IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What happened to the Zero Hour Equipment?
MARS
post 1 Sep 2014, 8:29
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

It's my official take anyway: The GLA infiltrated the west coast to steal anthrax samples for their grand insurrection in Europe, after their main source of the weapon (= Thrax) had gone rogue and got terminated by the US. In the ROTR timeline, the target was an outposted facility of the Lawrence Livermore laboratory. As for the Peacemaker, it was quasi-established when I made up my concept for a fourth US General. When I write such things, I always write them in such a way that they might as well -be- canon to begin with^^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darky
post 1 Sep 2014, 9:21
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9643

QUOTE (MARS @ 1 Sep 2014, 8:57) *
Let me go over these as well, since some of them might not be necessary or have simple explanations that you could base your story on:

EMP Patriot Missile:
Could have been an ill-conceived joint project with the Chinese (EMP experts in this setting) during the time when America and China were teamed up against the GLA, but the project was terminated during the 'China scare' period after the war on the basis that it wouldn't be reasonable to develop, let alone share a weapon system with your projected future enemy.

Yes but it was very effective, USA managed to place EMP effects in such a compact body (China had no such unit in the ZH period, mind you) and it made patriots far more effective. That's a breakthrough. That China scare bit doesn't explain why they didn't cancel their nukes either. All in all I think it's best to tackle why the Protector replaced the Patriot and why it didn't have EMP missiles.

Hellfire Drone:
Could still be in limited use outside the official USA tech tree. Or it was further evaluated and turned out to be a bit shit, either way, you could work with this one.

King Raptor:
Reserved for homeland defence and operations in the American theatre due to massive price tag.

Combat Chinook:
Chinook fleet being retired due to the introduction of Ospreys and Starlifters.

Emperor Overlord:
Officially designated as the ZTZ-200G, therefore a modified model of the original Overlord. Its upgrades and improvements have become a default feature of all current generation Overlords which technically makes them the ZTZ-200A1.

Assault Crawler:
Modified version of the Troop Crawler, will make a return for General Chen. I imagine it's the favourite vehicle of the PLA Marine Corps.

Assault Helix:
Modified version of the standard Helix. Doesn't seem necessary to explain this one to be honest. The Helix itself will also return for General Chen.

Super Lotus/Super Hacker:
Requires no explanation. These are simply the most experienced Hackers and Black Lotus operatives which don't require their own distinction.

Attack Outpost/Fortified Bunker:
Same deal as with the Assault Helix.

Advanced Nuclear Reactor:
Again, the difference is too marginal, making an explanation for their 'disappearance' superfluous. I would imagine the current reactors -are- more advanced than their Gens/ZH counterparts in-lore by default.

Nuclear MiG:
MiGs are still nuclear capable, but they're no longer used in that role in-game, which does not mean that the plane somehow lost its ability to carry micro nukes in-lore.
Maybe they realized that using Tactical Nukes left and right against anything but the most notorious terrorist organization wouldn't help their newly acquired world police situation. Maybe they stopped producing the missiles in favor of the cheaper and more streamlined Nuke Cannon shell, with their self-declared Neutron non-proliferation policy also aiming to reduce their stock of their low-yield nuclear weapons for once again, political reasons, and the remaining warheads are equipped to Chinese carrier aircraft where they can be reasonably used against ships and not a single worker going home.

Minigunner:
The render description of the Minigun Team refers to these guys, you could use that as a starting point for your explanation or more detailed information on the weapon itself.

ECM Tank:
Old model which evolved into the current ECM Tank we have in game.

Toxin Rebel/Toxin Tunnel:
After the death of Dr. Thrax, the remnant GLA realised that it's kind of a dumb idea to put toxins on absolutely EVERYTHING and swapped their herbicide sprayers for proper assault rifles again.
It never made sense for rifles to be less effective than toxins so I'd say Toxin Rebels don't make much sense in the lore either, maybe super short range guerilla fighters with fast killing toxins, made useless when GLA stopped invading the urban areas in Europe and China and went to the Zone to establish itself as an international organization. That or the Thrax loyalists have formed a cult somewhere in The Zone, kiling civillians with the little bit of Anthrax Gamma they have left,and once the word gets out...

Anthrax Gamma:
Formula lost with the death of Dr. Thrax. Some specimen got recovered by the US for study.

Kell's IED:
Seeing how it's officially established that he lost his vehicle sniping ability (along with half a hand) due to a faulty fuse, I imagine Kell flat-out refuses to work with IEDs at this point.

Advanced Demo Trap:
Simply a bigger barrel with more explosives. Needs no explanation.

Drone Policies:
Too vague, no idea what that was supposed to be to begin with.

Scud Launcher:
Will be re-added in 2.0 for Ibrahiim. I imagine this is mainly by virtue of the fact that the missiles have become rare. Also, it's been established that the GLA actually uses ANY Scud-family missile they can get their hands on, including North Korean and Iranian derivatives.

Aurora Bombers:
Wait for official explanation.

