Reply to this topicStart new topic
Video feed part 1 analysis, what we know so far
katmoda12
post 5 Aug 2009, 17:08
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 64

I'm opening this topic to collect all the informations we know from developers video feed part 1, in order to make a list of every bit of informations we have.
Also for the people that fail to understand everything in oral english (like, in part, myself or kamuik).

1. how Topol m works and effect: it comes out from the warfactory and can fire in every place of the map, after that you have to purchase the shot again that cost almost as the unit. the missile in particular is a MIRV and above the target it separate in 5 different warhead that cause utterly destruction, it is described like 5 (five!!) nuclear cannon firing at the same moment.

2. Claymore has taken over in Gen Charles the place of Gen Wolfgang's PZH2000, and can cause log-range barrage.

3.there will be amphibious units,but i fail to understand what they said about crusader (if it retains or not amphibious capabilities because of bugs

4.the old CH-47 will be replaced by the V-22 Osprey but it won't be in 1.5 release and we don't know if it will be capable of combat drop, ability that will surely be in general thorn's UH-60 blackhawk,along with navy seals.

5.There have been a shift caused by crowded number of units in russian rotary wing capabilities. For what i understood the KA-50 werewolf will be given to everyone, The MI-28 Havoc will be exclusive of rapid deployment Gen. Orlov and will be different from RL counterpart with some kind of new exciting ability, And the KA-50 Blackshark will be transformed in the KA-52 Alligator two seat/better engine variant also this for Gen Orlov. they did not mention the Mi-24 Hind for what I understood.
This part was really crowded so if anyone has understood better than me please correct me.

6. The raptor will remain the king of the sky, but Berkut with its "do a back roll,dog" ability can save itself, the PAK FA's capacities are not ready to be undisclosed.

7. The_Hunter likes to watch defence doing their job so he is an ECA fan (particularly,i guess, a fan of the holland gen Willem that came from the very same town of him-this is my addition mani8.gif -) , but he is actracted by the gamestyle of Orlov and Alexander

8. Comr4de is actracted by general Alexander because he does not reveal himself,and always wear a gas mask (bondage fan, both of you!! screwyou.gif )

9.The bunker complexes work like the GLA tunnels but they studier, badass and the units inside does not heal themselves

If i missed something please add any information you were able to understood.

I hope the purpose of this topic will be understood, as a work of an addicted fan no offence or prevarication of the developers was meaned.

This post has been edited by katmoda12: 5 Aug 2009, 17:11
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 5 Aug 2009, 17:48
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96
Projects: SWR Productions

3. Crusader was originally planned to be amphibious but isn't because that would've made it buggy.

4. According to the vid, Ospreys will be able to perform Ranger combat drops.

5. Orlov (Rapid Deployment General) will have the Hind and likely the Ka-52. The other two Generals will get the Mi-28 Havoc.

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 5 Aug 2009, 17:51

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 5 Aug 2009, 18:46
Post #3

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Here's something for reference use

Developer's Feed Part 1 Dialogue

This post has been edited by Pickysaurus: 5 Aug 2009, 18:47

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 5 Aug 2009, 21:08
Post #4

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I did understood everything clearly, I meant it for those who did not.

This post has been edited by KamuiK: 5 Aug 2009, 21:08

+Quote Post
Shock
post 5 Aug 2009, 22:02
Post #5

Forum Green
Group Icon

Member No.: 17

You have got #5 wrong I think. It was said every general would get a version of the Mi-28 Havoc.

It is really confusing because they do not specifically mention the Werewolf or Black Shark, only the Ka-50 when it is basically the same. But if every general is going to have a Mi-28 Havoc, then why would they also get a Werewolf. Great chance on redundancy here. They also mentioned that ''the Ka-50 wouldn't disappear completely", but be there as the Ka-52 two seater variant. This implies that the Blackshark and the Werewolf, also Ka-50, would have to go in favor of the Mi-28, and there will be one unique Ka-52 for Orlov.

The team is also talking about the current version Blackshark, while the current version technically only has one with the Werewolf model, which implies the team is pretty confused about it as well, hence the reason for ditching all this stuff.

That's what I made of it. Be weary that I am a beta tester, not a dev team member, so all I say is only my own speculation and not information from the dev team because I cannot get to it, and if I were I wouldn't disclose it.

This post has been edited by Shock: 5 Aug 2009, 22:03

--------------------

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 5 Aug 2009, 22:37
Post #6

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

they also show the concept art of the "ECA super heavy tank" what name escapes to me at the moment and how it will have twin cannons, missiles and a machinegun than could be both anti air and antiground

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 5 Aug 2009, 22:47
Post #7

Forum Green
Group Icon

That's about the Manticore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 5 Aug 2009, 23:26
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 96

QUOTE (Shock @ 6 Aug 2009, 3:02) *
You have got #5 wrong I think. It was said every general would get a version of the Mi-28 Havoc.

