IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Wait, I thought USA had the expensive units...
BrutalOrange
post 19 Jan 2012, 22:54
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8919

I just compared the prices of some units of the three factions and.... Russia has the expensive units? Russian Kodiak costs $1300 while Crusader costs $900? Golem tank costs $1800 while Paladin costs $1500? Chinese Overlord costs $2000 while Sentinel costs $3000 (even though I think I've read somewhere around this forum that the Overlord is actually better). Grumble costs $1800 while Chaperral costs way less (even though it's better I think, it doesn't have to reload and it doesn't have to deploy while having the same damage I THINK).

Am I seeing something wrong? I thought USA is the one that has those high cost, high tech units. Explains why I run out of money so early in the game when I play as Russia.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 19 Jan 2012, 23:17
Post #2

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Is that pre or post Mass Production upgrade?

Russia is a steamroller, slow to start but once they tech up and get a stable economy they're unstoppable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 20 Jan 2012, 0:39
Post #3

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

Intentional, it's supposed to reflect the difficulty in creating their units on the field due to their economic decline within our story plot. Noticed how their infantry is the cheapest? That should give somewhat of a hint.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Claine
post 20 Jan 2012, 1:01
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 8902

i Believe next version of ROTR's have much good game balance in general and flavored new game style wink.gif

This post has been edited by Claine: 20 Jan 2012, 1:03

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 20 Jan 2012, 4:31
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

^Um... okay.
QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 20 Jan 2012, 4:17) *
Is that pre or post Mass Production upgrade?

Russia is a steamroller, slow to start but once they tech up and get a stable economy they're unstoppable.

Those are pre mass production upgrades. And this pretty much sums it up. Russia is slow to start but they are almost unstoppable after getting a stable economy and the mass production upgrade. US doesn't have any upgrade like that.

Plus the drone costs need to be considered. Drones are made individually which adds up to the cost of the vehicle. Again those are fragile and the same vehicle might need to remake it's drone several times. All these adds up to the US's unit cost.

+Quote Post
Shasokais
post 21 Jan 2012, 15:02
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 8932

BTW, when playing with russia... what strategy do you recommend for me to get the "stable economy" you say?

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 21 Jan 2012, 15:30
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Expanding your operatiojns with multiple supply stations collecting income, mass production upgrade and spamming arms supliers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BrutalOrange
post 21 Jan 2012, 15:36
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 8919

QUOTE (Shasokais @ 21 Jan 2012, 16:02) *
BTW, when playing with russia... what strategy do you recommend for me to get the "stable economy" you say?

Spread out around the map and build "mini-bases" on key supply docks. Personally I make sure I have no less than 3 supply centers around the map continually pumping me with dollars (or rubles in this case).

Capture as much oil derricks as possible and don't leave out oil refineries, they are just as important. Don't forget to defend them though.

Destroy the enemies' supply centers to cripple their economy.

Make sure you build at least 6-10 arms suppliers once you finish doing the important upgrades (i.e. ERA, Mass production).

Sell any buildings you don't use. See that supply center in your base with a drained supply dock next to it? It's USELESS, sell it. That war factory that you aren't even using? Sell it. Base defenses that aren't doing anything? Sell them. You have way too much power? Sell some of those coal factories. And so on. Just make sure you have one of every building so you won't have blocked buildings.

That's all I could think of.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 0:07