Closed TopicStart new topic
The changelog has arrived!
Warhawk
post 21 Oct 2010, 2:02
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 132

Wow biggrin.gif a lot of changes are made for the new release.
I would like to ask if there will be GC maps for Fai, Deathstrike, Leang
and Ironside? Sorry if this has been answered before but I didn't see it.
Also will there be new nuke for the nuke general?
BR
Warhawk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Massey
post 21 Oct 2010, 2:44
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 20 Oct 2010, 14:28) *
Oh my god just wait until the ECA, thats all I'm sayin' XD.gif

You tease ><

-Alpha Aurora Bomber bomb damage increased from 40.0 to 400.0.

THIS. SOUNDS. AWESOME.

I would have to agree. From a attack like: hehe, is that all you can do - To - OYG what happen to my base!

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
ΓΛPΤΘΓ
post 21 Oct 2010, 2:51
Post #28

Emotion is available as an additional download
Group Icon

Member No.: 72
Lossless Addict

-Overlord Gattling Cannon can detect stealth.

Seems awesome. And three round lazer turrets... Mmm...

--------------------

[Sources] ASUS Essence ST, iPod Touch 64GB
[Amplifiers] DIY HA5000, iBasso D2+ Boa
[Headphones] Audio Technica ATH-AD1000PRM, Ultimate Ears TF10 Pro

+Quote Post
wangho1990
post 21 Oct 2010, 3:12
Post #29

Group Icon

Member No.: 716

QUOTE (The Twilight @ 20 Oct 2010, 21:50) *
THIS. SOUNDS. AWESOME.

Yeah, finally it will be able to at least damage structures. The previous version is a joke... though now it's the price that's outrageous..

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 21 Oct 2010, 3:50
Post #30

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Member No.: 19
Projects: ShockWave Tester
In birro veritas.

QUOTE (wangho1990 @ 21 Oct 2010, 1:12) *
Yeah, finally it will be able to at least damage structures. The previous version is a joke... though now it's the price that's outrageous..
It wasn't actually meant to be good against structures by design tongue.gif . You guys always want an Aurora Alpha that's overpowered beyond reason it seems XD.gif .

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
ShEsHy
post 21 Oct 2010, 4:00
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 186

CODE
-Alpha Aurora Bomber build time increased from 20.0 to 30.0.
-Alpha Aurora Bomber fuel bomb weapon damage type changed from JET_MISSILES to EXPLOSION.
-Alpha Aurora Bomber bomb primary weapon damage radius decreased from 20.0 to 5.0.
-Alpha Aurora Bomber explosion primary damage radius decreased from 60.0 to 30.0.
-Alpha Aurora Bomber explosion secondary damage radius decreased from 100.0 to 50.0.
-Enforcer now requires a 1 star unlock
-Particle Cannon cost increased from $2500 to $4000.

Wow, didn't know that we had to give up our SuperWeapon advantage as well as our only tank (that doesn't die with 1 hit) to get our Auroras back, and they'd still be massively nerfed (sure we got the punch back, but it's hard to call it an AOE bomber anymore).
Well, guess from 1.0 on it's gonna suck being the SuperWeapon General when the only positive difference with the stock is 20% cheaper super weapons and EMP Defenders/Patriots (and their EMP missiles are much weaker than regular ones).

This post has been edited by ShEsHy: 21 Oct 2010, 4:04

--------------------
I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him.

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 21 Oct 2010, 9:02
Post #32

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

QUOTE (ShEsHy @ 21 Oct 2010, 2:00) *
CODE
-Alpha Aurora Bomber build time increased from 20.0 to 30.0.
-Alpha Aurora Bomber fuel bomb weapon damage type changed from JET_MISSILES to EXPLOSION.
-Alpha Aurora Bomber bomb primary weapon damage radius decreased from 20.0 to 5.0.
-Alpha Aurora Bomber explosion primary damage radius decreased from 60.0 to 30.0.
-Alpha Aurora Bomber explosion secondary damage radius decreased from 100.0 to 50.0.
-Enforcer now requires a 1 star unlock
-Particle Cannon cost increased from $2500 to $4000.

Wow, didn't know that we had to give up our SuperWeapon advantage as well as our only tank (that doesn't die with 1 hit) to get our Auroras back, and they'd still be massively nerfed (sure we got the punch back, but it's hard to call it an AOE bomber anymore).
Well, guess from 1.0 on it's gonna suck being the SuperWeapon General when the only positive difference with the stock is 20% cheaper super weapons and EMP Defenders/Patriots (and their EMP missiles are much weaker than regular ones).
Have you even SEEN the new Enforcer Tank? No? Then reserve that judgment tongue.gif . Besides, the Robot Tank is underrated - it not only has an armour upgrade but it's also the cheapest armour upgrade in the game, it auto-heals by default, and it has the highest damage per second of any main battle tank afaik. And that's not counting its huge speed and the fact it can cross water. And the EMP Patriot is a lot better at everything than a normal Patriot. Her Lockdown is still a very useful piece of artillery and it doesn't cost a generals point anymore and the Plasma Tomahawk is regarded as one of the best pieces of artillery in the game. And none of this is counting stuff like the Repair Drone or her super ultra infantry.

