post 26 Dec 2012, 0:52
Post #26

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Stalker @ 25 Dec 2012, 21:10) *
[...] and this would also allow larger commandsets, which would make commandset-switch buttons obsolete.

*beep* Wrong. Command sets are hardcoded, the amount of buttons is set to 18 max and the buttons 16 to 18 are already in use.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BlitzGeneral
post 26 Dec 2012, 1:07
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 146

There definitely is...something about the textures of the added factions, especially in widescreen.

I'll edit this post with more things I like/dislike later.

+Quote Post
Mcbob
post 26 Dec 2012, 1:17
Post #28

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 52

More often than not, Harriers are killed by friendly fire when attacking enemy air units rather than AA.

+Quote Post
Celtic Warrior
post 26 Dec 2012, 2:09
Post #29

Group Icon

Member No.: 9479

QUOTE (Kirasama @ 25 Dec 2012, 16:49) *
"medium" is still easy as hell
hard seems the tolerable one, actually builds stuff (through to many defenses in general)
brutal is still "hey do you enjoy me making 20 units in what you get one?"

I wish they would consider people who suck at RTS games...I'm not good at them. I enjoy them, but I'm not very good.

--------------------
WE WILL NOT BOW. WE WILL NOT FALL. WE STAND AS ONE. WE STAND ALONE.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 26 Dec 2012, 2:42
Post #30

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 25 Dec 2012, 19:14) *
I honestly don't remeber any of DevTeam mentioning that. Afaik, it was pure speculation on players part.

Nope

http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.php?showtopic=3692

Since the inception of ESA's famous Solaris energy project, high-ranking Russian officials have heavily criticised it for its possible use as a highly devastating orbital weapon and missile defence. While much of the criticism at the time was in no small part motivated by the fact that a self-sufficient Europe put an end to the long-standing fossil fuel deals that kept the Russian economy going, the alleged military potential of Solaris turned out to be more than just a slanderous conspiracy theory as early as 2046, when the Russian aircraft carrier 'Peter the Great' got melted to slag by a pillar of sunlight striking down from the sky without warning in the Baltic Sea. In addition to these short, concentrated bursts, European commanders can also experiment with a longer, broader solar saturation to turn entire areas into cooking wastelands for extended periods.

+Quote Post
Celtic Warrior
post 26 Dec 2012, 2:55
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 9479

The neutron bomb isn't rendering vehicles empty :/ it's just destroying them.

--------------------
WE WILL NOT BOW. WE WILL NOT FALL. WE STAND AS ONE. WE STAND ALONE.

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 26 Dec 2012, 3:01
Post #32

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

QUOTE (Celtic Warrior @ 26 Dec 2012, 2:55) *
The neutron bomb isn't rendering vehicles empty :/ it's just destroying them.

It's supposed to render ANYTHING that survives the blast empty even if they have less than 10% health left but still live.....which is just sometimes, not all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
(2142)Gen.Reaper
post 26 Dec 2012, 3:34
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 9149

I like the new medium/easy AI, it provides a bigger challenge than regular ZH AI while not being excessively brutal like CWC's "Easy" AI.

+Quote Post
Erich Honecker
post 26 Dec 2012, 4:34
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 9366

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 26 Dec 2012, 2:42) *

This

--------------------

+Quote Post
z741
post 26 Dec 2012, 7:12
Post #35

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8990

very good with the ai. i was playing Hard AI as ECA vs Russia and i almost got my ass handed to me but i managed to pull through. however i think the AOE for Solaris should be increased. it kinda reminds me of the tib wars ion cannon haha. but overall great job i give kudos to the dev team. i hope next years release will outdo this version

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZenislevSoma
post 26 Dec 2012, 7:42
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 9553

QUOTE (predator64 @ 26 Dec 2012, 6:03) *
Also,I have a...question that may seems dumb.What gameplay speed people normally playing on?I play against computer all the time but ROTR really improve its AI a lot,I normally play at 35 ~ 40 speed,I might have to lower it down seeing such improved AI,over that I surrender due to I am a noob in micromanaging..

I play it at full speed... lag takes it down to manageable levels tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ironside2052
post 26 Dec 2012, 7:43
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 584

I am loving playing as ECA and their awesome defenses

one problem that I have had with ROTR and especially 1.82 is that the lag and graphics cause a lot of slowdown anything to improve that would be a godsend

+Quote Post
Xofolez
post 26 Dec 2012, 8:08
Post #38

That was left handed!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9508

QUOTE (Anubis @ 26 Dec 2012, 1:27) *
To many defenses ... TO MANY DEFENSES ...

