inter racial dating
Frostyarmy
post 22 Sep 2009, 5:57
Post #1

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

What are your thoughts on it , i just wanted to know from international point of view , (seriously its bein bugging me all day sleep.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 22 Sep 2009, 6:13
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96
Projects: SWR Productions

I don't see the issue, I'm actually having a hard time comprehending what exactly that you're asking. Are you asking if there's a problem, in our opinion, in inter-racial dating? Well, short answer: no.

From a purely genetics point of view, it's always better to seek a mate with a great genetic difference when compared to you, that way positive dominant genes will appear in your offspring, whilst negative recessive genes will remain dormant or estimated all together.

In my native Chinese culture, a lot of people view those with 'mixed blood' to be smarter, healthier as well as luckier.

So I guess in my opinion inter racial dating would be the first step in something rather positive (though I don't think it's possible for me to have 'mono-racial dating', as I'm half Chinese, quarter Italian, Eighth French, Eighth German.)

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 22 Sep 2009, 6:18

--------------------

+Quote Post
RaiDK
post 22 Sep 2009, 6:56
Post #3

GAAAAAAAAAIKIIIIIIIIING!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 68

As long as both parties are well established in their language of choice, I see no problems.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alias
post 22 Sep 2009, 11:03
Post #4

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

It's perfectly normal.

In fact it is quite common over here due to how multicultural Sydney (and Melbourne) are as a whole have a huge variety of different nationalities and races.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wb21
post 22 Sep 2009, 14:11
Post #5

Товарищ
Group Icon

Member No.: 175
ex-D' WRTHBRNGR

QUOTE (Alias @ 22 Sep 2009, 15:03) *
It's perfectly normal.

In fact it is quite common over here due to how multicultural Sydney (and Melbourne) are as a whole have a huge variety of different nationalities and races.

That's right, as long as there is a good relationship, you can have bi-racial relationships without any problems (whether it's Black to White, European to Asian, American to Hispanic, South Asian to Southeast Asian, etc.).

--------------------

"Not in mood...go away..."
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."

Bringing wrath to a forum near you since 2009!

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 22 Sep 2009, 15:18
Post #6

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Although I respect the choices of others, it unnerves me slightly how the black gene is stronger than the white gene - which could potentially mean the eventual extinction of the white humans.

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 22 Sep 2009, 15:36
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 167

QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 22 Sep 2009, 5:18) *
Although I respect the choices of others, it unnerves me slightly how the black gene is stronger than the white gene - which could potentially mean the eventual extinction of the white humans.

you mean if aliens dont get us first tongue.gif or possibly a horrible experiment gone wrong awbot.gif cool_worm.gif
anyways inter racial dating isnt bad just depends on who you like and the most important part is personality looks arent evrything

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 22 Sep 2009, 15:58
Post #8

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I see no problem in this either.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 22 Sep 2009, 15:59
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Biologically, as well as from the moral standpoint, there's obviously nothing wrong with it. Cultural/ideological backgrounds on the other hand may be a decisive factor. If I were the kind of person who dates people, I sure as fuck wouldn't consider dating a person who openly denies the equality of men and women or advocates a theocratic tyranny for example. However, not being physically attracted to members of a certain 'race' should not be a reason to be labelled a racist. Just because I don't like the looks of certain people doesn't mean they're lesser beings to me.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 22 Sep 2009, 16:06
Post #10

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

QUOTE (Rayburn @ 22 Sep 2009, 12:59) *
However, not being physically attracted to members of a certain 'race' should not be a reason to be labelled a racist. Just because I don't like the looks of certain people doesn't mean they're lesser beings to me.

I get accused of racism because I am not attracted to black/Indian people.
So I agree with your point here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nidmeister
post 22 Sep 2009, 16:53
Post #11

Lurker
Group Icon

Member No.: 30
Projects: ROTR Dev Team
Har Har Har.

Why the hell not?
I have a 2nd cousin who has been married to 3 black men in the past, has had 5 mixed race children because of it, and her eldest moved to Thailand to study food and the preperation of, where he met his current wife, who now have two children.

None of us have a problem with any of it, they're all family, they're all people. I apply the same view about everyone else in similar relationships or heritage outside of my family.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 22 Sep 2009, 19:37
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 22 Sep 2009, 7:18) *

My friend, the two largest populations in the world are Indian and Chinese; I think it should've been pretty obviously that there'll be no more white people in a couple millennia. Though I'm sure we could basically pick our own skin color by then.

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 22 Sep 2009, 19:40

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 22 Sep 2009, 19:42
Post #13

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (NergiZed @ 22 Sep 2009, 17:37) *
My friend, the two largest populations in the world are Indian and Chinese; I think it should've been pretty obviously that there'll be no more white people in a couple millennia. Though I'm sure we could basically pick our own skin color by then.

Scientists say that white skin and blonde hair will be extinct in less than 200 years.

+Quote Post
Thorazine
post 22 Sep 2009, 20:28
Post #14

Numb
Group Icon

Member No.: 45
Nuts.

I hate the term "Race" and how it is used in this context. Really bugs me. I thought we were all of the human race. I blame the xenophobes.

