Comr4de
post 7 Mar 2010, 14:05
Post #1

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

So, I just got access to my own personal Beta of it. Straight up awesome. I had my first online match and wrecked as the Terrans.

I'll be honest I'm still noobish with StarCraft since I never really got into it back in the day, only playing it every so often but man, I am definitely picking this oe up, no way I'm going to miss out on this. The art design is extremely awesome, shaders are on par shitfaceawesome, sound design is excellent, level design on assets and layout are varied in all sorts of greatness, it actually feels like an open world, voice overs are completely awesome with a mild dash of hilarity and together they make an extremely enjoyable and fun game, it's going to be top class and one of the best RTS' to come out in a long time. I could go on and on and praise it but yea, I'm completely impressed.

Anyone else on this? Or have a beta I8.gif? Would love to have a friendly match to mess around with the units still, some new additions and modifiers and all.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 7 Mar 2010, 14:39
Post #2

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Lucky you. I suppose I should have applied for the beta but it is too late.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 7 Mar 2010, 16:56
Post #3

BANNED
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

QUOTE (Overdose @ 7 Mar 2010, 11:39) *
Lucky you. I suppose I should have applied for the beta but it is too late.

You really should applied for the beta asap, i just applied less than two weeks ago and after this thread i just looked at the email

i am in it 8ani5.gif

gonna download it and try

--------------------

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 7 Mar 2010, 17:39
Post #4

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Currently downloading World of Warcraft. *Eyes Luis warily.*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 8 Mar 2010, 0:49
Post #5

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

I don't have beta yet, but I will buy this one in future. I always wonder what happen to Terran after the first game and Brood War.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 8 Mar 2010, 1:53
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96

Well I got the not-so-legit SCII Beta and it's pretty awesome as well.

No Online play yet, but there's already good enough non-cheating AI that can kick my butt within 10 min, so I'm cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Raven
post 8 Mar 2010, 21:20
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

Yep i also got the dirty beta for offline play and i'm impressed. I haven't clocked more than a few hours in original SC. But this is really cool. I like the terrans and protoss the most for my liking. Zergs seem to be much powerful, but i don't like there organic feel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 8 Mar 2010, 23:59
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 167

I've wasted 10 years of my life on the original sc as it is still the most balanced of all rts and I opted for beta back in oct. And still haven't gotton any emails but with a comp like mine they prob want ppl who can actually use the graphics as my graphics card limits me to low settings on all games. Ill prob have to wait till release.

+Quote Post
Shock
post 9 Mar 2010, 2:04
Post #9

Forum Green
Group Icon

Member No.: 17

Well your like on the opposite side of Anubis on FS, thats quite notable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alceister
post 9 Mar 2010, 5:52
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 347

Unless I'm Zerg, I always give the AI the smackdown.

Anyways, my computer is complete shit, and yet it can handle it, albeit with some minor, intermittent choking.

+Quote Post
Raven
post 10 Mar 2010, 5:35
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

I do not know why whether its just me but i find the build times a bid too slow to my liking. Perhaps its cos i'm used to playing all these fast paces RTSs of late. But my mates who took up gaming only few years ago hate it saying the game is too slow. But i don't have that kind of an issue, but a bit less build times would be good IMO.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cryptkeeper
post 10 Mar 2010, 7:10
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 104
Projects: ShockWave

i am not in T>T and i opted in ages ago I will get into it yet just ordered a 3 gig dual core for my computer rawr

This post has been edited by cryptkeeper: 12 Mar 2010, 0:27

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alias
post 10 Mar 2010, 8:54
Post #13

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

I am jealous Luis. Very, very jealous. ;_;

--------------------

+Quote Post
Balizk
post 17 Mar 2010, 3:40
Post #14

lolnzonator
Group Icon

Member No.: 139

I didn't recieved the beta sad.gif
BUT THE GAME IS AWESOME...

The game is just perfect in everything, from graphics to gameplay and its requirements (my friend can run it with a GeForce 5200 lol, but very lagging).
Best game of all the time!!! (yes I love Blizzard and Starcraft)

I played the "dirty" mode... and got bored with the AI and now I'm watching replays... And definetly going to buy the retail!

Congratulations for the BETA!!!

This post has been edited by Balizk: 17 Mar 2010, 3:41

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 1 Apr 2010, 19:15
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

Old topic but i can't help not posting. Tbh as an old ( almost addict ) starcraft player all i can say i'm highly dissapointed. As a game it looks cool. A solid gameplay, acceptable graphics ( although i'm getting tired of the recycled WC3 terrain textures ), a great storyline and most of the time good FX and sounds. BUT ... if this was the first SC it would be awsome. However it is the second. And i got bored of it within 3 days. Why ? Because i feel like i'm playing the same game i played 12 years ago. It took blizzard 12 years ( out of witch 7 of production ) to offer a game that is an almost identical copy if brood war. And i dont wanna hear that crap with ... hey it has some new units. Most of them are old units redesigned. Colossus - just a redesigned reaver with less micro. Mothership - a pathetic joke. It's an arbiter with more hp and limited to just 1 ( even the abilites are the exact same ones - and for those that think vortex is new it does the exact same thing stasis field did - renders all units inside invulnerable and unusable ). And the part with don't fix something that is not broken ... wrong. Nothing that is 12 years old in a industry that evolves by the day is not broken. In 7 years of production we could have seen alot more than just most of the same old units in 3d with some cool shaders on a recycled WC3 engine and textures.
From my stand .. shame on you Blizzard. A further proof, that today's game producers either go to far and to stupid with change ( cnc4 ) or simply don't change anything at all and just go for the ... let's just remake the visuals and leave all the rest as identical as possible.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 1 Apr 2010, 19:16

