Reply to this topicStart new topic
ROTR's, Release
Massey
post 27 Apr 2012, 16:08
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 127

maybe the ECA made a eca wide MBT pre-war....

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 27 Apr 2012, 16:09
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Their MBT will be a new, fictionalised version of the Leopard. Not much of a stretch, considering how much of an export hit the RL Leopard 2 is. The one you can see in the render at ModDB is entirely obsolete and we're going to make a new one based on this concept using the proper ECA vehicle texture as well. It's going to be the same for all sub-faction except for Wolfgang whose Leopard's will benefit from a unique upgrade.

+Quote Post
Jester
post 27 Apr 2012, 16:11
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

No the ECA already uses the Leopard i was just curious if we would see anymore euro MBTs like the Leclerc and Challenger 2. I doubt they would have made a new MBT if they had such a large selection of MBTs like mentioned above just lying around.

EDIT: Thanks for the quick awnser MARS above comment was directed at Massey just so you know.

The new Leopard is going to look sweet if your basing it more of that concept. How will ECA MBTs fair up against that of other factions?

This post has been edited by Jester: 27 Apr 2012, 16:14

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 27 Apr 2012, 16:16
Post #29

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (Jester @ 27 Apr 2012, 16:11) *
No the ECA already uses the Leopard i was just curious if we would see anymore euro MBTs like the Leclerc and Challenger 2. I doubt they would have made a new MBT if they had such a large selection of MBTs like mentioned above just lying around.

EDIT: Thanks for the quick awnser MARS above comment was directed at Massey just so you know.

The new Leopard is going to look sweet if your basing it more of that concept. How will ECA MBTs fair up against that of other factions?

IIRC it'll be quite slow movement wise but outrange the others.

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 27 Apr 2012, 16:16

+Quote Post
MARS
post 27 Apr 2012, 16:17
Post #30

Group Icon

In-game, you won't be able to use any other European MBTs aside from the Leopard. In-lore, you can basically picture the ECA as a large, joint European task force that uses standardised equipment, including the Leopard as its main MBT whereas the various national militaries still exist and would probably retain much of their own equipment (Countries like the UK, France or Belgium obviously wouldn't give up their entire weapons industry), but are less deployable and less interconnected than the ECA. As for the Leopard's in-game stats, we will finalise those once we implement them, but as of now, we're planning on making ECA vehicles somewhat sluggish and slow to produce by comparison, but very durable and with superior range.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 27 Apr 2012, 16:50
Post #31

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Should be obvious considering the ECA have severe difficulties getting their vehicle spare parts on the battlefield.

Is the unique upgrade for the Leopard unique for the Leopard or not unique for the Leopard but actually unique to more than the Leopard but still unique to General Wolfgang?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 27 Apr 2012, 17:02
Post #32

Group Icon

The documents say that other armoured vehicles will also benefit from this Wolfgang-exclusive upgrade, but I merely refered to the Leopard because it was the immediate subject of the question.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 27 Apr 2012, 17:57
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

QUOTE (MARS @ 27 Apr 2012, 21:17) *
As for the Leopard's in-game stats, we will finalise those once we implement them, but as of now, we're planning on making ECA vehicles somewhat sluggish and slow to produce by comparison, but very durable and with superior range.

I know this is silly of me to comment on something that's still in the planning stages but I have to say - I really have a bad feeling about this little Russian overlap. Somewhat sluggish and slow to produce, very durable - both are part of Russian vehicle style in the mod. High durability also goes with the US.

Yeah I can see this complements lore as it should be obvious considering the ECA have severe difficulties getting their vehicle spare parts on the battlefield. But call me crazy, I am the type who gives gameplay diversity more importance over both realism and lore. Oh well, no point in commenting on stuff that's still in the drawing table.

Note to myself - why am I being so uncharacteristically blunt and honest lately?

