IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Failed to start Rise of the Reds for windows 7!!!
Hollywood
post 21 May 2010, 2:34
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 661

It has been a while but i'm back with the same issue. I installed ROTR just fine. I try to start it up and and a command screen shows up for a split second and then nothing. It goes so fast i can't read it. I've look all over the support from for answers but nothing seems to work. This is what i tried. I uninstall C&C Decades and deleted all the files after words. then I re installed it to the desktop. I ran it as administrator still the same thing happens. I then tried to patch it but it said that the patch is to old. I have Windows 7 64-bit Intel core 2 duo @2.13GHz with 2 GB of memory and a 8600 over-clocked. I've been waiting to play this for like 5 to 6 months. I've played other mods in the past and they all work fine except this one. PLSEEEEEEE HELP!!!

--------------------
END OF LINE[font="Palatino Linotype"][/font][size="6"][/size]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 21 May 2010, 3:03
Post #2

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

Mm...the standard drill:

1. Uninstall Zero Hour
2. Delete the entire Zero Hour folder
3. DELETE the ZERO HOUR folder
4. Delete the ZH folder
5. Reinstall ZH
6. Check if patched to 1.04
7. Download RotR
8. Run installer
9. DO NOT SPAM CLICK NEXT
10. Do. not. spamclick next
11. Choose your ZH folder destination (By default it is C:\Program Files\EA Games\C&C The First Decade\Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour
12. Patch to latest version of RotR

I hope this helps I8.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alias
post 21 May 2010, 4:50
Post #3

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

Since you're running the First Decade you don't need to patch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 21 May 2010, 5:17
Post #4

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

QUOTE (Alias @ 21 May 2010, 8:50) *
Since you're running the First Decade you don't need to patch.

You have to double check, I've gotten more than once where my ZH was not 1.04 with TFD.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 21 May 2010, 11:24
Post #5

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

On Windows 7 I have to try twice to get a mod started. The first time it will go unresponsive but it will work the second time

--------------------

+Quote Post
post 9 Dec 2010, 8:21
Post #6

Group:
Member No.:

Warn: (0%) -----

well since i found this mod only about a week ago and enjoyed shockwave so much i decided to download this mod and follow the same process as installing shockwave, well 5 attempts and 3 full reinstalls later i'm still having the same issue, the system32 pops up even running as admin and the game refuses to load or function.

I even uninstalled shockwave and still no results, i do hope that in the next update this will no longer be a problem.

I am using windows 7 64 bit and the first decade, it and all the games on it run fine but i just can't seem to get this mod to function properly, also my zero hour is 1.04 already from the first decade.

just got done examining my folder and it is almost like the mod did not install at all to the folder, and im not looking forward to reinstalling my first decade again >.>

This post has been edited by TankSniper: 9 Dec 2010, 8:50

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 9 Dec 2010, 14:27
Post #7

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

10. Do. not. spamclick next
11. Choose your ZH folder destination (By default it is C:\Program Files\EA Games\C&C The First Decade\Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour

Change this accordingly. It might by ABCDEFGHIJKLNMOPQRSTUVWXYZ:/Pragrom Files/Electronic <something>/C&C Generals Zero Hour instead.

God do I have to make an image guide?

This post has been edited by Destiny: 9 Dec 2010, 14:29

--------------------

+Quote Post
post 9 Dec 2010, 20:27
Post #8

Group:
Member No.:

i know how to manually install a program, i do not spam click it either, i have done this hundreds of times for many of the games i play. Please do not imply or attempt to insult my intelligence on the matter, i have not had this issue whatsoever with shockwave as i stated before. This is the only issue i have had with this mod in particular.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 10 Dec 2010, 12:42
Post #9

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

Don't take it personally mate smile.gif

There's been a lot of "not so smart" people who have visited in the past so the members are a bit edgy.

Anyway, if you haven't already, you could try disabling your UAC, it sometimes blocks changes to the Program Files folder.

If that won't work you can try installing ZH in a different directory like "C:\Games"

--------------------

+Quote Post
post 10 Dec 2010, 15:27
Post #10

Group:
Member No.:

yes i could try doing those as well which may solve the problem im having although when i start up my ZH it has the background of Generals on it and it is frozen in place, im starting to also believe my program may have botched itself on installation one day and i may need a new copy of TFD lol i hope not but i won't mind if i absolutely need it.

However thank you for the advice i shall try it and get back to you on how it goes.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 13 Dec 2010, 0:21
Post #11

Group Icon

When I had a similar problem it was because my graphics card didn't support 3D graphics - but that'd mean vanilla ZH wouldn't start either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post 18 Dec 2010, 18:25
Post #12

Group:
Member No.:

well i have a 5770 so 3d graphics are not the issue, but ill get to the bottom of it since i really want to play this mod yet have not had the time as of late to really do anything with it, but i will hopefully find a solution to the issue. Again thank you for the advice i will use that advice and try to get it working biggrin.gif since i really want to play the russians.

+Quote Post
post 7 Mar 2011, 3:04
Post #13

Group:
Member No.:

I have a similar problem. Rotr will get all the way to the desktop bmp though and then declare a "serious error" and refer me to EA forums. Tried re-installation several times along with a few other specific file changes, permissions, naming, etc. and it still refuses to run on my win 7 machine. Works just fine on my XP machine even though it's crapping out and both machines also have the latest version of shockwave installed. Shockwave runs perfectly fine although I do know that ZH vanilla runs as shockwave on the win 7 machine for no apparent reason. Not sure what else to do. Tips would be appreciated.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 7 Mar 2011, 19:51
Post #14

Group Icon

I had that error when my graphics card wasn't able to support 3D graphic..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acolyte
post 15 May 2011, 16:51
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 8829

QUOTE (Acolyte @ 7 Mar 2011, 4:04) *
I have a similar problem. Rotr will get all the way to the desktop bmp though and then declare a "serious error" and refer me to EA forums. Tried re-installation several times along with a few other specific file changes, permissions, naming, etc. and it still refuses to run on my win 7 machine. Works just fine on my XP machine even though it's crapping out and both machines also have the latest version of shockwave installed. Shockwave runs perfectly fine although I do know that ZH vanilla runs as shockwave on the win 7 machine for no apparent reason. Not sure what else to do. Tips would be appreciated.

I have this exact same problem as well, it's driving me crazy whenever friends are over because we can never play RotR.
I also have Shw installed and vanilla ZH will run as Shw. Tried all the basics, not sure where else to go.
Also, this is only a recent development, it used to run just fine.

System specs are as follows if you need them:

Pentium D 3 GHz

3 Gig RAM

32-bit Windows 7

As for an answer to Hollywood's first post, what I did was just edit a few things to run as admin. If this doesn't work, then you could go more extreme and rename RotR.dat to RotR.exe and run that as admin. That should work for you, or at least get you to the stupid serious error screen. dry.gif

This post has been edited by Acolyte: 15 May 2011, 16:57

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 23:47