IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fan-made Navies, Ze "notebook modder" strikes again!
Spejjarn
post 20 Feb 2015, 14:36
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 9277

Five navies for five factions

There are a number of roles that need to be fulfilled by a navy:
  • Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW)
  • Anti-air (AA)
  • Long-range fire support
  • Transport
For my particular navies the tier system might seem a bit odd, but that is because the main surface warship should be sufficiently powerful and therefore has to move from T0 to T1. That in turn leads to the "special support ship" to move from T1 to T0. At T0 the navies serve as combat support with some fighting capability and descent transport capability. At T1 the real naval warfare begins and at T2 you have the full naval arsenal.

USA
T0 Littoral Combat Ship: A smaller-than-medium size warship with two Phalanx CIWS for AA. Inspired by RL LCS and Aegis Cruiser in RA2.
T0 LCAC: vGen amphibious transport.
T1 Destroyer: ROTR Destroyer with Anti-Ship Missile (ASM) Launcher (as now) and an ASW Drone that replaces the Phalanx CIWS. Detects submarines.
T2 Drone Carrier: Aircraft Carrier with "navalized" Hunter Killer Drones.

ECA
T0 Minesweeper: Drops mines and remove them too if necessary. Detects mines and submarines.
T0 Amphibious Transport: ROTR version of transport.
T1 Visby: Stealthed warship with torpedoes against surface and submarine targets and a Wotan Array against air targets. Detects submarines. Inspired by Naginata Cruiser in RA3 (my fav unit in the entire game).
T2 Battleship: ECA-ized version of vGen/ROTR inspired by General Charles.

Russia
T0 PT Boat: ROTR PT Boat with light gun and SAM launcher.
T0 Zubr: Amphibious transport inspired by RL Zubr ACV.
T1 SSN: Your average attack submarine with torpedoes. Detects subs (obviously...).
T2 Missile Cruiser: ROTR-ized version of the RA2 and RA3 Soviet Dreadnought with heavy SSMs.

China
T0 Spy Trawler: Essentially a floating Listening Outpost that can disguise as vGen fishing trawler/Asian junk. Have some special surveillance/intelligence ability.
T0 Battle Hover Craft: Transport with Gatling Cannon against surface and air targets.
T1 Corvette: Warship with medium gun and ASW mortar/rocket system. Detects submarines.
T2 SSBN: Good'ol nuclear missile submarine.

GLA
T0 Speedboat: Floating bomb truck. Fast.
T0 Barge: GLA-ized LCAC. Amphibious despite its name.
T1 Old PT Boat: vGen PT Boat with MG. Can be upgraded with Stinger against air or depth charges against subs.
T2 SCUD Tanker: Oil tanker with hidden SCUDs.

DISCLAIMER: I'm pro the decision to scrap naval warfare in ROTR.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 20 Feb 2015, 15:02
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

I think this is one of the reasons it was scrapped. Everything listed here is ultra-generic. How about an American drone that looks like a giant squid?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pidorashka
post 20 Feb 2015, 18:39
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10848

What, no ECA dolphins?

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 20 Feb 2015, 23:33
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

You know, I had a plan to write stuff up about the naval vessels of the ROTR verse a while back, but decided to put it on hold until we got more info about the navy in game. Now that it's been officially canned, I have no reason to hold in depth details any longer. Stay tuned...

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 23 Feb 2015, 4:01
Post #5

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (DerKrieger @ 21 Feb 2015, 0:33) *
You know, I had a plan to write stuff up about the naval vessels of the ROTR verse a while back, but decided to put it on hold until we got more info about the navy in game. Now that it's been officially canned, I have no reason to hold in depth details any longer. Stay tuned...

[ ] Don't Care
[ ] Curious
[ ] Interested
[ ] Cautiously Optimistic
[ ] Excited
[X] Hyped
[ ] 1.85

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 7:56