This post has been edited by SpiralSpectre: 27 Apr 2012, 17:58

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 27 Apr 2012, 18:15
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

A question, what weapon system will the ECA AT infantry uses, because i remember the reason for the Jagdmammut being built was because of the growing ineffectiveness of AT missiles primarily used by the ECA. Also, why did you chose to use the FELIN infantry and give them a G11? Final question about the ECA, how far will the ECA howitzer fire-base fire from, and is the model on moddb the one still going to be used?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 27 Apr 2012, 18:27
Post #35

Group Icon

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 27 Apr 2012, 18:57) *
I know this is silly of me to comment on something that's still in the planning stages but I have to say - I really have a bad feeling about this little Russian overlap. Somewhat sluggish and slow to produce, very durable - both are part of Russian vehicle style in the mod. High durability also goes with the US.
Yeah I can see this complements lore as it should be obvious considering the ECA have severe difficulties getting their vehicle spare parts on the battlefield. But call me crazy, I am the type who gives gameplay diversity more importance over both realism and lore. Oh well, no point in commenting on stuff that's still in the drawing table.

Don't worry, they will still be sufficiently diverse gameplay-wise. The Russians have their Mass Production upgrade to make their production somewhat cheaper and thus more efficient whereas the European vehicles will not necessarily be crazy expensive, but their actual production times will be relatively slow. We will have another mechanic in place to make up for that problem though. In addition, ECA vehicles, including their Leopards, will actually benefit from a mechanic that allows you to put a single infantry unit into them in order to activate the machine gun on top of the turret and then there's also upgrades that further increase their effectiveness in various aspects whereas Russian vehicles offer relatively little room for improvements via upgrades later in the game.

QUOTE (Panzer4life @ 27 Apr 2012, 19:15) *
A question, what weapon system will the ECA AT infantry uses, because i remember the reason for the Jagdmammut being built was because of the growing ineffectiveness of AT missiles primarily used by the ECA. Also, why did you chose to use the FELIN infantry and give them a G11? Final question about the ECA, how far will the ECA howitzer fire-base fire from, and is the model on moddb the one still going to be used?

Their anti-tank infantry will actually use a variant of the German Panzerfaust which is an unguided RPG that, from what I remember, compensate via having a bit of splash damage and being impervious to stuff like ECM. It's also the kind of weapon that people can be trained with a lot quicker than an expensive, sophisticated ATGM system. As for the FELIN, that comment by Luis about the G11 may or may not be obsolete because we've had a bit of a discussion with The Hunter a few days ago. Don't count on it being in the mod until we officially reveal the FELIN. Lastly, the Howitzer cannot be compared to any other artillery in the game; its range is spectacular and it can hit targets from what -feels like- at least two screens away if memory serves me right.

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 27 Apr 2012, 18:54
Post #36

Group Icon

Awesome, though another question of the ECA that came up in my mind, since most of their factories got roflol stomped by backfires and blackjacks, couldn't that explain the slower production times of the ECA factories? Also, the GLA, what do the combat bikes do, i hardly ever use them.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 27 Apr 2012, 21:01
Post #37

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Panzer4life @ 27 Apr 2012, 19:54) *
Also, the GLA, what do the combat bikes do, i hardly ever use them.

Uh, you put a driver on the thing (i.e. an RPG Trooper or Jarmen) and have a fragile speeder that's fairly versatile and can cross difficult terrain such as hills.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 27 Apr 2012, 22:18
Post #38

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (Panzer4life @ 27 Apr 2012, 12:54) *
Awesome, though another question of the ECA that came up in my mind, since most of their factories got roflol stomped by backfires and blackjacks, couldn't that explain the slower production times of the ECA factories?

That's exactly why they build slower since they may have to wait longer for their materials/not have enough equipment to produce their vehicles.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 28 Apr 2012, 0:27
Post #39

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Now then, for their tank stats. Currently, each of the factions has a unique quality of the MBT. Here are the ones we know of so far:

China: Mass Production
USA: Speed and Survivability
Russia: Power and Armor
GLA: Versatility (Toxin shells + rocket makes this tank very versatile)
ECA: ???

What special trait will the ECA have?

