The Questions Thread, Talk to the Developers Round 2
Jester
post 10 Jan 2012, 19:52
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

What Italian units will we get to use? I always wondered what the Airbus A400 would drop into battle will italian folgore parachute regiments make an appearence? Also what is the Vulcan bombers payload?

This post has been edited by Jester: 10 Jan 2012, 19:56
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 10 Jan 2012, 20:26
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

The nationalities of some ECA units aren't entirely set in stone yet. They're usually determined by whatever accent the person doing the voice overs can do best. As for the Vulcan: Bombs. Lots and lots of bombs.

+Quote Post
Mcbob
post 11 Jan 2012, 0:58
Post #28

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 52

How complex is the deploy code for the Mobile Command Center and if it is very complex, how will that affect the efficiency of its use in game? Will you be using droves of objects, OCLs, and DeathWeapons similar to how it is done with the MCVs of Tiberian Dawn Redux?

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 11 Jan 2012, 2:02
Post #29

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

Andre can answer that to the letter but since we were speaking of this literally an hour ago its really simple. : o So it won't or shouldn't affect anything really.

In regards of the ECA soundtrack; (jammin to it as I build coo shit) very militaristic with cues of sound to set mood and emotion, couldnt have said it better than MARS himself =)

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Mcbob
post 11 Jan 2012, 2:50
Post #30

Group Icon

Will there be an eye-candy deploy animation?

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 11 Jan 2012, 7:19
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

How will the Bio general of the GLA be different from Dr. Thrax? And also, the BM-21, will you be able to set the salvo fire tep, from a few to a lot of rockets?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 11 Jan 2012, 7:26
Post #32

Group Icon

He will actually be the spiritual successor to Thrax, so there are going to be a few similarities, although not wholesale copies of ShW-units. Generally speaking, Bio Command will put some
extra emphasis on damage over time and area effects. Like Thrax, he's going to be a supreme infantry killer but unlike Thrax, he won't be severely handicapped against vehicles and structures.

+Quote Post
Jester
post 11 Jan 2012, 8:50
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

How come comr4de is working on the ECA by himself wasn't aaronash and few other people working on them aswell?

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 11 Jan 2012, 13:06
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

QUOTE (MARS @ 11 Jan 2012, 12:26) *
He will actually be the spiritual successor to Thrax, so there are going to be a few similarities, although not wholesale copies of ShW-units. Generally speaking, Bio Command will put some
extra emphasis on damage over time and area effects. Like Thrax, he's going to be a supreme infantry killer but unlike Thrax, he won't be severely handicapped against vehicles and structures.

Form what I remember, his general overview card said he would also use thermite weapons. Is that idea still on or did it get scrapped later?

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 11 Jan 2012, 21:21
Post #35

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

All GLA sub-factions will get new M.C.C.(Mobile Command Center) or olny for normal GLA?

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 11 Jan 2012, 21:59
Post #36

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

^
All of them will wink.gif

QUOTE (Mcbob @ 11 Jan 2012, 1:58) *
How complex is the deploy code for the Mobile Command Center and if it is very complex, how will that affect the efficiency of its use in game? Will you be using droves of objects, OCLs, and DeathWeapons similar to how it is done with the MCVs of Tiberian Dawn Redux?

It's very simply actualy doesn't use many OCL's.
you'll be able to have a look at the code once it's released

QUOTE (Mcbob @ 11 Jan 2012, 3:50) *
Will there be an eye-candy deploy animation?

Yes.

QUOTE (Jester @ 11 Jan 2012, 9:50) *
How come comr4de is working on the ECA by himself wasn't aaronash and few other people working on them aswell?
It was his idea to redo them to begin with.
Additionaly Comr4de also did all of the Russian structures (with exception of the defensive structures) a few years back wink.gif

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 11 Jan 2012, 14:06) *
Form what I remember, his general overview card said he would also use thermite weapons. Is that idea still on or did it get scrapped later?
That's correct.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mcbob
post 12 Jan 2012, 5:53
Post #37

Group Icon

Will heroes have subfaction-specific designs? Like in shockwave Burton alternated between an OCIW and a vulcan gun among different Generals. Will we see something like that AND changes in the unit design itself? I'd love to see General Thorn's Burton run around with a green or black beret.