This post has been edited by Chyros: 21 Oct 2010, 9:14

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
Raven
post 21 Oct 2010, 12:45
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 155

I think I'll love the new "Chrono" Enforcer tongue.gif. Just out of curiosity, what is the damage of the hypersonic Aurora?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 21 Oct 2010, 13:19
Post #34

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

I think the same as a normal Aurora i.e. 400 AURORA_BOMB damage, not counting experience level bonuses. And yeah, you will love the new Enforcer, I promise you wink.gif . Not easy in its use but very devastating when you get the hang of it.

--------------------
TN

--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
oyuboy
post 21 Oct 2010, 19:23
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 423

GREAT CHANGES BUT .......

Does Anyone feel That toxin general is Week?

-Toxin RPG Trooper poison field weapon damage type changed from POISON to SURRENDER.
-Toxin RPG Trooper poison field weapon upgraded damage type changed from POISON to SURRENDER.
-Toxin RPG Trooper resistance to Toxins decreased from 5% to 20%.
-Toxin Tractor health decreased from 550.0 to 450.0.
Toxin Jarmen Kell poison field weapon damage type changed from POISON to SURRENDER.
-Toxin Jarmen Kell poison field weapon duration decreased from 10000 to 5000.
-Toxin Jarmen Kell poison field weapon upgraded damage type changed from POISON to SURRENDER.
-Toxin Jarmen Kell poison field weapon upgraded duration decreased from 10000 to 5000.

???

+Quote Post
©onscr¡pt
post 21 Oct 2010, 19:44
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 380
Projects: ROTR Tester

You guys are making a big jump 0.94 -> 0.95 -> 0.951 -> 1.0. This looks wonderful. I love the Topol M!
But you should really decrease the strenght of the Angry Mob, I owned 2 Hard Armies with them. 4 Groups, upgraded with AK47s and Molotovs tongue.gif

--------------------
'Pride of the working class!'
'I don't like Animaniacs?'

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 21 Oct 2010, 20:04
Post #37

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

Pathfinders and a couple of those...units are the death of mobs.

...especially Hurricanes.

Also will the Hypersonic Aurora get a possible speed boost by using an unused locomotor with higher speed? The namesake if the Aurora compared to the other non-hypersonic Auroras makes it really...sad. If not, is it possible to remove the 'Supersonic aircraft!' voice line specifically from the Hypersonic Aurora? I8.gif

Hahaha just playing around for a bit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 21 Oct 2010, 21:08
Post #38

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

QUOTE (oyuboy @ 21 Oct 2010, 17:23) *
GREAT CHANGES BUT .......

Does Anyone feel That toxin general is Week?

-Toxin RPG Trooper poison field weapon damage type changed from POISON to SURRENDER.
-Toxin RPG Trooper poison field weapon upgraded damage type changed from POISON to SURRENDER.
-Toxin RPG Trooper resistance to Toxins decreased from 5% to 20%.
-Toxin Tractor health decreased from 550.0 to 450.0.
Toxin Jarmen Kell poison field weapon damage type changed from POISON to SURRENDER.
-Toxin Jarmen Kell poison field weapon duration decreased from 10000 to 5000.
-Toxin Jarmen Kell poison field weapon upgraded damage type changed from POISON to SURRENDER.
-Toxin Jarmen Kell poison field weapon upgraded duration decreased from 10000 to 5000.

???
Yes, I'm not happy with many of those changes. And other changes to Thrax in the current public version as well.

The change to the toxin RPG still makes me unhappy, but it is needed - they are nearly uncounterable with POISON damage. Thrax's Jarmen got nerfed because his poison field would kill all troops inside of a troop crawler instantly when he sniped the driver.

Believe me, I had to do an insane amount of lobbying before I got it REDUCED to this amount of nerfs - in our earlier devs he was nerfed so badly at one point that his toxins killed infantry practically slower than radiation did and that Deathstrike had better toxin units than Thrax had D: .

--------------------
TN

--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
General Specific
post 22 Oct 2010, 9:43
Post #39

The Oxymoron General
Group Icon

Member No.: 214

What does the surrender damage type mean?

--------------------
Commands
(1977-1992) S.H.I.E.L.D. Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division
(1992-2006) S.T.R.I.K.E. Special Tactical Response for International Key Emergencies
(2006-Present) Executive Commander of Team America and S.H.U.S.H.

I have a policy about honesty and ass-kickings:
If you ask for it, I have to let you have it.
FEEL THE OP!!!

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 22 Oct 2010, 12:52
Post #40

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

all it means is that units don't get damage over time from those specific toxin weapons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
wangho1990
post 22 Oct 2010, 15:09
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 716

The Pathfinder nerf is ridiculous. If you wanna reduce its cost efficiency then reduce its ROF, not output...How on earth is that a sniper deals only a tick more damage to infantry than standary infantry does? Gameplay-wise if you can't kill off enemy infantry with one shot then you spook them too early and they will have chance to pull their infantry back. After all the Pathfinder still need a skill point to unlock and is not that cheap to train either.