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 28 Apr 2012, 0:52
Post #40

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 27 Apr 2012, 18:27) *
Now then, for their tank stats. Currently, each of the factions has a unique quality of the MBT. Here are the ones we know of so far:

China: Mass Production
USA: Speed and Survivability
Russia: Power and Armor
GLA: Versatility (Toxin shells + rocket makes this tank very versatile)
ECA: ???

What special trait will the ECA have?

China: Cheap and fast to build - extremely fast and high rate of fire. Low Armor.
USA: Resilience(laser defense, repair COMBAT drones, composite armor) and Adaptable
Russia: Firepower and Armor (Crude-straight-up armor and resistances)
GLA: Speed, Burst Damage, AoE Damage. (One of the best anti infantry blobs w/ rocket)
ECA: Average Armor, Range*, IFV (Machineguns manable via infantry) medium build time. Upgrades will affix to other stat changes but will generally differ from run-of-the-mill Armor changes. Expect Rate of Fire and other nice little goodies I don't want to say right now (this includes an ability) I8.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 28 Apr 2012, 2:27
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

QUOTE (MARS @ 27 Apr 2012, 7:46) *
1.7 will have no generals at all. We will implement them in version 2.0, after we've actually finished all the vanilla factions including the ECA.

Well . . . Shit mellow.gif
But I hope 2.0 will came soon after 1.7.

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 28 Apr 2012, 5:03
Post #42

Group Icon

I think after 1.7 it will be 1.9 to release the ECA, then 2.0 for the generals, and maybe the campaign at the same time.

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 28 Apr 2012, 6:17
Post #43

Mad General... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9008
Follower of the Grimdark.

Is it true that the ECA superweapon is a space-based laser and if not what is it then?

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

- The Neconomicon

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.
- Albert Einstein (attributed)

+Quote Post
MARS
post 28 Apr 2012, 6:21
Post #44

Group Icon

Space-based yes, but not a laser. Solaris is a network of civilian satellites that have been reconfigured to fire bursts of concentrated sunlight onto ground targets.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 28 Apr 2012, 6:30
Post #45

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

I love giant magnifying glass' IN SPACE

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 28 Apr 2012, 12:43
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! mmmm toasted Boris biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 28 Apr 2012, 14:40
Post #47

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 28 Apr 2012, 7:21) *
Space-based yes, but not a laser. Solaris is a network of civilian satellites that have been reconfigured to fire bursts of concentrated sunlight onto ground targets.

That is than same as the Particle Uplink Cannon,or I am wrong.
Can you guys tell me when you have decided what will be a ECA Superweapon ? Year.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 28 Apr 2012, 14:56
Post #48

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Yea it\'s like the Ion Cannon on crack.

That\'s basically it. Oh you may want to look at this old footage too:
http://youtu.be/xLT4TIc7XvM

Will look somewhat the same - with some tweaks/changes of course.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 28 Apr 2012, 15:05
Post #49

Group Icon

QUOTE (simeon5541 @ 28 Apr 2012, 15:40) *
That is than same as the Particle Uplink Cannon,or I am wrong.
Can you guys tell me when you have decided what will be a ECA Superweapon ? Year.

I don't remember PARTICLE Cannons being used to project SUNLIGHT onto ground-based power plants and automated farms for peaceful purposes. The Particle Cannon was entirely designed to be a precise, controllable weapon, using an entirely different principle. It also shoots a beam upwards from where it is further reflected onto a ground target. The Solaris on the other hand is not as focussed, not controllable and instead delivers a ton of damage in one instant. It also looks a hell of a lot more scary.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 28 Apr 2012, 15:07
Post #50

Group Icon

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 28 Apr 2012, 15:56) *
Yea it\'s like the Ion Cannon on crack.

That\'s basically it. Oh you may want to look at this old footage too:
http://youtu.be/xLT4TIc7XvM

Will look somewhat the same - with some tweaks/changes of course.

Do you guys think that tom Clancy's Endwar team stole your idea of European Superweapon ?
They have similar superweapon same on Euro side,
also their Enforcer Corps soldiers textures are similar to ECA ones from your mod,think about it.
I saw that clip,it is little bit too crude,it needs to be more detailed.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 19:25