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 16 Apr 2010, 23:09
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 167

As u can prob see in my sig I got sc2 beta recently if any1 wants to play let me know smile.gif

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 9 May 2010, 1:48
Post #17

BANNED
Group Icon

Thread, to the top with you, i need you for something!

StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ Beta Test – Invite a Friend

Congratulations! This is an additional invitation to the beta test for Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™ for you to share with a friend!

I got two keys for starcraft 2 beta, anybody wants one? if so send me a PM

EDIT: keys send, enjoy the game

also my "gamertag" ingame is Alguien.algo

This post has been edited by Kirasama: 9 May 2010, 20:33

--------------------

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 9 May 2010, 2:39
Post #18

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Sent you a pm ohmy.gif

Edit: Thanks man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 11 May 2010, 18:10
Post #19

Forum Green
Group Icon

Playing the beta for a few days as Zerg and I have to say while the game is good and they're doing a good job I am so annoyed about the Terran ramp blocking. There is simply no good way to Scout a terran build order being Zerg with that wall up except saccing an Overlord and then it's still hoping that it sees something. The problem here in lies with Terran air builds which are fast and the lack of early anti-air by Zerg, which makes the race very unflexible in the beginning of the game. The only anti air you have before tier 2 is weak Queens.

Only when you get a lair to get an Overseer (a very expensive Overseer that is) with changelings and speed, it's doable again. However by then it is also too late to respond to a probably air or ground rush. Zerg also do not have an early game (T1.5) unit able to cross cliffs which A is fucking ridiculous and B. a great disadvantage in scouting. I want perhaps a zergling evolution that can climb cliffs for scouting.

It remains interesting how a chokepoint gameplay game can still be fast and flavoured, but Zerg faction design is lacking in a few places.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 11 May 2010, 22:10
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96

Unless the map is ungodly huge, you can generally get a drone to their base before all that stuff goes up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sharpnessism
post 11 May 2010, 23:17
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 21
Projects: ShockWave

10 drone scout will reach an enemy's base on a 2p map but might not on a 4p map. Better to sacrifice an Overlord to scout what's going on than play blind IMO. If the Terran doesn't scout you could bust his wall open before he can use w/e he teched to with banelings and rush in with speedlings.

The game seems to be doing well so far, the strats are very different from SC:BW, makes it interesting.

+Quote Post
Shock
post 12 May 2010, 0:12
Post #22

Forum Green
Group Icon

Saccing an overlord is the only option, as it's nice to get a drone in but mine mostly get killed before I can really deduce the build order, and the enemy must be really stupid not to notice it hanging around. If I don't get the upper hand with lings initially and he gets me blocked off real hard then its so annoying having to sac an overlord just to know what to tech up to. I have been killed so many times by Terran air builds just because Zerg anti-air is so lacking so you really need a complete counter build against that, which requires a better god damn scout.

I hope Blizzard does something about it though. I can win most of my Zerg mirrors in my league as there is nothing to stop scouting there, but Terran and Protoss I just most of the time lose it again. Scouting against those factions shouldn't be so friggin hard and unsatisfying in Tier 1.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 13 May 2010, 23:42
Post #23

BANNED
Group Icon

in all honestly for all those years of "balance" the game feels kinda bad in that regard, the zerg got the hard end of the stick in "cool new things" and i find that protoss can turtle a lot better than terran(spam proton cannons, since they do EVERYTHING and are not bad at all), Zerg having only two antiair options in tier 1 and they are both defensive, as they both need biomatter to be effective (queen is very slow outside it and the spore crawler need it to deploy), this doesnt help when one of the most cheap tactics the protoss has is rush a prism ray and is pretty much unstopable unless the zerg sees the stargate, so the zerg player is FORCED to tech as fast as he can

--------------------

+Quote Post
Revan
post 14 May 2010, 2:23
Post #24

Your local people consuming mutant
Group Icon

Member No.: 18
Projects: SWR Mapper & Tester

1 on 1 a queen actually wins against a warp ray, and when fighting a protoss you can have a queen without problems by then and you'll usually notice if he builds towards a stargate. I agree, however, that a fully fledged aerial rush, especially with terrans is nigh unstoppable for the Zerg. And yeah, I ahve to agree with shock, I hate that bloody bunker strategy above all else, because I just don't know how to deal with it. That is with either protoss or terran.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 14 May 2010, 12:58
Post #25

Forum Green
Group Icon

The bunker can be dealt with with Banelings. However a fully defensive Terran is still hard to break through doing that, and one or two banshees or deployed siege tanks and your baneling strategy gets a blow, adding another time constraint.

Furthermore going Banelings means no Roaches, and I love Roaches tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14 June 2024 - 4:47