ECA is suppose to be a defense heavy faction. The reason they have so many is because each one is specialized in 1 exact role and only that. So to be more precise they have a wall, a really cheap/easy to deploy one, an anti-infantry one, AT, AA, anti-artillery and the howizter position which is more or less a defense since it's more a replacement for their lack of actual bombers. So i really don't see many defenses when you start looking at their roles and the fact that they are only good at that.

Well said Anubis... but may i suggest something to include? the ability micro # multiple howitzers, it fails which would be nice for concentrated barrages... if you do not understand heres an example 2 howitzers -h1 and and h2- were desired to share the same micro key "8" (Ctrl + 8) so i selct h1 to micro as 8 then i select h2 and combine as a unit using shift + 8 and finally unify under micro 8 with Ctrl + 8. This will not work and would be great for the howitzer rather than reverting over and over again. with the cooldown timer, it make this method one that does not unbalance play IMO.

ISSUES I FOUND: ECA Command center unable to be captured which was a heart breaker fighting an AI (for experimental reasons), grumble missle explodes to kill harrier and it is stuck to harrier till hulk hits earth, and Worldbuilder is no longer operational as it is bombarded by ECA content related errors and then it will close, this was confirmed by a dev or tester- cobracommander in hamachi chat

TO THOSE STILL UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM A MIRROR DO AS FOLLOWING AND STOP SPAMMING "I CANNOT DL 1.8" COMMENTS!
to those imaptient for a hotfix on the mirror, i suggest DL'n an IP hider such as Hotspot's free trial or a cracked torrented version from your torrent source[s] if it doesnt work, then refresh the IP, but often enough you will register as american...IP hider helps make netflix more plentiful as well as many other sites and their 'limited-hidden' criteria.

This post has been edited by Shock: 26 Dec 2012, 11:56
Reason for edit: Such large letters are unnecessary.

--------------------

Das vidanea!

+Quote Post
MARS
post 26 Dec 2012, 8:33
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

The Solaris' secondary fire mode is one of those features that were mentioned when we initially established the tech, but it wasn't planned to be a 1.8 addition, much like Jaeger's Pandora ability. It just seems more reasonable to mention all these features in one update, even if some of them will actually be added later, rather than having some tacked on 'oh, BTW, Solaris gets a new firem ode and Jaeger can call in nukes' reminder in a later update.

And yes, the neutron bomb is exactly supposed to kill most vehicles and only leave capturable husks of super-heavies and the occasional MBT that survives at the very edge of the blast zone. It was never intended to be that OP 'your tank blob is mine now' weapon we had in ZH.

+Quote Post
Stalker
post 26 Dec 2012, 8:54
Post #40

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 123

QUOTE (Shock @ 25 Dec 2012, 23:57) *
Download GenTools and you can get your Widescreen interface. Notice that this tool doesnt work with No-Cd cracked versions of generals.dat and generals.exe, so you will have to use a mini-image.

But then your UI is streched as hell. I'm talking about actual widescreen textures (with probably higher resolution), and changed .wnd files.

QUOTE (Anubis @ 26 Dec 2012, 0:27) *
To many defenses ... TO MANY DEFENSES ...

ECA is suppose to be a defense heavy faction. The reason they have so many is because each one is specialized in 1 exact role and only that. So to be more precise they have a wall, a really cheap/easy to deploy one, an anti-infantry one, AT, AA, anti-artillery and the howizter position which is more or less a defense since it's more a replacement for their lack of actual bombers. So i really don't see many defenses when you start looking at their roles and the fact that they are only good at that.

Kinda makes sense, since they are also micro-heavy. But filling different roles is a weakness imho. vZHs Laser General had one Building against everything (which is riddicolous). If you need a wall of 5-7 buildings up to be able to counter everything, you'll spend a lot of time building, trying to find out what's missing etc. But I guess it's fine. They all look really good anyway.

QUOTE (SorataZ @ 26 Dec 2012, 0:52) *
*beep* Wrong. Command sets are hardcoded, the amount of buttons is set to 18 max and the buttons 16 to 18 are already in use.

I know. But 18 is more than 14 isn't it? I didn't know about buttons 16-18 being in use though (for AI purposes?).

+Quote Post
Erich Honecker
post 26 Dec 2012, 11:07
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 9366

QUOTE (MARS @ 26 Dec 2012, 8:33) *
The Solaris' secondary fire mode is one of those features that were mentioned when we initially established the tech, but it wasn't planned to be a 1.8 addition, much like Jaeger's Pandora ability. It just seems more reasonable to mention all these features in one update, even if some of them will actually be added later, rather than having some tacked on 'oh, BTW, Solaris gets a new firem ode and Jaeger can call in nukes' reminder in a later update.