--------------------

This is my signature. If you like it, good. If you don't, I don't care.
"The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy" -Jim Rohn
Final Fantasy VII - Voices of the Lifestream

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 22 Sep 2009, 21:10
Post #15

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Women are like ice cream for me. If you stick to a certain color or flavor you are just denying yourself of a good time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nidmeister
post 22 Sep 2009, 21:21
Post #16

Lurker
Group Icon

Member No.: 30
Projects: ROTR Dev Team
Har Har Har.

If globalization continues as it is, then I'm sure that almost forced racial integration (Racial tension is incredibly high in some areas of the earth, thus the term "forced", as people are forced to live in the same neighborhoods and such) will take place and in a thousand years or so I assume the human race will be of one big mixed heritage.
As it is, no person on the planet has pure heritage of their nation.
Somewhere down their ancestory line there will be a mixing of different heritages and races.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 22 Sep 2009, 21:41
Post #17

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Nidmeister @ 22 Sep 2009, 19:21) *
If globalization continues as it is, then I'm sure that almost forced racial integration (Racial tension is incredibly high in some areas of the earth, thus the term "forced", as people are forced to live in the same neighborhoods and such) will take place and in a thousand years or so I assume the human race will be of one big mixed heritage.
As it is, no person on the planet has pure heritage of their nation.
Somewhere down their ancestory line there will be a mixing of different heritages and races.

QFT, 'nuff said.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 22 Sep 2009, 23:06
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

There's also a theory which claims that mankind went through a so-called 'genetic bottleneck' several thousand years ago. According to this theory, homo sapiens must have been decimated to roughly 10000 individuals because the eruption of a powerful super volcano caused a nasty climate change. A perplexing thought, isn't it? Every human being on this planet is likely a descendant of these 10000 and the only thing that kept our species from getting nipped in the bud was probably luck.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 22 Sep 2009, 23:23
Post #19

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Rayburn @ 22 Sep 2009, 21:06) *
There's also a theory which claims that mankind went through a so-called 'genetic bottleneck' several thousand years ago. According to this theory, homo sapiens must have been decimated to roughly 10000 individuals because the eruption of a powerful super volcano caused a nasty climate change. A perplexing thought, isn't it? Every human being on this planet is likely a descendant of these 10000 and the only thing that kept our species from getting nipped in the bud was probably luck.

Warning:
...and a lot of good old procreation.

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 22 Sep 2009, 23:41
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (Overdose @ 22 Sep 2009, 13:10) *
Women are like ice cream for me. If you stick to a certain color or flavor you are just denying yourself of a good time.

laugh.gif

Aptly put!

--------------------

+Quote Post
General Specific
post 23 Sep 2009, 3:51
Post #21

The Oxymoron General
Group Icon

Member No.: 214

I am a firm believer in the skittles slogan. So I make sure that I "taste the rainbow". However, my manwhore days are over and the women I am settling down with is Japanese. With any luck, we'll have a bunch of slam dunking rocket scientist. Of course if this were to backfire, we'd end up with a bunch of short, bad driving, chicken craving, purple drank drinking mediocre members of society that may or may not know karate. That would suck... a lot.

**GS**

--------------------
Commands
(1977-1992) S.H.I.E.L.D. Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division
(1992-2006) S.T.R.I.K.E. Special Tactical Response for International Key Emergencies
(2006-Present) Executive Commander of Team America and S.H.U.S.H.

I have a policy about honesty and ass-kickings:
If you ask for it, I have to let you have it.
FEEL THE OP!!!

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 23 Sep 2009, 9:55
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE (General Specific @ 22 Sep 2009, 19:51) *
I am a firm believer in the skittles slogan. So I make sure that I "taste the rainbow". However, my manwhore days are over and the women I am settling down with is Japanese. With any luck, we'll have a bunch of slam dunking rocket scientist. Of course if this were to backfire, we'd end up with a bunch of short, bad driving, chicken craving, purple drank drinking mediocre members of society that may or may not know karate. That would suck... a lot.

**GS**

Hehe, you and your stereotypes!

I sure hope no one takes that seriously, that would suck... a lot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
General Specific
post 23 Sep 2009, 10:17
Post #23

The Oxymoron General
Group Icon

Member No.: 214

QUOTE (NergiZed @ 22 Sep 2009, 22:55) *
Hehe, you and your stereotypes!

I sure hope no one takes that seriously, that would suck... a lot.

Yeah, me too. You know what they say though. There is a percentage of truth to every stereotype. Odly enough, I hate purple and red drank and watermelon makes me sick. I do however love me some chicken.

**GS**

This post has been edited by General Specific: 23 Sep 2009, 21:31

--------------------
Commands
(1977-1992) S.H.I.E.L.D. Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division
(1992-2006) S.T.R.I.K.E. Special Tactical Response for International Key Emergencies
(2006-Present) Executive Commander of Team America and S.H.U.S.H.

I have a policy about honesty and ass-kickings:
If you ask for it, I have to let you have it.
FEEL THE OP!!!

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 23 Sep 2009, 13:34
Post #24

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

Stereotypes are plain boring, get some tropes into this description XD.gif

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 23 Sep 2009, 23:11
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (General Specific @ 23 Sep 2009, 2:17) *
Yeah, me too. You know what they say though. There is a percentage of truth to every stereotype. Odly enough, I hate purple and red drank and watermelon makes me sick. I do however love me some chicken.

**GS**

Oh no, I completely agree; stereotypes exist because they were probably statistically true at some point in time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 April 2024 - 12:11