Reply to this topicStart new topic
Add ECA Units to USA
spookspook
post 6 Mar 2017, 1:33
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14366

Hi, I'm quite new to modding and I was wondering how I would be able to add the ECA dozer to the US base and allow it to build all the ECA buildings(including the ones locked behind ECA specific general powers)? If possible I would also like to add every eca unit along with their general powers to the usa. Thank you for taking the time to read this! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

--------------------
Nowhere to run to, baby, nowhere to hide
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chappi55
post 6 Mar 2017, 8:41
Post #2

Particle effects since 2004'
Group Icon

Member No.: 9029

You should start by extracting the files with a .big extractor. Then just find units, their commandsets and commandbuttons and add them to your mod. You can remove the science requirement for buildings in their code too.
If you want general super powers - you are probably going to run out of space if you want to buy them. You can add all of them to the ECA commandcenter but you won't be able to "buy" them from the generals powers menu due to engine limitations.

--------------------
Woo Particle effects!

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 6 Mar 2017, 10:09
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Chappi55 @ 5 Mar 2017, 23:41) *
You should start by extracting the files with a .big extractor. Then just find units, their commandsets and commandbuttons and add them to your mod. You can remove the science requirement for buildings in their code too.
If you want general super powers - you are probably going to run out of space if you want to buy them. You can add all of them to the ECA commandcenter but you won't be able to "buy" them from the generals powers menu due to engine limitations.

Thank you for the reply! I downloaded final big and I've managed to see the Rotr.ini folder with all the coding. How would I copy the eca dozer and where would I copy it too? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 6 Mar 2017, 10:17
Post #4

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (spookspook @ 6 Mar 2017, 17:09) *
Thank you for the reply! I downloaded final big and I've managed to see the Rotr.ini folder with all the coding. How would I copy the eca dozer and where would I copy it too? biggrin.gif

PlayerTemplate.ini. Add the ECA Excavator as a start unit for the US faction. You should be able to figure it out with some reading.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chappi55
post 6 Mar 2017, 11:35
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 6 Mar 2017, 10:17) *
PlayerTemplate.ini. Add the ECA Excavator as a start unit for the US faction. You should be able to figure it out with some reading.

Yes that, also you can have mutliple units for starting units in case you want to keep the US dozer too.

--------------------
Woo Particle effects!

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 6 Mar 2017, 22:39
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (Chappi55 @ 6 Mar 2017, 2:35) *
Yes that, also you can have mutliple units for starting units in case you want to keep the US dozer too.

Would it be the line that says StartingUnit1 in PlayerTemplate FactionAmerica? For starting unit0 I see Faction America, would that mean the American construction dozer?

--------------------

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 6 Mar 2017, 22:56
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (spookspook @ 6 Mar 2017, 13:39) *
Would it be the line that says StartingUnit1 in PlayerTemplate FactionAmerica? For starting unit0 I see Faction America, would that mean the American construction dozer?

My apologies I've been just viewing the .big screen, where would I extract all the ini files too? I've done the extract all option to the zero hour directory for origin but I don't know what to do next or what I should be looking for. Thank you for the help again and I apologize if I'm taking up your time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chappi55
post 7 Mar 2017, 0:59
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (spookspook @ 6 Mar 2017, 22:56) *
My apologies I've been just viewing the .big screen, where would I extract all the ini files too? I've done the extract all option to the zero hour directory for origin but I don't know what to do next or what I should be looking for. Thank you for the help again and I apologize if I'm taking up your time.

GameFolder/Data/INI/

Make sure you also keep the structure of the folders inside the INI folder (Some of the .inis are inside of an object folder for example).

Then search for the ECA dozer and add it as a starting unit for your faction. You should be able to build it, and through the unit you can build all ECA buildings.

The superpower sciences are harder - you have only limited space in your generals promotions menu so you can't add more sciences than available slots.

You can replace the USA sciences you don't care about with ECA powers you care about.

--------------------
Woo Particle effects!

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 7 Mar 2017, 5:43
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (Chappi55 @ 6 Mar 2017, 15:59) *
GameFolder/Data/INI/

Make sure you also keep the structure of the folders inside the INI folder (Some of the .inis are inside of an object folder for example).

Then search for the ECA dozer and add it as a starting unit for your faction. You should be able to build it, and through the unit you can build all ECA buildings.

The superpower sciences are harder - you have only limited space in your generals promotions menu so you can't add more sciences than available slots.

You can replace the USA sciences you don't care about with ECA powers you care about.

Thank you chappi and thank you Zeke! The dozer works perfectly! The only problem I've ran into is that the dozer can build regional command but it cannot build a field command to build more dozers. Is there a specific area I should look for in order to eliminate the "requirement ECA faction" and build dozers at both command centers?

