IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Strategies vs Hard Air Force General (single player skirmish)
Shockwavelover84
post 9 Feb 2012, 0:02
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8901

I need some better strategies against the Air Force General AI, IMO this is probably one of the toughest AIs in Shockwave. Attacking his base with tanks or artillery is pretty much out of the question because his planes will annihilate any of my ground units before I even get near his base. My only other option therefore is to construct lots and lots of AA and just turtle, and use Generals' powers to blow up his airfields. Often he'll destroy my AA defenses as fast as I can rebuild them. The only way I ever win is by just turtling, cranking out tons of AA vehicles (rather than defenses). and withstanding his aerial bombardment until the funds run out and his attacks finally diminish. However I'd like some alternate strategies that involve tactics other than pure turtling and spamming AA defences/vehicles.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 9 Feb 2012, 3:41
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 222

You could try some early supply raid. I found out that if you could limit AI supply collection to only one, you will have more chance against them. I think the script give bonus for AI resource collection (2-3 times more for each supply comparing to human). However, please note that this tactic won't work against some generals (Ironside, Leang, Deathstrike) as they seem to have unlimited amount of money even without supply depot.

Holding the line seems to be the only option for human vs those cheating AIs (well, I know it's intentional to make them cheat). Even with supply raid, you still have to hold the line no matter who you face. It's only easier if you do that. In large map, you'll probably get steamrolled because AI can pretty much expand anywhere with you unable to regulate their supplyline.

--------------------
CASOJIN

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 12:54