IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
About the Challenger Tank in ROTR 2.0 Rumor, Make it SPEAK GERMAN! BECAUSE YOU HAVE A GERMAN UNIT SPEAK BRITISH
WULF1045
post 17 Dec 2016, 1:20
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10600

Hey I heard of a rumor of that New ECA Tank the challenger.

here is my suggestion you have a German SPG unit that speak British and the tank is GERMAN Its and inspiration from the German PZH2000 you call it the CLAYMORE

So make that Challenger tank speak GERMAN! challenger 2 tank isn't heavy armoured btw it got knocked out by Rpg 21 in it's frontal the belly armour. if you read history!

Call it the Chacellor tank not challenger! a chancellor in Germany MEANS the head of government in Germany! Same to the Claymore tank! It was german and then switch to BRITISH!

This post has been edited by WULF1045: 17 Dec 2016, 1:24
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 17 Dec 2016, 5:35
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

This might be the cutest post of the day, you...I like you

--------------------

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 17 Dec 2016, 5:54
Post #3

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

*rants adorably* Wow,the thread description itself is eye catching.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 17 Dec 2016, 6:43
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (WULF1045 @ 17 Dec 2016, 1:20) *
Hey I heard of a rumor of that New ECA Tank the challenger.

here is my suggestion you have a German SPG unit that speak British and the tank is GERMAN Its and inspiration from the German PZH2000 you call it the CLAYMORE

So make that Challenger tank speak GERMAN! challenger 2 tank isn't heavy armoured btw it got knocked out by Rpg 21 in it's frontal the belly armour. if you read history!

Call it the Chacellor tank not challenger! a chancellor in Germany MEANS the head of government in Germany! Same to the Claymore tank! It was german and then switch to BRITISH!

The Claymore isn't inspired any more by the PzH 2000 than it is inspired by any other modern day tracked howitzer...such as the British AS90. It doesn't look (near) exactly like the PzH, therefore it is absurd to assume that it is meant to be the PzH, and the story has long established the Claymore as being an originally British warmachine as it is basically the signature unit of the British general in ROTR. Your entire argument is built on a baseless assumption. And even if we were to entertain the idea, turning the British Challenger into a German Chancellor - an absurd name for a tank as an actual German would tell you - would create a situation where the common ECA Leopard tank is German...and the unique general-exclusive one (of a British general no less) is somehow German too. Bland, boring and biased much?

Also, an RPG-21 doesn't even exist. The thing that penetrated the Challenger's front underside armour as it was driving upwards (as in, a structural weakpoint in a part where most tanks have one because it normally wouldn't be exposed) was a comparatively modern RPG-29. The impact also did not result in a kill of either crew or vehicle, and the driver still returned the tank safely back to base even with half his foot blown off.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 17 Dec 2016, 9:39
Post #5

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Nah, ship the german challengers.
Its perfect biggrin.gif

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 17 Dec 2016, 11:02
Post #6

Group Icon

All right then. Special ROTR addon in the attachment, makes the Challenger into the all German Wunderwaffe it was always meant to be.

This post has been edited by MARS: 17 Dec 2016, 11:03
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ECA_Herausforderer_Tank.jpg ( 135.31K ) Number of downloads: 78

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 17 Dec 2016, 11:17
Post #7

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

new ECA bbear replacement

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!

+Quote Post
Gracia
post 17 Dec 2016, 15:49
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 10907

that speak British

Creation: For Queen and Country!
Select1: u wot m8?
Select2: We fightin' the Jerries again?
Select3: You think Charles' drives one of these? What a tosser...
Select4: Don't mention the war!
Select5: Gif us a fag, ol' chap.
Move1: Hurry up, let's get going before the Bucket woman comes out, erm, Bouquet...
Move2: We goin' oop norf aye?
Move3: The Siegfried Line shouldn't be a problem now...
Move4: Please drive on the left side this time, the LEFT!
Move5: Try not to drive into people's gardens this time, Dave...
Attack1: Oh you bloody git, you ain't gettin' away!
Attack2: Should we privatise them?
Attack3: Send them back to Berlin! or, wherever it is they come from!
Attack4: GET OUTTA MAH PUB!
Attack5: Let's turn them into crumpets! Mmm, warm buttery crumpets...
Retreat1: Betty, milk and two sugars, ta...
Retreat2: Pull back boys, I left me Tesco Clubcard behind...
Retreat3: The Empire has fallen.
Retreat4: Some tea sounds good about now... and scones.
Retreat5: Sorry Kraut's, I'm not up to making a trilogy with you...

(no offence intended, meant to be light-hearted references)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 17 Dec 2016, 15:53
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

^^ brilliant
Move1: Hurry up, let's get going before the Bucket woman comes out, erm, Bouquet...
Select4: Don't mention the war!

best 2 biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 17 Dec 2016, 16:14
Post #10

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

QUOTE (WULF1045 @ 17 Dec 2016, 9:20) *
So make that Leman Russ tank speak GOTHIC! Rhino transport isn't heavy armoured btw it got knocked out by a lasgun in it's frontal the belly armour. if you read codex!

Wut?

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 17 Dec 2016, 22:52
Post #11

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Jesus Jie

/

This post has been edited by {Lads}RikerZZZ: 17 Dec 2016, 22:53

--------------------

+Quote Post
WULF1045
post 20 Dec 2016, 21:19
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 17 Dec 2016, 12:02) *
All right then. Special ROTR addon in the attachment, makes the Challenger into the all German Wunderwaffe it was always meant to be.

