Pandut
post 22 Jul 2012, 21:27
Post #1

Moves like Jaeger.
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 687
Stimulus response.

Alright, this has occurred recently. For the past several weeks, My PC has been acting incredibly slow. Almost impossible to navigate. Firefox was nearly shot and windows explorer along with task manager crashed on several frequent occasions. I figured that perhaps it was a past driver I installed that dummied up some of the system files, so I saved my most important data onto a flash drive and prepared for a complete system wipe and fresh install of Windows 7.

Only problem was, my MB Bios was not recognizing the Disk drive. I opened up my PC and unplugged the disk drive, waited a few moments, then plugged it back in. On start up, the bios then recognized the disk drive in the Boot priorities. Upon booting, I was greeted by a "Cannot boot from Disk - Code 5" error, then soon after that, I got the Boot/BCD 0xc000009e error.

I can no longer sign into my account, I cannot even get into Safe mode. The error presents me with two options; Continue or Exit. Both reset my PC and I'm brought back to the error. I even switched boot priorities so that it loaded my harddrive first. The error persisted DX. Now, I googled everywhere for a solution and most brought up were "Start windows 7 in safe mode and use system repair". But as said, I cannot access Safe mode.

I'm personally leading towards either the Motherboard SATA Controllers dummed out, or it's the HDD itself. I tried to plug in my old MB to see if it would at least start up, but the different BIOS versions were quick to butt heads. Suffice to say, that did not work either. So now, I am completely stumped. I even removed my MB's battery, letting the BIOS settings revert back to factory defaults. That did not work either.

I know there's a lotta folks here that are a lot more tech-savvy then I will ever be. And I'd prefer help from people I'm familiar with rather then going onto some random forum and told the solution is something I cannot do.

System Specs:

Biostar A880G+ SB700 Motherboard
4 gigs of DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate
AMD Athlon II X3 Processor
Nvidia GeForce GT 430 Video Card

I know I'll probably have to replace something in my PC, but I'm just clinging to hope for the time being mainly because I have no money in which to buy replacements DX. Also, typing this up on a 10-year old backup PC is.... very difficult.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pandut
post 27 Jul 2012, 6:11
Post #2

Moves like Jaeger.
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 687
Stimulus response.

Here's something for you guys; It wasn't the MB or HDD. I don't feel like getting into techno-babble so I'll leave it as this; A root-kit file somehow got corrupted and my brother managed to force a boot using a USB flash drive. Re-installed windows 7 and everything seems to be a ship-safe. For now. Taking it a little easy for a few days, refraining from heavy downloading and installing, etc.

I have a nagging doubt that the error will reel it's head again but I'm gonna stay positive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 6:43