+Quote Post
Shasokais
post 12 Jan 2012, 5:56
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 8932

QUOTE (MARS @ 11 Jan 2012, 1:26) *

Also, we have to consider that by the time ROTR is ocurring (after ZH), Thrax IS DEAD (killed in the last US mission on ZH). Perhaps even Alexander may be also killed after GLA's 3rd mission.

This post has been edited by Shasokais: 12 Jan 2012, 5:59

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 12 Jan 2012, 10:56
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

QUOTE (MARS @ 11 Jan 2012, 13:26) *
...but unlike Thrax, he won't be severely handicapped against vehicles and structures.

Corrosive chemical?

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 12 Jan 2012, 11:00
Post #40

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

^Alexander killed after GLA's third mission? You mean in the original RotR? That one didn't have the ECA, so the storyline of the two RotR probably wouldn't be the same IMO.
QUOTE (Mcbob @ 12 Jan 2012, 10:53) *
Will heroes have subfaction-specific designs? Like in shockwave Burton alternated between an OCIW and a vulcan gun among different Generals. Will we see something like that AND changes in the unit design itself? I'd love to see General Thorn's Burton run around with a green or black beret.

I am pretty sure they won't go for general specific hero variations like they did in SW. But who knows, maybe Thorn can become an exception.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 12 Jan 2012, 13:11
Post #41

Group Icon

No sub-faction specific heroes or superweapons will be in this mod. Remember, we're not taking this to such a far extreme as we did with Shockwave. As for the follow-up questions regarding the Bio Command faction:
Yes, thermite weaponry is still part of their theme. We're also going to change some of the properties of Anthrax Beta, which will be a unique upgrade that won't be available to any other GLA faction.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 12 Jan 2012, 15:33
Post #42

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

QUOTE (MARS @ 12 Jan 2012, 18:11) *
No sub-faction specific heroes or superweapons will be in this mod. Remember, we're not taking this to such a far extreme as we did with Shockwave. As for the follow-up questions regarding the Bio Command faction:
Yes, thermite weaponry is still part of their theme. We're also going to change some of the properties of Anthrax Beta, which will be a unique upgrade that won't be available to any other GLA faction.

So Anthrax Gama won't be in the mod? That reminds me - will the US predator drones return in the later versions? I remember once seeing a Helix model, so I assume (and desperately hope) they are safe and will appear in the mod?

Maybe it would help if there was a list of ZH specific units and upgrades that's confirmed not to appear in the mod, such as the China's neutron arsenal or Jerman Kell's ability. Maybe it could be in the FAQ.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 12 Jan 2012, 15:48
Post #43

Group Icon

I should clarify that we're not scrapping ZH content for the hell of it. We're generally trying to keep as many iconic ZH units in the game as possible and the Helix will be no exception. The current in-game factions are designed to be functional as main factions and the role of the Helix is currently filled by the Han Gunship, but once we get around to breaking the main factions into sub-factions, the Helix and the Han will no longer be part of the same tech-tree as they belong to different generals.

As for the Anthrax, our primary reason for getting rid of a two tier toxin upgrade was that even basic green Anthrax was already devastating against infantry, almost killing them instantly upon contact. The effectiveness of Anthrax Beta and Gamma against infantry was barely noticeable as it was and even fully upgraded Thrax players still found themselves at a disadvantage while fighting against vehicles. Thus, we decided to get rid of the second upgrade, change the remaining upgrade to be more useful and make it unique to the Bio Command faction. Incidentally, I can probably mention that upgraded Anthrax will not be blue or pink. It's going to look noticeably different, but not in a way that makes you regret purchasing the upgrade because it made all your toxin units look like shit all of a sudden.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 12 Jan 2012, 15:59
Post #44

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

As long as it isn't brown or pink I don't mind a different visual, as long as it looks unique.