This post has been edited by wangho1990: 22 Oct 2010, 15:09

+Quote Post
eric_hein
post 22 Oct 2010, 18:47
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 564

Wow, that's a huge changelog. You guys have been busy! The new railgun effect looks great, and I can barely imagine how much fun the RPG angry mobs are going to be. "AK-47's Rocket Launchers...FOR EVERYONE ALLALALALALALALALAA!!!"

I only made it about halfway through the change log, but the Pathfinder thing did catch my eye. With the Strategy Center prereq removed, it will be easier to build them, but the idea of a sniper without a 1 hit kill is strange. Do all basic infantry have the same amount of health?

+Quote Post
woxenrud
post 22 Oct 2010, 20:45
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 330

Whats up with all the weapon range decreases?

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 23 Oct 2010, 0:52
Post #44

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

I guess I'll be the team changelog defender again tongue.gif .

QUOTE (wangho1990 @ 22 Oct 2010, 13:09) *
The Pathfinder nerf is ridiculous. If you wanna reduce its cost efficiency then reduce its ROF, not output...How on earth is that a sniper deals only a tick more damage to infantry than standary infantry does? Gameplay-wise if you can't kill off enemy infantry with one shot then you spook them too early and they will have chance to pull their infantry back. After all the Pathfinder still need a skill point to unlock and is not that cheap to train either.
At first I was skeptic of this as well, but if you try it, you'll find it's not as black-and-white as you think. They're still incredibly effective - don't forget they have great range and they don't unstealth when they fire. They're a pest to get rid of and at least kill for example Angry Mob guys still in one shot. It's just that one of them won't render a whole enemy army of infantry useless all by itself anymore.

QUOTE (eric_hein @ 22 Oct 2010, 16:47) *
Wow, that's a huge changelog. You guys have been busy! The new railgun effect looks great, and I can barely imagine how much fun the RPG angry mobs are going to be. "AK-47's Rocket Launchers...FOR EVERYONE ALLALALALALALALALAA!!!"

I only made it about halfway through the change log, but the Pathfinder thing did catch my eye. With the Strategy Center prereq removed, it will be easier to build them, but the idea of a sniper without a 1 hit kill is strange. Do all basic infantry have the same amount of health?
No. Rocket men for example are all weaker than riflemen.

QUOTE (woxenrud @ 22 Oct 2010, 18:45) *
Whats up with all the weapon range decreases?
You mean the rocket men range decreases? Those were done because they made them dominate the game way too much. It was one of the reasons that for example main battle tanks were relatively underused. It's a change LONG overdue.

--------------------
TN

--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
walkingGhost
post 23 Oct 2010, 2:37
Post #45

Group Icon

Member No.: 212

MiG Bomber experience levels increased from 0 | 100 | 200 | 400 to 0 | 125 | 250 | 500

Was it even possible to get veteran MiG-Bombers in .95? Is it possible now?
IMHO the EMP/Nuke bombers were underused already, what was the reason for the nerf?

--------------------
"Under communism, man exploits man. Under capitalism, it's just the opposite." --- John Kenneth Galbrith
"He who prefers security over freedom deserves to be a slave." --- Aristotle

+Quote Post
Lord Atlantis
post 23 Oct 2010, 3:25
Post #46

Captain of the U.S.S. Kelvin
Group Icon

Member No.: 32
Exploring new worlds...

Fascinating that the changelog has been posted. Having a chunk of the stats returned to zero hour 1.04 will help make gameplay fresh. I'm very excited to see what other updates are released before the final release is made. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 23 Oct 2010, 4:14
Post #47

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

QUOTE (walkingGhost @ 23 Oct 2010, 0:37) *
Was it even possible to get veteran MiG-Bombers in .95? Is it possible now?
IMHO the EMP/Nuke bombers were underused already, what was the reason for the nerf?
Yes, they gain experience now. As for how regularly they are used - they're a niche unit perhaps, but devastating. The EMP bomber also has been made more of a destruction unit and less of an EMP unit.

--------------------
TN

--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
Erik
post 23 Oct 2010, 11:38
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 26
Mindfuck of the month: Casimir effect

Last time i tested it pretty much sucked at the EMP-part in internal versions :\
I liked the old one better actually.

--------------------

And you feel a sudden chill
How do you do? My name is Trouble
I'm coming for the kill...
And you know I will

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 23 Oct 2010, 14:02
Post #49

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

QUOTE (Erik @ 23 Oct 2010, 9:38) *
Last time i tested it pretty much sucked at the EMP-part in internal versions :\
I liked the old one better actually.
Yeah the EMP part is a lot lot less now.

--------------------
TN

--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 23 Oct 2010, 15:24
Post #50

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

Will PDLs have a bit more range? I feel that it's way TOO small...can't point defend properly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 10:05