+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 1 Sep 2016, 8:23
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 31 Aug 2016, 20:45) *
The stuffs we're seeing now, most of them shouldn't have exist to begin with if balance was the main focus.

It's impossible to have good balance with an incomplete game. At least 2.0 have things planned way ahead.

Moreso, we have massive overbloat of general unique features for some factions, and lack of general-unique features for other factions. Combined with general policy to avoid "let's nerf this now and then buff it again in 2.0" decisions on large scale.
All of that makes things much harder for the balancing.

QUOTE (Mizo @ 1 Sep 2016, 2:06) *
<...>This is why I keep telling you to wait for 2.0 to get a better game. However that doesn't mean 1.87 is gonna be unbalanced, in fact I think it's gonna be the most balanced version that's released thus far, (we're so close).
It isn't about being lazy, it's about changing things that do not contradict future plans.

We were "so close". tongue.gif Though, I'm optimistic on the remaining amount of balance-related work required, even taking into account certain recent developments.
(no people, don't take my or Mizo's words as "1.87 is close" hype, there're other matters that are considered far more important by DevTeam at current moment.)

QUOTE (Zion @ 1 Sep 2016, 4:26) *
oh real mature

But more relevant than serious 1.86 balance discussions on forums. 1.87 is different, will probably have it's own issues, that would as usual surface during the mass tests (though we really did address alot of them), but is a huge step forward compared to 1.86. And once again, the closer 2.0 is, the more it's getting taken into consideration.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 1 Sep 2016, 9:11
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 10:44