wb21
post 22 Jun 2010, 13:20
Post #1

Товарищ
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 175
ex-D' WRTHBRNGR

S hee's hat happened, it all stated hen m laptp's semicln/cln ke stats t malfnctin hee it n lnge ks hen it n lnge ks hen I pess it and it gets ccasinall gets pessed dn itht tching it, hich is ALL ANNING, N h happened tda is that the sitatin became me se haen the mst f the kes AE N LNGE KING!! T make mattes se, as a eslt f the es, m mse pinte is stating t blink eaticall, and the pefmance f t cmp sddenl slows dn and becmes lagg, can't se is ppel!!!

Actually, it said (that was typed with the screwed keyboard),

So here's what happened, it all started when my laptop's semicolon/colon key starts to malfunction whee no longer works when I press it and it occasionally gets pressed down without touching it,WHICH IS REALlY ANNOYING!! To make matters worse,as a result of the errors, my mouse pointer is starting to blink erratically, and the perfomance suddenly slows down and becomes laggy, can't use it properly!!!! sad.gif

In a nutshell and to clear that, what happened is that many of the keys have stopped working and with that, lag occurs that I have to press Alt to clear it and temporarily restore the keys.

I don't know what really happened, but anyone can help what's wrong with the keys, is it from a dusty keys, (I've tried cleanng the keys before when the semicolon issues occured, but nothing happened), or a virus/worm, or a failing driver?

I need a good reply ASAP!!! ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by D' WRTHBRNGR: 22 Jun 2010, 14:05

--------------------

"Not in mood...go away..."
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."

Bringing wrath to a forum near you since 2009!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alias
post 22 Jun 2010, 13:26
Post #2

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

hat in the hell

--------------------

+Quote Post
wb21
post 23 Jun 2010, 2:51
Post #3

Товарищ
Group Icon

ex-D' WRTHBRNGR

Here's what I've found, and to further cleat it up:

1. Many of the keys in the first (the tilde and the F-keys) and second rows (the QWERTY, backspace and enter keys) start to malfunction...

2. Sometimes, I see a sudden surge of CPU usage, the perfomance becomes really laggy and the cursor starts to blink, I have to press shift, alt or ctrl to clear.

3. At startup, the setup screen takes much longer to appear than expected.

4. When the Welcome screen appears I hear 1-3 beeps.

I think I gotta need an external keyboard...sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alias
post 23 Jun 2010, 6:48
Post #4

Cool Guy
Group Icon

button aren't orking?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 23 Jun 2010, 14:30
Post #5

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Does anyone agree with me this sounds like a heavy hardware failure of the whole Pc? I would say that overheating might be a factor. Carefully open your pc and check if it's dusted, ask your parents to help you with that. Also get an external drive and start saving data, just to be prepared. A friend of mine had similar syntomps and a week or so later his machine's spirit was on the way up, leaving only a trainwreck behind. And believe me, loosing data is one of the worst things that can happen.

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 24 Jun 2010, 0:58
Post #6

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Son it is time for you to grab a shotgun and put that machine out of its misery.

Also a word of advice:

Be a man and buy a desktop. Laptops aren't for serious gamers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
R3ven
post 24 Jun 2010, 5:11
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 356
l33t

QUOTE (Overdose @ 23 Jun 2010, 16:58) *
Laptops aren't for serious gamers.

Quote for great truth.

+Quote Post
wb21
post 24 Jun 2010, 7:30
Post #8

Товарищ
Group Icon

ex-D' WRTHBRNGR

QUOTE (Overdose @ 24 Jun 2010, 4:58) *
Also a word of advice:

Be a man and buy a desktop. Laptops aren't for serious gamers.

↑↑This. And not just for gaming, but also for my other stuff like graphic design (Photoshop, etc.), app/program development tools that I use in my schoolworks.

Seriously however, I've wished a decent machine each time Christmas/my birthday/other celebrations come, but unfortunately the cakes were extremely likely lies (first things first, you know). I think I have to continue using that increaingly crappy thing as an interim thingy until the time comes.

This post has been edited by D' WRTHBRNGR: 24 Jun 2010, 13:32

--------------------

+Quote Post
partyzanPaulZy
post 25 Jun 2010, 0:10
Post #9

"quarawr!"
Group Icon

Member No.: 149
busy with uni projects and exams

Well, as busy university student I think my multimedia laptop is better than hi-end desktop PC which would be unused most of time. Mobility is important factor for me and when I have month full of exams (I had to do every exam term in few subjects), the in-game resolution is your last concern. 2D graphics isn't CPU/GPU killer, 3D graphics can be, but I wasn't doing 3D much recently and no more than 3 hours shouldn't kill the laptop. Well, it will be 2 years in August since I bought it.

If you are doing 3D, video and playing games much, go for desktop, if you need mobility or you are surfing on the internet, go for laptop.

But back to the topic: I clean my keyboard with vacuum cleaner (light air flow), once I had to remove it and dry from a spilled water. So far it's working flawlessly, but your problem looks like it's some malware, something similar or something else.

--------------------

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in first case.
Elections: It doesn't matter who wins, you always lose!

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 25 Jun 2010, 0:16
Post #10

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Or you can get both unless you are poor.

Anyways now that there are stuff like Iphones, laptops are mostly useless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alias
post 25 Jun 2010, 0:35
Post #11

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Obviously you don't travel on the train for 3 hours a day.

--------------------

+Quote Post
partyzanPaulZy
post 27 Jun 2010, 13:44
Post #12

"quarawr!"
Group Icon

Member No.: 149
busy with uni projects and exams

iPhone, that expensive crap? bleh... rather that Nokia netbook and normal mobile...
iPhone, iPod, iPad, Mac or Macbook are expensive as HP equivalents, but usually worse in the matter of power (I saw some picture comparing iPad and tablet PC from HP decade ago, similar price, but one from HP was better in every way).

If I hadn't have to stay 60kms from my home during week I would buy desktop and netbook, but only under condition that desktop PSU input wasn't above 400W.
Average modern desktop have CPUs heating like nuclear reactor, kilowatt PSU and graphic card capable of replacing the central heating body...

If all goes well then my commencing salary can be even double than of my father's current wage, but still I can't imagine feading some 3kW monster which would be average desktop PC of that year.

Also 800€ which were spent on my laptop (1000€) came from hard work of my own hands. I couldn't depend on money from parents due to more important things to pay.

I am not exactly poor, but still I belong to the lower class as 75% of other citizens of my country like most of teachers, scientists, journalists, policemen, firefighters, soldiers, drivers, unqualified labour, etc. Those with ranks/degrees like major, colonel or doctor, those who know at least 90% of latest C++,C#, Java and PHP standards and similar people belong to middle class, class paid above average (900€).

This post has been edited by partyzanPaulZy: 27 Jun 2010, 14:30

--------------------

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in first case.
Elections: It doesn't matter who wins, you always lose!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 21:43