IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, We can into space
Beyond Earth
Will you try Beyond Earth when it comes out?
Yes, it looks interasting. [ 9 ] ** [56.25%]
No, i don't like it. [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Maybe, maybe not. [ 5 ] ** [31.25%]
What affinity would you choose if you played Beyond Earth?
Harmony ( Humans addapt to the new planet ). [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Supermacy ( Humans aiming to become Cyber-Humans ). [ 4 ] ** [25.00%]
Purity ( Perfecting Humanity ). [ 5 ] ** [31.25%]
No idea. [ 4 ] ** [25.00%]
I'm not going to play Beyond Earth, so neither. [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
Total Votes: 16
Guests cannot vote 
The General
post 7 Jun 2014, 20:49
Post #1

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9974

Civilization: Beyond Earth.
Beyond Earth Q&A.

It seems that we won't have nations anymore, but somekind of post-human species. There will be three affinites:
Harmony - they adapt to the new planet(s).
Supermacy - Cyber-humans.
Purity - they adapt the new planet to them.

While we're waiting, i'd like to know which of these would you choose, based on the current info?
I think i will go for: “Get off my lawn.

Anyway, i think they shouldn't have skipped the post-cold war era, and work from there to the future.

This post has been edited by The General: 28 Oct 2014, 0:51

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 7 Jun 2014, 21:18
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9986

I think its a perfect idea and will be quite good if done correctly.

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 7 Jun 2014, 21:41
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

is still based on civ V. so for me is going to be crappy

+Quote Post
The General
post 7 Jun 2014, 21:45
Post #4

Group Icon

I offten stop playing civ after i discover gunpowder, somehow it's always more interasting to me with bows and arrows.
Anyway, i'll try to give this a try.

--------------------
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
The General
post 16 Sep 2014, 0:24
Post #5

Group Icon

Finally.

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 16 Sep 2014, 23:20
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9606

I cant wait, Civ 5 was my favorite civ to date, regardless of what all the Civ 4 fans say, and the fact that this game not only has a cool space theme with affinities, tech, aliens, and a lot of refinements to the Civ 5 stuff, but i really like the fact that its made in the Civ 5 engine.

Most people will say its too much like civ 5 and that its absolute horrible shit because they cant make doomstax, but im really happy about that because i love Civ 5 and its mechanics.

Oh and definitely Purity, i like being a human, and hover tanks and Lev Destroyers sound awesome, and cause f*ck Avatar, when i colonise i do it with a 16th century attitude, the PROPER way!!

Already Pre-ordered

--------------------

"You can't kill the Messiah..."

+Quote Post
The General
post 17 Sep 2014, 9:24
Post #7

Group Icon

Here's how you start the game.

First you choose a sponsor, which gives you certain benefits ( ARC, PAC, SF, FI etc. ).
Second, you choose the type of colonists ( scientists, aristocrats, refugees etc ), which also gives you some benefits.
Third, you choose the special feature ( reveal alien nests, reveal coasts etc. ).
Then you get to choose the cargo in your spaceship, which gives you some more benefits.

And then you choose the type of the world, aka map ( islands, one large landmass, severial large landmasses and random ).

It's true, there are so many options, so many combinations. I like it. 8Isov.gif

This post has been edited by The General: 17 Sep 2014, 9:25

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 17 Sep 2014, 9:44
Post #8

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Wasnt there already a thread about this?

And I love the ARC trait so far biggrin.gif

As for what I'll pick, It'll be contact...cause theres going to be atleast 1 expansion with aliens in it..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 18 Sep 2014, 3:20
Post #9

Group Icon

Sorry Bruce, i may be American, but im gonna have to go with the General on this one, Russian Space Marines just sounds too cool, oh and since Poland is conceivably part of the Slavic federation, then i guess:

POLAND CAN INTO SPACE

Also willing to bet money that a British/German/Northern Europe civ, a Middle East civ, and a Japanese civ (i checked they're not part of PAC) will be in future DLCs

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 18 Sep 2014, 8:29
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (Joe Kidd @ 18 Sep 2014, 4:20) *
Sorry Bruce, i may be American, but im gonna have to go with the General on this one, Russian Space Marines just sounds too cool, oh and since Poland is conceivably part of the Slavic federation, then i guess:

POLAND CAN INTO SPACE

Also willing to bet money that a British/German/Northern Europe civ, a Middle East civ, and a Japanese civ (i checked they're not part of PAC) will be in future DLCs

I don't think Midle East will be a faction, as even Slavic Federation is more possible than them uniting into anything. And without oil, they don't have anything to sell.
Japan is part of PAC accourding to the map, but it could be wrong.

Anyway, it's strange that Germany isn't in any faction.

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Sep 2014, 8:45
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

I've never been into Civ games before, but this one looks more and more interesting to me. I might actually get it myself.

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 18 Sep 2014, 11:05
Post #12

Group Icon

YES! more customization options, i love that.

No Mid east faction through sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 18 Sep 2014, 15:11
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (The General @ 18 Sep 2014, 9:29) *
I don't think Midle East will be a faction, as even Slavic Federation is more possible than them uniting into anything. And without oil, they don't have anything to sell.
Japan is part of PAC accourding to the map, but it could be wrong.

Anyway, it's strange that Germany isn't in any faction.