And yes, the neutron bomb is exactly supposed to kill most vehicles and only leave capturable husks of super-heavies and the occasional MBT that survives at the very edge of the blast zone. It was never intended to be that OP 'your tank blob is mine now' weapon we had in ZH.

Okay its just those features are really cool lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 26 Dec 2012, 13:07
Post #42

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

QUOTE (Celtic Warrior @ 25 Dec 2012, 20:09) *
I wish they would consider people who suck at RTS games...I'm not good at them. I enjoy them, but I'm not very good.

I liked the original easy ai, because I like to capture their buildings quickly and make up some kind of narrative happy.gif
Now there are so many defenses :S

I would also like to mention, that the original lag has increased significantly,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maxner12
post 26 Dec 2012, 13:56
Post #43

Group Icon

Member No.: 9552

Interestingly, the amount of lag has decreased for me. While in 1.72, a player vs 2 or 3 AI resulted in 15-18 fps after 15 minutes (given that the AIs spammed enough units). Saving the skirmish and reloading it made it return to the original smooth framerate, for 5 minutes.
Now in 1.8, this is completely gone. The game sometimes does a bigger lag, which means it suddenly drops below 10 fps, but then returns over 25, making it smooth. The parameters are still the same (player vs 2 or 3 AI on a large map). Either the Dev team could beef SAGE a bit and/or my new computer handles the game better than the old one.
Also, the new visuals are pretty and I love the range of the ECA vehicles. The pesky GLA bikes are not that annoying anymore. About the range of the vehicles, with the +25% range upgrade, Jagmammuts can shoot a bit further than they actually see. Handy and funny, if you play as the ECA. For the others, can be a bit of pain I presume. Furthermore, finally my turtling dreams came true with the ECA. Now I can build a full Maginot-line!
The medium AI works well, it can even hold it's ground for a time against Hard AI, given that the Hard AI is also occupied with another opponent.

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 26 Dec 2012, 14:18
Post #44

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

ECA: Turtling faction
Destiny: Turtler
Scenario: ECA turtling rendered useless by Russia smoke grenades and Infernos

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 26 Dec 2012, 14:26
Post #45

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Destiny @ 26 Dec 2012, 15:18) *
ECA: Turtling faction
Destiny: Turtler
Scenario: ECA turtling rendered useless by Russia smoke grenades and Infernos

ECA got all required stuff to render enemy artillery useless. Actually, it's pretty OP atm, but we just didn't have enough test games to check few things.

+Quote Post
Maxner12
post 26 Dec 2012, 14:33
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 9552

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 26 Dec 2012, 14:26) *
ECA got all required stuff to render enemy artillery useless. Actually, it's pretty OP atm, but we just didn't have enough test games to check few things.

Kind of agreeing here. If the ECA manages to build up a good defense line, it will take a lot of effort to break through that. SWs, General powers are the most cost effective. So far one of the "strategies" to use artillery against ECA, is to keep the mortar pits occupied with cannon fodder units and while they are shooting at the first bunch of units that popped into their field, your artillery will have a window of opportunity to shoot.

+Quote Post
PiratesYarrr
post 26 Dec 2012, 14:46
Post #47

Group Icon

Member No.: 9244

I have'nt had a chance to download it yet, but I look forward to it. Especially if there are some OP bits, makes it easier to get used to the mechanics in a way.

Besides, I like winning. It's why I don't play the newer versions of the Inqusition Daemonhunt mod for Dawn of War, since they actually balanced the new faction. I like my Inquistion being incredibly powerful

--------------------
Victorus aut Mortis!

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 26 Dec 2012, 16:07
Post #48

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

To all of those people complaining about the stretched UI, GenTool released a command bar that supports widescreen. If the Dev Team could have an expansion BIG file, that would be even better. But here is the files for the widescreen UI:
http://www.gentool.net/controlbar/

+Quote Post
Commander-GDI
post 26 Dec 2012, 16:37
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 9007

QUOTE (PiratesYarrr @ 26 Dec 2012, 14:46) *
I have'nt had a chance to download it yet, but I look forward to it. Especially if there are some OP bits, makes it easier to get used to the mechanics in a way.

Besides, I like winning. It's why I don't play the newer versions of the Inqusition Daemonhunt mod for Dawn of War, since they actually balanced the new faction. I like my Inquistion being incredibly powerful

commtent of the year for sure XD.gif

+Quote Post
z741
post 26 Dec 2012, 17:53
Post #50

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8990

just played ECA vs Hard ECA and i was amazed with the speed i got attacked. there was also a hard GLA. the ECA comp tried killing me and the GLA at the same time. and i feel the solaris is underpowered AOE wise. it takes 2 to kill a building and the bunker/hole under it. i think the effects of the solaris should linger long enough to kill the bunkers but the holes will just rebuild.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 June 2024 - 15:44