Some Units Price Changes
TheSilverHands
post 22 Mar 2019, 22:34
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17896

Vanilla GLA Units:
A Scud Launcher costs $1200? And can salvage-up and have anthrax-beta? This unit is stronger than a tomahawk, which also costs $1200. Scud Launchers are just as strong as Plasma Tomahawks and Buratinos (both cost $1400), so I think this unit should have the same price tag. In regular Generals, this unit costs $1500 (though before zero hour, there was some unbalances between each faction lol).
Rocket buggies are very useful units (especially against tanks, constantly retreating artillery, and base defenses), so them being priced at $900 is a little too cheap for their usefulness. They should be priced at $1000, which is closer to many of the other artillery units prices, most of which cost $1100-2000. Rocket buggies would be an outlier if it only costs $900 per unit.

Superweapon General Units:
Plasma Avenger costs $1800, which is ridiculous compared to the Laser Avenger and vanilla Avenger (both cost $1500), so the Plasma Avenger should cost $1600.
Repair Drone should cost $700-800, as $900 is a little too much for (still pretty useful) repair unit.

Air Force General Units:
Hypersonic Aurora is a little too cheap in comparison to all the other auroras (all of them cost $2500), so instead of $2000, I think $2200 is more reasonable.
Hurricanes currently cost $1750, almost the price of a longer-range Hammer Cannon ($1800), but slightly more than a Nuke Cannon ($1600). I think they should cost about $1600, as they hit slightly harder than Katyushas ($1500) and Plasma Tomahawks ($1400).

Armor General Units:
Wraiths currently cost $1000, which is slightly more than Scarabs, Ravagers, Crusaders, and other tanks (all $900). I know they have composite armor and that missle upgrade, but they should cost $900 or the Armor General may have a slight monetary disadvantage to Kwai (especially with industrial plant) and Deathstrike since Ironside's basic tank unit is a little pricey when he should at least be able to mass-produce them with slightly less money (as he is a tank-based general).

Special Weapons General Units:
Since Leang is an expert on napalm, her dragon tanks (which already have black napalm and is more advanced than regular dragon tanks (they cost $800 for Fei and vanilla China, $700 for Kwai)) should be priced around $900 and not $1000. Her artillery units, planes, and base defenses are NOT cheap, so having more money for them is always nice and makes her slightly more of a formidable opponent.

I am sure these price changes will balance the game better than before.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 22 Mar 2019, 23:56
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (TheSilverHands @ 23 Mar 2019, 0:34) *
Vanilla GLA Units:
A Scud Launcher costs $1200? And can salvage-up and have anthrax-beta? This unit is stronger than a tomahawk, which also costs $1200. Scud Launchers are just as strong as Plasma Tomahawks and Buratinos (both cost $1400), so I think this unit should have the same price tag. In regular Generals, this unit costs $1500 (though before zero hour, there was some unbalances between each faction lol).
Rocket buggies are very useful units (especially against tanks, constantly retreating artillery, and base defenses), so them being priced at $900 is a little too cheap for their usefulness. They should be priced at $1000, which is closer to many of the other artillery units prices, most of which cost $1100-2000. Rocket buggies would be an outlier if it only costs $900 per unit.

Tomahawks are your suppressive artillery, you should focus on microwave tanks and auroras to siege enemy base,Not to mention that it tracks. Also consider using the tomahawk relay system, you'll see how safer it is

Superweapon General Units:
Plasma Avenger costs $1800, which is ridiculous compared to the Laser Avenger and vanilla Avenger (both cost $1500), so the Plasma Avenger should cost $1600.
Repair Drone should cost $700-800, as $900 is a little too much for (still pretty useful) repair unit.

Plasma Avenger can fire full rate of fire while being hitscan, something both of the other two variants don't have, It is pricy I admit that but that's why you get Vulcan humvees. Also, Its have always been SWG's thing to have costlier units, at least now they have their gimmicks without eing a full on punishment.
Repair drone is an unarmed drone thats fragile as hell before drone armor, It has its uses but I cant see why you'd want to nerf this thing,

Air Force General Units:
Hypersonic Aurora is a little too cheap in comparison to all the other auroras (all of them cost $2500), so instead of $2000, I think $2200 is more reasonable.
Hurricanes currently cost $1750, almost the price of a longer-range Hammer Cannon ($1800), but slightly more than a Nuke Cannon ($1600). I think they should cost about $1600, as they hit slightly harder than Katyushas ($1500) and Plasma Tomahawks ($1400).

Ah that's a nice catch you got, the Aurora actually has another worrying issue In its cost to damage ratio so it will get a cost increase in the next version anyway.
As for Hurricanes, they are the only unInterceptable damage In the entire airforce arsenal with an AOE, others are all jammed by ECM's or they get PDL'ed. So aside from the aurora and the Tornado bomber its the only reliable weapon you have.
This means that its the longest range/safest relaible damage dealer in your arsenal.

Armor General Units:
Wraiths currently cost $1000, which is slightly more than Scarabs, Ravagers, Crusaders, and other tanks (all $900). I know they have composite armor and that missile upgrade, but they should cost $900 or the Armor General may have a slight monetary disadvantage to Kwai (especially with industrial plant) and Deathstrike since Ironside's basic tank unit is a little pricey when he should at least be able to mass-produce them with slightly less money (as he is a tank-based general).

Wraiths can engage the air, It's not amazing but Its somewhat as good as a TOW missile and they have a better burst then scorpion rockets, given their extra health too they are really really good. There's few tanks they cant solo if there is any by default and I doubt there are any MBT tanks they can't solo without it, the wraith is generally replaced by tank destroyers late game anyways if it's not used as a meatshield. They also don't benefit from composite armor as Armor general does not have it.
Armor general also has one of the best air arsenals that can compete with even airforce and laser general, with the only downside being the lack of air to air weapons, His gladiators and blue arrows fix that, however.

Special Weapons General Units:
Since Leang is an expert on napalm, her dragon tanks (which already have black napalm and is more advanced than regular dragon tanks (they cost $800 for Fei and vanilla China, $700 for Kwai)) should be priced around $900 and not $1000. Her artillery units, planes, and base defenses are NOT cheap, so having more money for them is always nice and makes her slightly more of a formidable opponent.

What makes Leang amazing aside from her scary late game is that her units have abilities that Improve the Individual more than being more horde based like its foes.
The grinder has this with its mines, the gattling tank has this with its two barrels, the ravager tank has this with its ramjet shell ability. For the dragon tank, what makes it special aside from the extra damage is the burst you can get from using the fireballs.

Go try it, Fireballs, flame spray, fireball
Its much more efficient and at the other side fireballs are much better against mob Infantry then just flamewall, cause you can kite with it. Add the fact that you have black napalm for free and can get white napalm above this makes it a whole new leve
Also yeah her defenses aren't cheap but they aren't limited either. (Also be happy that they are keeping the sentinel cannon bug as a "Feature" I hate that thing so much) l

I am sure these price changes will balance the game better than before.

Thank you for your feedbacdon'tont fediscouragedged and the feedback coming, things are always subject to change, even what I say is not final.

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 22 Mar 2019, 23:57

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skoony
post 10 Nov 2020, 17:11
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1310

I know this forum is dead and buried, but I still play Shockwave from time to time. It's what Zero Hour should have been. Anyway...

Is the Plasma Avenger even better than the laser avenger? And what good does the Plasma Tomahawk do? The only difference I've seen the latter make, is that the plasma debris that comes after the initial hit, clears some mines around the hit site. That's it. 🤷‍♀️

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 10:20