Japan and China in a union? Thats crazier than the middle east union, and from the map i saw Japan is not in PAC, as for middle east, well sub saharan africa is a bit odd too. But knowing Firaxis they will definitely have DLCs with mire civs, so im just speculating, Comrade

--------------------

+Quote Post
Die Hindenburg
post 18 Sep 2014, 15:35
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 10025

Bah i hate this new CIV/BE. It not only looks like a mod, but this game advocates these perverted ecofascist/transhumanist ideololgies like Harmony and Supremary... argggg.... furious.gif wacko.gif

Purity is ONLY welcome for me if it does really exclude completly altering humans and if it also excludes AI and robots.

The ONLY good ending is destroying the fuck of all these aliens, transhumanists, SPACE-Communists, space-imperialists, ecofacists, genetically altered humans and cyborgs! I would use only pure, unaltered human units and non-AI vehicles, but with the newest of weapons! 8chi.png awbot.gif ani8(1).gif gun8.gif

This post has been edited by Die Hindenburg: 18 Sep 2014, 15:39

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Sep 2014, 16:12
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Die Hindenburg @ 18 Sep 2014, 16:35) *
Bah i hate this new CIV/BE. It not only looks like a mod, but this game advocates these perverted ecofascist/transhumanist ideololgies like Harmony and Supremary... argggg.... furious.gif wacko.gif

The game doesn't 'advocate' any of these two 'changing humanity' options any more than it advocates the one 'keep humanity as it is' option - There is a difference between advocating in favour of something and simply depicting it as one 'theme' among multiple in a fictional setting. That would be like saying Generals 'advocates' maoism and fundamentalism by virtue of depicting China and the GLA as entities alongside the United States.

+Quote Post
Planardweller
post 18 Sep 2014, 16:54
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9425

QUOTE (MARS @ 18 Sep 2014, 18:12) *
The game doesn't 'advocate' any of these two 'changing humanity' options any more than it advocates the one 'keep humanity as it is' option - There is a difference between advocating in favour of something and simply depicting it as one 'theme' among multiple in a fictional setting. That would be like saying Generals 'advocates' maoism and fundamentalism by virtue of depicting China and the GLA as entities alongside the United States.

Eh, i hope they'll do something in add-ons that will allow mixing ideologies or even "gasp" develop in harmony all three and it will have it's own benefits.

+Quote Post
The General
post 18 Sep 2014, 18:03
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Die Hindenburg @ 18 Sep 2014, 16:35) *

Purity is ONLY welcome for me if it does really exclude completly altering humans and if it also excludes AI and robots.

The ONLY good ending is destroying the fuck of all these aliens, transhumanists, SPACE-Communists, space-imperialists, ecofacists, genetically altered humans and cyborgs! I would use only pure, unaltered human units and non-AI vehicles, but with the newest of weapons! 8chi.png awbot.gif ani8(1).gif gun8.gif

Hey, Beyond Earth has options for everyone:
Become Cyber-Humans and survive in the new environment.
Become Alien-Humans and alter yourself to addapt to the environment.
Simply stay Humans and alter the environment.

And about your comment on the 'SPACE-communists', well:

This post has been edited by The General: 18 Sep 2014, 18:08

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 18 Sep 2014, 20:53
Post #18

Group Icon

Japan and china united...yeah I call BS on that even if RA3 or March of war did it before it was cool....

As for arabs or a middle eastern nation making a return, They will definately make DLC or expansion packs wich will most likely add the leaders...So no worries, If all else fails well Civ has a really strong modding comunity!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 18 Sep 2014, 21:46
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

I doubt i will get it from release - i didn't like civ V ,and BE is similar to civ:colonization , a game develop on the base of other game while waiting for civ VI in this case. If they fix the AI and remove some crappy mechanics (they should really stop with the tall vs wide shit when civilization as always been a game for going wide but without expanding to fast) I honestly still think Civ IV is the best game that firaxis have released yet

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 19 Sep 2014, 8:10
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 18 Sep 2014, 21:53) *
Japan and china united...yeah I call BS on that even if RA3 or March of war did it before it was cool....

It is the future. Emphasis on the future part.

--------------------

+Quote Post
n5p29
post 19 Sep 2014, 14:08
Post #21

Enlima Studios
Group Icon

Member No.: 482

well, Indonesia and Australia also united become Polystralia. I don't really know what to say about this. XD.gif

cool, Universitas Sumatra Utara graduate. aw.gif

This post has been edited by n5p29: 19 Sep 2014, 14:13

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 20 Sep 2014, 23:01
Post #22

Group Icon

I really like how they are making new stuff, like Polysralia and stuff, instead of just the countries we know today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 20 Sep 2014, 23:54
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Thelord444 @ 21 Sep 2014, 0:01) *
I really like how they are making new stuff, like Polysralia and stuff, instead of just the countries we know today.

It's the fictional multipolar world, and an interasting one ( in the non-realistic kinda way ).
Altough most of the things that unofficialy happaned would be very unlikely in real world ( Like PAC with Japan and China and Slavic Federation ), the bonuses they will give are kinda realistic ( eg. SF has orbital unit bonus - Gagarin ref. ).

So they merged realism and fiction in what seems to me a bit weird mix, but we'll see how it turns out.

This post has been edited by The General: 20 Sep 2014, 23:57

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 22 Sep 2014, 15:59
Post #24

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (Planardweller @ 18 Sep 2014, 17:54) *
Eh, i hope they'll do something in add-ons that will allow mixing ideologies or even "gasp" develop in harmony all three and it will have it's own benefits.

how can you develop in harmony three conflicting ideologies?

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 22 Sep 2014, 18:05
Post #25

Group Icon

Cause this is Civ, the place where a civ has 1-10 levels of being agressive and being fully nuclear.....Gandhi had 255 somehow so they kept the bug across the franchise

Even in Civ 5 I can have america under order,spreading budism....Not that hard

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 15:04