Does the TOPOL-M have a build limit and if so, how many can one field at a time?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 12 Jan 2012, 16:10
Post #45

Group Icon

The Topol hasn't been implemented into our test versions yet but I don't think it's going to have a limit. It's a very uneconomical weapon since you've got to spend a general point, get the full tech tree, purchase the launcher and then purchase each missile individually. If someone really wants to go out of their way and build a second or third one, we'll probably let them as long as they can afford it and risk spending so much money on a fragile unit with such limited use.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 12 Jan 2012, 16:12
Post #46

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

QUOTE (MARS @ 12 Jan 2012, 20:48) *
I should clarify that we're not scrapping ZH content for the hell of it. We're generally trying to keep as many iconic ZH units in the game as possible and the Helix will be no exception. The current in-game factions are designed to be functional as main factions and the role of the Helix is currently filled by the Han Gunship, but once we get around to breaking the main factions into sub-factions, the Helix and the Han will no longer be part of the same tech-tree as they belong to different generals.

That's great to hear. Ofc it's not like I ever thought you were clipping off ZH content cause you found it fun. From what I can put up the scrapped content clashed with the new units and/or upgrades. I also remember hearing something like there is a max limit for units and upgrades that can be put in the game (is that wrong by any chance?). Anyways the scrapping obviously couldn't be avoided.
QUOTE (MARS @ 12 Jan 2012, 20:48) *
As for the Anthrax, our primary reason for getting rid of a two tier toxin upgrade was that even basic green Anthrax was already devastating against infantry, almost killing them instantly upon contact. The effectiveness of Anthrax Beta and Gamma against infantry was barely noticeable as it was and even fully upgraded Thrax players still found themselves at a disadvantage while fighting against vehicles. Thus, we decided to get rid of the second upgrade, change the remaining upgrade to be more useful and make it unique to the Bio Command faction. Incidentally, I can probably mention that upgraded Anthrax will not be blue or pink. It's going to look noticeably different, but not in a way that makes you regret purchasing the upgrade because it made all your toxin units look like shit all of a sudden.

That's a great decision IMO. One good unique upgrade with unique functions is always better than two upgrades that basically has the same function and improves the units to do what they already did best.

+Quote Post
Shasokais
post 13 Jan 2012, 1:44
Post #47

Group Icon

Member No.: 8932

I got a question.

Have you ever thought on adding the ARENA system to some of the russian vehicles, or something alike? I mean, US have their antimissile lasers (Avenger), China has the ECM tank... why not researching Arena system for the russian tanks? Of course in order to balance it...

Aside research, the arena upgrade should be purchased individually. That way, we may prevent the russians to become way too powerful, what do you think?

+Quote Post
Raven
post 13 Jan 2012, 4:00
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

Just saw the update on MODDB guys..its great to see an update after a long time biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 13 Jan 2012, 5:07
Post #49

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

QUOTE (Shasokais @ 13 Jan 2012, 6:44) *
I got a question.

Have you ever thought on adding the ARENA system to some of the russian vehicles, or something alike? I mean, US have their antimissile lasers (Avenger), China has the ECM tank... why not researching Arena system for the russian tanks? Of course in order to balance it...

Aside research, the arena upgrade should be purchased individually. That way, we may prevent the russians to become way too powerful, what do you think?

The Russian tanks already have the ERA upgrade to give them more resistance to missiles and even a slight resistance to tank shells.

+Quote Post
Massey
post 13 Jan 2012, 5:25
Post #50

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (MARS @ 10 Jan 2012, 15:36) *
it invoked associations of desperation and determination at the same time. It generates mental images of bitter fighting over every inch of ground, a stalemate at the frontline with both sides fighting mercilessly and without end simply because they have to.

Im so looking forward to this, As I play USA, China and Russia... the music just adds the little bit of atmosphere thats need to kick who ever im vsing at the time.

QUOTE (MARS @ 10 Jan 2012, 15:36) *
with a slight but noticeable touch of fascism even. Which isn't to say that the ECA are supposed to be a Nazi faction,

(2) This part not so much.

Question:
So Coma4de building maker, Aaronash unit maker, Hunter unit maker?

This post has been edited by Massey: 13 Jan 2012, 5:26

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 21:24