This post has been edited by spookspook: 7 Mar 2017, 5:44

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chappi55
post 7 Mar 2017, 9:46
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (spookspook @ 7 Mar 2017, 5:43) *
Thank you chappi and thank you Zeke! The dozer works perfectly! The only problem I've ran into is that the dozer can build regional command but it cannot build a field command to build more dozers. Is there a specific area I should look for in order to eliminate the "requirement ECA faction" and build dozers at both command centers?

I haven't really played the mod you're talking about. But I'd find the building code and look for prerequisites and remove those that are blocking you from building it.

--------------------
Woo Particle effects!

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 8 Mar 2017, 8:09
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Chappi55 @ 7 Mar 2017, 0:46) *
I haven't really played the mod you're talking about. But I'd find the building code and look for prerequisites and remove those that are blocking you from building it.

I found it, I'm not sure what to do next though. Would I delete the whole "Prerequisites Object=FactionEurope End" or just set it to Prerequisites Object=NONE?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 8 Mar 2017, 8:15
Post #12

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (spookspook @ 8 Mar 2017, 15:09) *
I found it, I'm not sure what to do next though. Would I delete the whole "Prerequisites Object=FactionEurope End" or just set it to Prerequisites Object=NONE?

Just comment it out by placing a ";" in front of the line (ex. ;Prerequisites Object=FactionEurope), that will disable it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 8 Mar 2017, 8:44
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 7 Mar 2017, 23:15) *
Just comment it out by placing a ";" in front of the line (ex. ;Prerequisites Object=FactionEurope), that will disable it.

It seems that whenever I place the ";" before prerequisites rise of the reds encounters a "serious error" and won't let me play but it plays normally if I remove the ";". Would there be more coding I have to change? Or should I learn how to make units build able and add it to either the US or ECA warfactory? I apologize if I am taking up both you and chappi's time, I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 8 Mar 2017, 12:47
Post #14

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (spookspook @ 8 Mar 2017, 15:44) *
It seems that whenever I place the ";" before prerequisites rise of the reds encounters a "serious error" and won't let me play but it plays normally if I remove the ";". Would there be more coding I have to change? Or should I learn how to make units build able and add it to either the US or ECA warfactory? I apologize if I am taking up both you and chappi's time, I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me!

Sorry I meant put the ";" in front of "Object" not "Prerequisite", got confused because the entire module was types in as a straight line tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 8 Mar 2017, 20:24
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 8 Mar 2017, 3:47) *
Sorry I meant put the ";" in front of "Object" not "Prerequisite", got confused because the entire module was types in as a straight line tongue.gif

It works like a dream Zeke! Thank you! biggrin.gif I had a quick question about making objects buildable if that's all right? Id like to make general power exclusive units buildable such as the fennec, ECA commandos, green beret, delta, ATV Humvee, etc. so that I can minimize the amount of general powers to replace. How should I go about that? From a previous post you mentioned commandset and command button but I'm not sure how it works, especially command button looks like a big blob of coding.

This post has been edited by spookspook: 8 Mar 2017, 20:25

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chappi55
post 9 Mar 2017, 0:08
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (spookspook @ 8 Mar 2017, 20:24) *
It works like a dream Zeke! Thank you! biggrin.gif I had a quick question about making objects buildable if that's all right? Id like to make general power exclusive units buildable such as the fennec, ECA commandos, green beret, delta, ATV Humvee, etc. so that I can minimize the amount of general powers to replace. How should I go about that? From a previous post you mentioned commandset and command button but I'm not sure how it works, especially command button looks like a big blob of coding.

Units that require generals powers (actually sciences) are done exactly like those buildings - by removing their prerequisites.
As for the commandbutton stuff. You can imagine that each unit/building/ability button you click is essentially a commandbutton - a button that has an associated command with it.
Commandset is a set of commandbuttons. For example - each dozer has a commandset that consists of commandbuttons. Each of those commandbuttons allows the dozer to build a specific building.

Another example - say you'd like to build the GLA's scorpion via USA war factory. To make it buildable (besides editting the prerequisites if thats needed) you need to add a proper commandbutton to your war factory commandset.
The easiest way is to check the GLA arms dealer commandset for a scorpion commandbutton and just copy it over to your war factory commandset.
Note - each commandset entry must have an unique number and max number of commands per commandset is 14 (You can get A LITTLE BIT more - see widescreen mod for example).