It is really confusing because they do not specifically mention the Werewolf or Black Shark, only the Ka-50 when it is basically the same. But if every general is going to have a Mi-28 Havoc, then why would they also get a Werewolf. Great chance on redundancy here. They also mentioned that ''the Ka-50 wouldn't disappear completely", but be there as the Ka-52 two seater variant. This implies that the Blackshark and the Werewolf, also Ka-50, would have to go in favor of the Mi-28, and there will be one unique Ka-52 for Orlov.

The team is also talking about the current version Blackshark, while the current version technically only has one with the Werewolf model, which implies the team is pretty confused about it as well, hence the reason for ditching all this stuff.

That's what I made of it. Be weary that I am a beta tester, not a dev team member, so all I say is only my own speculation and not information from the dev team because I cannot get to it, and if I were I wouldn't disclose it.

The plan for Russian choppers at the moment are as follows:

Orlov (Rapid Deployment General) will have the Hind and the Ka-52. The other two Russian Generals will get the Mi-28 Havoc.

The video probably confused things a little bit because it mentions the Alligator 'likely disappearing' (the Alligator is the name for the Ka-52 btw), he prolly meant either Blackshark or Werewolf.

To clarify:
Ka-50 Werewolf : The thing you have right now.
Ka-50 Blackshark : The thing you'll never get.
Ka-52 Alligator : The thing you'll get eventually. (for Orlov)
Mi-28 Havoc : The other thing you'll get eventually. (for the other two)
Mi-26 Hind : Pure Unadulterated Awesomeness.

But like most things, this is not set in stone.

Hopefully that helped. (hopefully it's the also the right answer tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 5 Aug 2009, 23:29

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 6 Aug 2009, 0:37
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 47

I believe they mentioned that the Osprey will have the combat drop ability.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 6 Aug 2009, 0:53
Post #10

Group Icon

Thank you for your explanation Nergizer.
I had it very confusing in my mind. And i am sorry for the mess i've done in the first post.
Anyway this the real purpose of this thread.

+Quote Post
Shock
post 6 Aug 2009, 1:46
Post #11

Forum Green
Group Icon

So all generals are going to get a Werewolf + a Havoc/Alligator.

I hope you come up with something to avoid redundancy here..

--------------------

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 6 Aug 2009, 1:57
Post #12

Group Icon

No, i'll list here the helicopters divisions as fart as now:

-Advanced Weapon Gen Alexander: -Mi-28 Havoc

-Tactical Balistic Gen Zukov: -Mi-28 Havoc

-Rapid Deployment Gen Orlov: -KA-52 Alligator -Mi-24 Hind

These division make me wonder if the other Genarals will get just one helicopter or what...
because we have now one builiding (the helicopter pad) wich solely purpose is to build helicopter and with Alexander and Zhukov getting only one helicopter one building for one unit seem a bit strange

Also @Shock the3 redundancy will be avoided making the alligator capable of strafing manouvres (firing during the movement) and tank-killer chopper and the Havoc will get a new not-RL ability.

This post has been edited by katmoda12: 6 Aug 2009, 2:00

+Quote Post
Shock
post 6 Aug 2009, 2:06
Post #13

Forum Green
Group Icon

Well then with your logic, the Werewolf disappears, as I said.

Whatever, we'll see tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Shock: 6 Aug 2009, 2:07

--------------------

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 6 Aug 2009, 2:14
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (NergiZed @ 5 Aug 2009, 21:26) *
The video probably confused things a little bit because it mentions the Alligator 'likely disappearing' (the Alligator is the name for the Ka-52 btw), he prolly meant either Blackshark or Werewolf.

I understood from Nergized post that KA-50 Blackshark/Werewolf will disappear.

But anyway we'll see. In the script of the video posted by pickysaurus, The_hunter say it will disappear, but maybe you're right

This post has been edited by katmoda12: 6 Aug 2009, 2:15

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 6 Aug 2009, 2:21
Post #15

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

I paid special attention to the names/numbers of the aircraft mentioned. I believe my copy is correct to what they said.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Raven
post 6 Aug 2009, 6:30
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

QUOTE (katmoda12 @ 5 Aug 2009, 22:57) *
No, i'll list here the helicopters divisions as fart as now:

-Advanced Weapon Gen Alexander: -Mi-28 Havoc

-Tactical Balistic Gen Zukov: -Mi-28 Havoc

-Rapid Deployment Gen Orlov: -KA-52 Alligator -Mi-24 Hind

These division make me wonder if the other Genarals will get just one helicopter or what...
because we have now one builiding (the helicopter pad) wich solely purpose is to build helicopter and with Alexander and Zhukov getting only one helicopter one building for one unit seem a bit strange

Also @Shock the3 redundancy will be avoided making the alligator capable of strafing manouvres (firing during the movement) and tank-killer chopper and the Havoc will get a new not-RL ability.

I got the impression that all gens would get the hinds....am i wrong :S ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 6 Aug 2009, 11:22
Post #17

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

We did not specify the Hinds in that video but the Hind is for General Orlov.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 April 2024 - 15:43