Tomahawk Storm/US ICBM Silo:
They -can- exist in-story, but they're simply not a part of the US tech-tree in-game. The biggest nuclear-capable ICBM in the US arsenal is called the Peacemaker missile and it would only be used in the event of an all-out nuclear apocalypse as imagined during the Cold War.

This post has been edited by DarkyPwnz: 1 Sep 2014, 9:25

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 1 Sep 2014, 9:38
Post #28

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 10551
I... Will... KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL...

Dammit you all
You are making my head spin lol

But back to the topic: I think Darky has a point about the EMP Patriot, the Nukes and Toxin things.
I'm working on the EMP patriot right now

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 1 Sep 2014, 13:44
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

QUOTE (Admiral*Alex @ 31 Aug 2014, 23:46) *
I can't find it can you post a link here or pm so I can read it, please?

Here you go.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 1 Sep 2014, 14:11
Post #30

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

QUOTE (DerKrieger @ 1 Sep 2014, 9:44) *

I think the Aurora is now out of question for me to write

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 1 Sep 2014, 15:08
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

It was never stated that is the canonical take. You might as well write your take on it; MARS is gonna provide official explanation sometime.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 1 Sep 2014, 15:19
Post #32

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 1 Sep 2014, 11:08) *
It was never stated that is the canonical take. You might as well write your take on it; MARS is gonna provide official explanation sometime.

I will not risk marking my story (In the future) as non canon
NOPE.AVI

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 1 Sep 2014, 15:43
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Are you afraid of non-canocity? If you provide a good enough fic MARS might just use elements from your story, or even make it canon!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 1 Sep 2014, 15:43
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 9872
'Ex'-American Tanker figthing for the ECA

QUOTE (BlackRangerXIII @ 1 Sep 2014, 2:52) *
  1. going to, but instead of the ICBM (which conflicts with the Cruise Missile Silo)

I did some modding with my game and found that those two are two separate superweapons. The ICBM has a 4 minute count-down. and has the same damage as a Chinese Nuclear Missile, but the Cruise Missile Silo looks the same (it is the same building) ,but has a 2.5 minute count down and can destroy a barracks, power plant, almost destroy a war factory, and kill any non-heavy tank unit (like the Emperor) in the game, if memory serves me correctly.

I have an idea for the Tomahawk Storm; It was the superweapon of the US for long duration missions before the Particle Cannon was cleared for off-shore deployments or was still in testing. As the GWOT was started to become more wide-spread the GLA was able attacked and captured several Tomahawk Storms and once emptied of Tomahawks retrofitted with Scud Missiles.

--------------------
The Devil Brigade Commander/Commander of NATO Forces

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 1 Sep 2014, 16:53
Post #35

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

Or its more likely the Scud Storm was a GLA copy of the Tomahawk Storm concept, or maybe vice versa.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 1 Sep 2014, 16:57
Post #36

Group Icon

QUOTE (DerKrieger @ 1 Sep 2014, 11:53) *
Or its more likely the Scud Storm was a GLA copy of the Tomahawk Storm concept, or maybe vice versa.

That's what I was trying to get across. One lead to the other.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 1 Sep 2014, 17:54
Post #37

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

better as the Tomahawk Storm mechanisms were stolen by the GLA
But i'l take a look later

This post has been edited by BlackRangerXIII: 1 Sep 2014, 17:54

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 1 Sep 2014, 20:02
Post #38

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

Sorry for the double post but:

A Weapon created by two former allies and a hated drone
Check the stories of the EMP Patriot and the Useless Hellfire Drone

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 1 Sep 2014, 20:28
Post #39

Group Icon

QUOTE (BlackRangerXIII @ 1 Sep 2014, 15:02) *
Sorry for the double post but:

A Weapon created by two former allies and a hated drone
Check the stories of the EMP Patriot and the Useless Hellfire Drone

I liked the Hellfire Drone thought that the missile was underpowered. I liked the fact that EA thought of a drone that could defend a ground vehicle that doesn't have a weapon to defend its self or equipment it to a vehicle that can for added firepower ;though, it need several more points of damage to make it more powerful.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 1 Sep 2014, 23:32
Post #40

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

QUOTE (Admiral*Alex @ 1 Sep 2014, 16:28) *
I liked the Hellfire Drone thought that the missile was underpowered. I liked the fact that EA thought of a drone that could defend a ground vehicle that doesn't have a weapon to defend its self or equipment it to a vehicle that can for added firepower ;though, it need several more points of damage to make it more powerful.

