IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Last used unit, Lets find out!
What do you think is the least used unit is in the game?
You can only pick one but write on the thread on your thoughts
Pyro [ 1 ] ** [3.45%]
Repair Drone (Not the battledrone) [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
Shmell Trooper [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Anvil bot (I think the AI Ignores this?) [ 5 ] ** [17.24%]
Fenris [ 11 ] ** [37.93%]
Partisian [ 3 ] ** [10.34%]
Unlockable unit (Please spesificy) [ 5 ] ** [17.24%]
Grizzly [ 2 ] ** [6.90%]
Total Votes: 29
Guests cannot vote 
Mizo
post 12 Feb 2018, 17:01
Post #26

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

I tried the "fire just one shot" trick. Too much micro for too little damage, I think.

I think a good word for the Claymore is "disappointing". It looks like the Overlord of artillery. You expect this amazing barrage out of your $2500 unit after waiting 3 minutes or whatever for it to reload but nope.

I do get why the Claymore is the way it is. If you make the Claymore too powerful a group of Claymores suddenly becomes like a mobile Tremor AGAS that doesn't reveal itself until it fires (and reloads faster than a Tremor AGAS).

I don't know about this. The Howitzer mechanic in general is underwhelming in PvE because it doesn't really matter how much you kill , the AI will keep bringing more things and disregard it.

It's in PvP where those things shine since everybody is on the same playing field , no cheat cash is involved, and killing a bunch of artillery gives you a huger advantage over your opponent.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jakato
post 12 Feb 2018, 18:10
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16473

QUOTE (Mizo @ 12 Feb 2018, 18:01) *
I don't know about this. The Howitzer mechanic in general is underwhelming in PvE because it doesn't really matter how much you kill , the AI will keep bringing more things and disregard it.

It's in PvP where those things shine since everybody is on the same playing field , no cheat cash is involved, and killing a bunch of artillery gives you a huger advantage over your opponent.

I'm not PvP player but I've noticed in PvP matches on Hector Doomhammer's stream that the forces involved in attacking and defending seem to be a lot of smaller than with PvE. So I can see why a Claymore can be more devastating in PvP.

I believe it is not a mistake or flaw that the Claymore is much less effective against AI enemies. The game is balanced for PvP first and foremost, as far as I know. For reasons like the AI cheat cash, certain units and tactics may not work like they do in PvP.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 13 Feb 2018, 4:09
Post #28

Guardsman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Partisan get wrecked by just everything after shooting and revealed. Sometimes they can be used as scout, but you have informant and radar van.....maybe if the delay before firing got removed or a bit increase in damage or ROF should make it better in combat.

Claymore is slow and expensive as hell. But ECA shine in very late game so it's not much of a problem unless you're up against Russian goliath suicide which will always be a problem for everyone. What limited its usefulness for me is the minimum range is so freaking huge, I can't get any decent close range counter artillery fire for my tanks against those Msta that keep shoot and scoot away unless they're stand still and attack a building or something big. Howitzer is better most of the time, but there are maps that lack space to build many of them so picking Claymore is a good idea.

1 pyro and 4 tank hunters is the ideal bunker setup. Don't know why its here. But using it outside is risky, yeah.

Fenris never got used because it doesn't fit in with Pandora doctrine of bombing enemy to dust. It's slow and short range and get killed easily. But you don't need to use everything to win a game, and it is quite fun to use when you're not being threatened.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 13 Feb 2018, 4:20

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 8:20