The claymore looks more like the PZH 2000 the design could go toe to toe

but the Challenger 2 didn't saw much action I can't say its proven as well America leads the war in the middle east more not even a lot of video of Challenger running to IED's than the Leopard

AND Watch video leopard 2a6 discovery channel

LEOPARD WAS BEST

By the way I have really good suggestions on how it should talk

This post has been edited by WULF1045: 20 Dec 2016, 21:26

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 20 Dec 2016, 23:15
Post #13

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (WULF1045 @ 20 Dec 2016, 21:19) *
By the way I have really good suggestions on (irrelevant)

Suggestions are not allowed.

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
MARS
post 21 Dec 2016, 7:06
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (WULF1045 @ 20 Dec 2016, 21:19) *
The claymore looks more like the PZH 2000 the design could go toe to toe

but the Challenger 2 didn't saw much action I can't say its proven as well America leads the war in the middle east more not even a lot of video of Challenger running to IED's than the Leopard

AND Watch video leopard 2a6 discovery channel

LEOPARD WAS BEST

By the way I have really good suggestions on how it should talk

As an actual German myself, I am tired as hell of random people on the internet fawning over how awesome German military hardware is without having the slightest clue of things besides what they heard in pop infotainment documentaries. Yes, the Leopard 2 series is considered one of the world's best, it has been widely exported and upgraded repeatedly throughout the years. But none of that changes the fact that Leopard 2s have never engaged in combat with other tanks. Abrams and Challengers may have battled inferior Iraqi knockoff T-72s, but they have fought other tanks. The Leopard 2 is probably a fine machine nonetheless, but I am sick and tired of people giving it that inflated prima donna reputation just because 'it's German, therefore it must be the superior because I read about Tiger tanks in WW2'.

Every single thing you've raised in this thread is based on present-day, real-life derived assumptions that are irrelevant for ROTR's fictional, futuristic, Zero Hour derived setting. It doesn't matter what everyone's favourite modern day tank is, all that matters is: What makes sense, thematically and in gameplay terms, for ROTR with its fictional mid-2040s timeframe. In that, you already have a future Leopard 3 tank which, like its predecessor, is nothing alike with the one that came before it besides the name. It is German made, used as the ECA's primary tank, therefore it would make no sense for the British general to have another German tank to replace it. A hypothetical Challenger 3 on the other hand would be appropriate, which is why he'll have one.

As for the Claymore...
Claymore reference
PzH-2000 reference
Notice how the entire front section is different, with the part of the chassis that covers the treads extending far beyond the area of the driver space. Notice that the treads are proportionally huge in comparison to the PzH. Notice how the side covers of the treads don't have that distinct wavy outline. Notice how the rear end of the treads is inexplicably exposed. Notice how the turret, which is arguably the most reminiscent part, is not wide enough as to line up with the width of the chassis. Notice how the turret front actually has what might be a shot trap right below the gun mantlet. Notice all sorts of little elements, like the huge muzzle brake on the Claymore, or the barrel stabiliser (not visible in the PzH-2000 picture, but different from the one it has), the apparent lack of a second turret hatch on the Claymore and the exposed side position of the one it has, etc.

Wolfgang was at some point in the past considered to receive an artillery based on the PzH-2000. This was at a time when the decision and the design for Charles' Claymore, as you see it right now, was already set in stone. The Claymore is a fictional creation with a British story background for a British general, whereas Wolfgang was supposed to have the actual PzH-2000, but that idea was eventually dropped, because we felt that the tank/infantry-based general shouldn't have a unique howitzer to contest with the general who is actually all about long range weaponry. This means that in 2.0, both Wolfgang and Willem will have the same yet-to-be-reveiled T2 artillery unit - which won't be based on the PzH-2000 but something else entirely - wheras Charles will have the Claymore instead. And no amount of complaining to the effect of 'muh German Kruppstahl Wunderwaffe' will change that.

That said, if you still want to write up some voice lines for how you think a hypothetical, additional, redundant German tank or howitzer should talk, then by all means, entertain us.

This post has been edited by MARS: 21 Dec 2016, 10:58

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 22 Dec 2016, 10:04
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

add irn cuz they gla not realistick, iran i saw great article on vikipedia has f14 and best tank
add iran f14 to be bomber best in game , every one loves top gunnn so add it you must

+Quote Post
WULF1045
post 23 Dec 2016, 2:58
Post #16

Group Icon

Hey read this they're fighting in syria Only Leopard 2A4's it's outdated but lets see how will it go against equal technology. now so read it first than just watching video they are links for the action Report

https://southfront.org/first-turkish-leopar...in-syria-video/
https://southfront.org/isis-hits-2-more-tur...n-syria-photos/
http://below-the-turret-ring.blogspot.ca/2...2-in-syria.html

This post has been edited by WULF1045: 23 Dec 2016, 3:02

+Quote Post
MARS
post 23 Dec 2016, 6:10
Post #17

Group Icon

Hey read this they're fighting in syria

Where several of them have already gotten wiped out by ATGMs, as can be seen in those as well as other articles.
This is tangential to the conversation at best, since it has nothing to do with tanks in ROTR and it comes as little suprise that a tank, advanced and expensive as it may be, gets beaten by the very category of weapon whose dedicated purpose is to hard-counter tanks.

Only Leopard 2A4's it's outdated but lets see how will it go against equal technology.

I'd rather not. Finding a definitive answer to the tiresome "what's the best tank?" debates on the internet isn't worth WW3 to me.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 23 Dec 2016, 15:32
Post #18

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

This silly topic has been going on long enough, the answer is NO, end of story.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 1:17