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Sokols are great. They can really dominate pvp games.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 13 May 2015, 7:42
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

They are awesome for base defending.I put them guarding critical spots and they never disappoint me.

+Quote Post
Damfoos
post 13 May 2015, 9:28
Post #5

"Ha! I could do this with my eyes closed!"
Group Icon

Member No.: 10686
Russian translator

I'd decreased the delay between burst to allow them fire 2 volleys without changing their flight direction. If you need to split the burst to fire only 2 rockets, you can press "stop" quickly. This way even if Sokol dies, it at least uses 66% of it's ammo already. My English sucks, so here is a schematic to explain my idea more clear:

--------------------

ROTR 1.86 RUS | ShockWave 1.2 RUS | Operation:Firestorm RUS
ROTR VK Fan Group => ROTR.VK <= Группа ROTR ВКонтакте

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 13 May 2015, 9:28
Post #6

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10093
Just a random modder trying to give a helping hand.

Sokols OHKO Claymores. With a single volley. That makes them even a valid choice when Claymores are behind ECA lines. OTOH, I personally can't find Goliath reliable but Sokol is among my top fav units due to being excessively good doing it's job.

Their building damage is so-so but you can't have everything and I can see them dominating air under a competent player.

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37
ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 17 Dec 2016, 20:47)
we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 13 May 2015, 9:32
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Graion Dilach @ 13 May 2015, 11:28) *
Sokols OHKO Claymores. With a single volley. That makes them even a valid choice when Claymores are behind ECA lines. OTOH, I personally can't find Goliath reliable but Sokol is among my top fav units due to being excessively good doing it's job.

Their building damage is so-so but you can't have everything and I can see them dominating air under a competent player.

What? Last I remember Claymore's health got buffed (Doubled from 300 to 600). Or that buff was removed?
p.s. checked, it's still there. you have very outdated data, Graion tongue.gif

Also, if their building damage is so so - what is a good building damage then?

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 13 May 2015, 9:42

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 13 May 2015, 9:35
Post #8

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (Damfoos @ 13 May 2015, 9:28) *
I'd decreased the delay between burst to allow them fire 2 volleys without changing their flight direction. If you need to split the burst to fire only 2 rockets, you can press "stop" quickly. This way even if Sokol dies, it at least uses 66% of it's ammo already. My English sucks, so here is a schematic to explain my idea more clear:

Please, devs, i dont care if its op. Please give this man a cookie and make this happen biggrin.gif

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 13 May 2015, 9:49
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Damfoos @ 13 May 2015, 11:28) *

If one can't make Sokols turn away right after they fired their first volley due to lack of micro or in-game order delay, one wouldn't be able to hit "Stop" in time either, it's one, but precisely timed click in both cases.

That is, not commenting if they need that buff, some people use them damn efficiently. Plus, as things go, further buffs to Russia may end up in further nerfs to Russia - and not necessarily in same place where buffs were applied to. I'd rather leave as is...

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 13 May 2015, 9:55

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 13 May 2015, 10:32
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 13 May 2015, 13:49) *
If one can't make Sokols turn away right after they fired their first volley due to lack of micro or in-game order delay, one wouldn't be able to hit "Stop" in time either, it's one, but precisely timed click in both cases.

That is, not commenting if they need that buff, some people use them damn efficiently. Plus, as things go, further buffs to Russia may end up in further nerfs to Russia - and not necessarily in same place where buffs were applied to. I'd rather leave as is...

Yes you absolutely right. I can't hit the stop button in the right moment because my delay is too big and I can't properly know when is time to go back. About artillery you right helli's can't easy get them. Well I see thanks for answers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14 June 2024 - 13:13