So getting back to your original idea if you're still building ECA units out of it's original factory you will just need to remove the required sciences from each unit prerequisites and this should allow you to build them without the need to spend generals points.
For example - this is the vanilla zh pathfinder
CODE
  Prerequisites
    Object = AmericaBarracks
    Science = SCIENCE_Pathfinder
  End

Your units have the same way of restricting the building process - just remove the science line.
However if you wish to build an unit from a different war factory - you need to copy it's commandbutton construct line to your factory.
The easiest way to do this is to copy it directly from it's original war factory commandset.
Search the commandsetfile for the unit name you wish to build and just copy it over to your code. Remember the number restrictions and you should be good. (Example below)

CODE
CommandSet GLAArmsDealerCommandSet
  1  = Command_ConstructGLATankScorpion
  2  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleTechnical
  3  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleRadarVan
  4  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleQuadCannon
  5  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleToxinTruck
  6  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleRocketBuggy
  7  = Command_ConstructGLATankMarauder
  8  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleBombTruck
  9  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleScudLauncher
  10 = Command_UpgradeGLAScorpionRocket
  11 = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleCombatBike
  12 = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleBattleBus
  13 = Command_SetRallyPoint
  14 = Command_Sell
End

We want to build scorpions out of US war factory so we copy the line number 1.
CODE
CommandSet AmericaWarFactoryCommandSet
  1  = Command_ConstructAmericaTankCrusader
  2  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleTomahawk
  3  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleHumvee
  4  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleMedic
  5  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehiclePaladin
  6  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleSentryDrone
  7  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleAvenger
  8  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleMicrowave
  9  = Command_UpgradeAmericaSentryDroneGun
  10  = Command_ConstructGLATankScorpion
  11 = Command_UpgradeAmericaTOWMissile
  14 = Command_Sell
End

And we've added it on slot number 10.
In theory this is done now. But in practice scorpion probably has an arms dealer prerequisite so while copying units between factions you need to look at that. But in your case you shouldn't have such problem.

--------------------
Woo Particle effects!

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 9 Mar 2017, 0:24
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Chappi55 @ 8 Mar 2017, 15:08) *
Units that require generals powers (actually sciences) are done exactly like those buildings - by removing their prerequisites.
As for the commandbutton stuff. You can imagine that each unit/building/ability button you click is essentially a commandbutton - a button that has an associated command with it.
Commandset is a set of commandbuttons. For example - each dozer has a commandset that consists of commandbuttons. Each of those commandbuttons allows the dozer to build a specific building.

Another example - say you'd like to build the GLA's scorpion via USA war factory. To make it buildable (besides editting the prerequisites if thats needed) you need to add a proper commandbutton to your war factory commandset.
The easiest way is to check the GLA arms dealer commandset for a scorpion commandbutton and just copy it over to your war factory commandset.
Note - each commandset entry must have an unique number and max number of commands per commandset is 14 (You can get A LITTLE BIT more - see widescreen mod for example).

So getting back to your original idea if you're still building ECA units out of it's original factory you will just need to remove the required sciences from each unit prerequisites and this should allow you to build them without the need to spend generals points.
For example - this is the vanilla zh pathfinder
CODE
  Prerequisites
    Object = AmericaBarracks
    Science = SCIENCE_Pathfinder
  End

Your units have the same way of restricting the building process - just remove the science line.
However if you wish to build an unit from a different war factory - you need to copy it's commandbutton construct line to your factory.
The easiest way to do this is to copy it directly from it's original war factory commandset.
Search the commandsetfile for the unit name you wish to build and just copy it over to your code. Remember the number restrictions and you should be good. (Example below)

CODE
CommandSet GLAArmsDealerCommandSet
  1  = Command_ConstructGLATankScorpion
  2  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleTechnical
  3  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleRadarVan
  4  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleQuadCannon
  5  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleToxinTruck
  6  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleRocketBuggy
  7  = Command_ConstructGLATankMarauder
  8  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleBombTruck
  9  = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleScudLauncher
  10 = Command_UpgradeGLAScorpionRocket
  11 = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleCombatBike
  12 = Command_ConstructGLAVehicleBattleBus
  14 = Command_Sell
End

We want to build scorpions out of US war factory so we copy the line number 1.
CODE
CommandSet AmericaWarFactoryCommandSet
  1  = Command_ConstructAmericaTankCrusader
  2  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleTomahawk
  3  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleHumvee
  4  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleMedic
  5  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehiclePaladin
  6  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleSentryDrone
  7  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleAvenger
  8  = Command_ConstructAmericaVehicleMicrowave
  9  = Command_UpgradeAmericaSentryDroneGun
  10  = Command_ConstructGLATankScorpion
  11 = Command_UpgradeAmericaTOWMissile
  14 = Command_Sell
End

And we've added it on slot number 10.
In theory this is done now. But in practice scorpion probably has an arms dealer prerequisite so while copying units between factions you need to look at that. But in your case you shouldn't have such problem.