I actually never used it as I've saw as a stupid technology.
There you go: the source of my hate

This post has been edited by BlackRangerXIII: 1 Sep 2014, 23:33

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 1 Sep 2014, 23:59
Post #41

Group Icon

QUOTE (BlackRangerXIII @ 1 Sep 2014, 18:32) *

Could you at least add some thing that shows that is was useless because it was underpowered.
That way it;s fair and it explains why it was useless.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 2 Sep 2014, 0:52
Post #42

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

QUOTE (Admiral*Alex @ 1 Sep 2014, 19:59) *
Could you at least add some thing that shows that is was useless because it was underpowered.
That way it;s fair and it explains why it was useless.

done

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral*Alex
post 2 Sep 2014, 1:12
Post #43

Group Icon

QUOTE (BlackRangerXIII @ 1 Sep 2014, 19:52) *
done

Much better, Thank you. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 2 Sep 2014, 1:32
Post #44

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

QUOTE (Admiral*Alex @ 1 Sep 2014, 21:12) *
Much better, Thank you. biggrin.gif

Not a problem
I'll be working on the M1A4L Laser Paladin, The Tomahawk Storm and the Emperor tomorrow

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 2 Sep 2014, 6:44
Post #45

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Just wanting to point out, the Nuke Cannon shouldn't be called ZTZ-2000. For starters, it's too similar and an illogical numerical jump from the ZTZ-200 Overlord series and more importantly, the ZTZ designation specifically refers to tanks. From what I understand, self-propelled artillery is designated as PLZ. Suppose you could make it the PLZ-280 in reference to its 280mm calibre. I also suggest an additional thematic angle on the EMP Patriot itself, mainly the reason why it's used by Alexander of all people. She was established as a USMC General and, considering the more lightweight/expeditionary nature of the USMC, perhaps they treated that weapon as a personal pet project because it gave them extra punch against leftover enemy vehicles and aircraft which they would be up against before the US Army in the event that Navy and Air Force haven't managed to destroy them all before. Sort of an 'anti-tech' weapon that would help the Marines punch far above their own weight in battles against mechanised enemies. It just seems more interesting an explanation than labelling every weapon as the personal pet project of General X.

+Quote Post
iluvrotr12
post 2 Sep 2014, 9:22
Post #46

Johnny Pinta
Group Icon

Member No.: 10260
Welcome to the party!

QUOTE (BlackRangerXIII @ 1 Sep 2014, 23:32) *

When i played as usa in Zh i used the hellfire some times but it is a piece of garbage. The battle drone is WAY better than the hellfire;it has a machine gun for infantry and repairs its parents vehicle.I say the battle drone is two times the worth of the hellfire drone.Am i right?

+Quote Post
Darky
post 2 Sep 2014, 9:27
Post #47

Group Icon

Member No.: 9643

All this Hellfire hate, you should see how they were when SWR did the sensible thing and made them untargetable in Shockwave.

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 2 Sep 2014, 9:49
Post #48

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 2 Sep 2014, 2:44) *
Just wanting to point out, the Nuke Cannon shouldn't be called ZTZ-2000. For starters, it's too similar and an illogical numerical jump from the ZTZ-200 Overlord series and more importantly, the ZTZ designation specifically refers to tanks. From what I understand, self-propelled artillery is designated as PLZ. Suppose you could make it the PLZ-280 in reference to its 280mm calibre. I also suggest an additional thematic angle on the EMP Patriot itself, mainly the reason why it's used by Alexander of all people. She was established as a USMC General and, considering the more lightweight/expeditionary nature of the USMC, perhaps they treated that weapon as a personal pet project because it gave them extra punch against leftover enemy vehicles and aircraft which they would be up against before the US Army in the event that Navy and Air Force haven't managed to destroy them all before. Sort of an 'anti-tech' weapon that would help the Marines punch far above their own weight in battles against mechanised enemies. It just seems more interesting an explanation than labelling every weapon as the personal pet project of General X.

Might have fixed it. Take a look please

QUOTE (iluvrotr12 @ 2 Sep 2014, 5:22) *
When i played as usa in Zh i used the hellfire some times but it is a piece of garbage. The battle drone is WAY better than the hellfire;it has a machine gun for infantry and repairs its parents vehicle.I say the battle drone is two times the worth of the hellfire drone.Am i right?

Yes I prefer to use the battle drone because of the repair capabilities

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 2 Sep 2014, 5:27) *
All this Hellfire hate, you should see how they were when SWR did the sensible thing and made them untargetable in Shockwave.

Did they buff it's firepower?

--------------------

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 2 Sep 2014, 15:36
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

QUOTE (MARS @ 1 Sep 2014, 21:44) *

So, following the current real world Chinese army numbering rules, P = Artilery, L = Howitzer/HE delivery, Z = Heavy, and the last two digits would be the year it entered service. I would imagine it labeled as PYZ-10 or something (Y = Atomic).

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 2 Sep 2014, 15:59
Post #50

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

QUOTE (teslashark @ 2 Sep 2014, 11:36) *
So, following the current real world Chinese army numbering rules, P = Artilery, L = Howitzer/HE delivery, Z = Heavy, and the last two digits would be the year it entered service. I would imagine it labeled as PYZ-10 or something (Y = Atomic).

I've followed MARS Suggestion for the Nuke Cannon.
Can someone show me if there's any text regarding the Particle Cannon?

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 10:16