Awesome thank you chappi! Would this same logic apply to units that are only airdropped through general powers? They are not buildable in the current version of Rise of The Reds so I assume I would have to put in their own command button and such?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 9 Mar 2017, 2:35
Post #18

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Yeah, in most cases you will need a new command button. Just copy an existing command button, rename it, replace the object being build with whatever you want and replace the cameo with the one from the object (the one WITHOUT the _L). Then copy the new button's name into your commandset and done.

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 9 Mar 2017, 2:49
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 8 Mar 2017, 17:35) *
Yeah, in most cases you will need a new command button. Just copy an existing command button, rename it, replace the object being build with whatever you want and replace the cameo with the one from the object (the one WITHOUT the _L). Then copy the new button's name into your commandset and done.

Thank you! Does it matter where the new command button is placed? I'm seeing a lot of text on notepad for commandbutton. It's a tad overwhelming to say the least.

This post has been edited by spookspook: 9 Mar 2017, 2:54

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chappi55
post 9 Mar 2017, 10:07
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (spookspook @ 9 Mar 2017, 2:49) *
Thank you! Does it matter where the new command button is placed? I'm seeing a lot of text on notepad for commandbutton. It's a tad overwhelming to say the least.

You can add it wherever you want in the commandbutton file. It's a good idea to keep same faction buttons together so you can easily fix stuff when something doesn't work as intended.

--------------------
Woo Particle effects!

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 9 Mar 2017, 15:33
Post #21

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

That's an idea, though most people really just add new stuff at the bottom of the file. Ultimately it boils down to personal choice, since due to the amount of buttons, you will have to use the search function anyway.

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 9 Mar 2017, 23:02
Post #22

Group Icon

Thank you chappi and soraz! ive ran into a bit of an error though. It seems I can build both the ECA Commando Medic and Anti Tank but I cant build the demo for some reason. I'm also getting a missing control bar error for all three.
CODE
Command_ConstructEuropeInfantryCommando_AntiTank
Command = UNIT_BUILD
UnitSpecificSound = MoneyWithdraw
Object = EuropeInfantryCommando_AntiTank
TextLabel = CONTROLBAR:ConstructEuropeInfantryCommando_AntiTank
ButtonImage = SECommandoAntiTank
ButtonBorderType = BUILD ; Identifier for the User as to what kind of button this is
DescriptLabel = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipEUBuildCommando_AntiTank
End

CommandButton Command_ConstructEuropeInfantryCommando_Demo Command = UNIT_BUILD
Object = EuropeInfantryCommando_Demo
TextLabel = CONTROLBAR:ConstructEuropeInfantryCommando_Demo
ButtonImage = SECommandoDemo
ButtonBorderType = BUILD ; Identifier for the User as to what kind of button this is
DescriptLabel = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipEUBuildCommando_Demo
End

CommandButton Command_ConstructEuropeInfantryCommando_Medic
Command = UNIT_BUILD
Object = EuropeInfantryCommando_Medic
TextLabel = CONTROLBAR:ConstructEuropeInfantryCommando_Medic
ButtonImage = SECommandoMedic
DescriptLabel = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipEUBuildCommando_Medic
End

CommandButton

--------------------

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 10 Mar 2017, 2:45
Post #23

Group Icon

More specifically, the button image for commando_demo shows up and I can click on it but it won't build or show up in the building menu. The at and medic commando work fine though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 10 Mar 2017, 2:51
Post #24

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (spookspook @ 10 Mar 2017, 6:02) *
Thank you chappi and soraz! ive ran into a bit of an error though. It seems I can build both the ECA Commando Medic and Anti Tank but I cant build the demo for some reason. I'm also getting a missing control bar error for all three.
CODE

CommandButton Command_ConstructEuropeInfantryCommando_Demo Command = UNIT_BUILD
Object = EuropeInfantryCommando_Demo
TextLabel = CONTROLBAR:ConstructEuropeInfantryCommando_Demo
ButtonImage = SECommandoDemo
DescriptLabel = CONTROLBAR:ToolTipEUBuildCommando_Demo
End

Is this how the button codes show up in your end as well, with the "Command = UNIT_BUILD" on the same line as the button name? If so, fixing it might solve your problem. If not check if you types the object name correctly, and check the demo prerequisites, and disable anything that would stop the unit from being built.

As for the missing controlbars, you have to make an entry for them in generals.str

--------------------

+Quote Post
spookspook
post 10 Mar 2017, 6:13
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 9 Mar 2017, 17:51) *
Is this how the button codes show up in your end as well, with the "Command = UNIT_BUILD" on the same line as the button name? If so, fixing it might solve your problem. If not check if you types the object name correctly, and check the demo prerequisites, and disable anything that would stop the unit from being built.

As for the missing controlbars, you have to make an entry for them in generals.str

Thank you zeke! You were right it was the line issue. Where would one find generals.str?

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 March 2024 - 6:11