Reply to this topicStart new topic
Small suggestion, that may sound dumb
Nemanja
post 8 Jan 2017, 23:42
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9081

It happened couple of times when I played against enemies in certain color that I missed seeing them
they built superweapons until it was too late.
I know even if ECA and Russia would get new custom EVA VOs, still there would be problems because
USAs,Chinese, and GLAs EVA wouldn't be able to announce Russia's and ECA's superweapon.

So what I am proposing is, can we get some sound of notification that is not human voice,
some siren or something ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fishleg
post 9 Jan 2017, 7:40
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 13804

Same here. Maybe a countdown?

+Quote Post
Jet02
post 9 Jan 2017, 8:32
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 13185

Don't superweapons reveal themselves on the map? And there is a countdown.

This post has been edited by Jet02: 9 Jan 2017, 8:32

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 9 Jan 2017, 8:35
Post #4

Group Icon

Yes.
But sometimes when AI is throwing everything at you from all directions you miss it.
In original ZH and Generals EVA would notify you that your enemy has built one, but now vocal notifications are gone due to new factions.

+Quote Post
Scud
post 9 Jan 2017, 12:09
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 11600

Yeah, we could find some people to do the new voices for free, there is a lot of VA on newgrounds.

--------------------
AzizAmbush to Bruce: "No, you take the oil, you're America"

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 9 Jan 2017, 12:55
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

QUOTE (re_simeone @ 9 Jan 2017, 12:35) *
Yes.
But sometimes when AI is throwing everything at you from all directions you miss it.
In original ZH and Generals EVA would notify you that your enemy has built one, but now vocal notifications are gone due to new factions.

THat sounds strange dont you find? Game show countdown of SW and you see it on the map. If you cannot manage what happening on the battlefield this is not the reason to add something "special for you". It's the same thing if I will suggest to add new sound when enemy try to flank my base and I forget to build radar and move my eyes to minimap sometimes. Pls add this thing coz I'm too lazy to build radar and watch on minimap XD.gif

This post has been edited by XAOC-RU-: 9 Jan 2017, 12:55

+Quote Post
atmospheric
post 9 Jan 2017, 13:58
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 13346

QUOTE (Jet02 @ 9 Jan 2017, 0:32) *
Don't superweapons reveal themselves on the map? And there is a countdown.

Power requiring factions except the GLA, if their power is low, their superweapon wouldn't reveal themselves on the map because there is no countdown. However you do realize that they have built one and you need to scout their base to know where it has been built.

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 9 Jan 2017, 14:10
Post #8

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

Although suggestions arent allowed. This is one in a thousand suggestions that is reasonable.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jet02
post 9 Jan 2017, 14:46
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 13185

QUOTE (*atmospheric* @ 9 Jan 2017, 20:58) *
Power requiring factions except the GLA, if their power is low, their superweapon wouldn't reveal themselves on the map because there is no countdown.

IMMSMW the countdown just pauses.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 9 Jan 2017, 22:54
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (XAOC-RU- @ 9 Jan 2017, 12:55) *
THat sounds strange dont you find? Game show countdown of SW and you see it on the map. If you cannot manage what happening on the battlefield this is not the reason to add something "special for you". It's the same thing if I will suggest to add new sound when enemy try to flank my base and I forget to build radar and move my eyes to minimap sometimes. Pls add this thing coz I'm too lazy to build radar and watch on minimap XD.gif

Yes. But I figured it out hard way why there was vocal notification for SWs in C&C games, well I can track it back at least to RA2,
that got removed from ROTR.
Something special for me ? Sound for flanking, what are you making jokes of me now ?
I showed understanding why something that was always in the original game got removed, and proposed alternative.
Please refrain from acting like that, I don't wanna break forum rules.

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 10 Jan 2017, 4:37
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

QUOTE (re_simeone @ 10 Jan 2017, 2:54) *
Yes. But I figured it out hard way why there was vocal notification for SWs in C&C games, well I can track it back at least to RA2,
that got removed from ROTR.
Something special for me ? Sound for flanking, what are you making jokes of me now ?
I showed understanding why something that was always in the original game got removed, and proposed alternative.
Please refrain from acting like that, I don't wanna break forum rules.

ROTR is mod of CNC series but that doesnt mean that all things that exist in this games should be repeated in this mod. This notification maybe ok for red alert maybe but ROTR is different game and I really like that some things from orig games do not exist anymore. SW is a big treat but that doesnt mean that this should me another voice in the game. There a lot of treatment in the game which voiced and I dont want moments when I will be distracted by this voice or sound when something more important happening in my base. But for you maybe is more important to hear when SW is ready because you can miss that countdown numbers and minimap reveal for more than 5 or even 7 minutes (type of sw) and then find that your opponent have SW only after he use it on you. Yeah ROTR miss voice notifitation like "we found a tremor" when it done or "tremor is firing" but thats ok for ROTR.

This post has been edited by XAOC-RU-: 10 Jan 2017, 4:41

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 10 Jan 2017, 5:38
Post #12

Group Icon

This kind of notification was present in both Generals and ZH, and it is obvious that only reason why it got removed is because
GLA/Chinese/USAs EVA wouldn't be able to announce Tremor or Solar Relay has been built, neither ECAs or Russia's EVA can announce
any of the SWs since they are EVAs ported from RA3. I am pretty sure team didn't remove all of the notifications because :

"SW is a big treat but that doesnt mean that this should me another voice in the game. There a lot of treatment in the game which voiced and I dont want moments when I will be distracted by this voice or sound when something more important happening in my base."
but because it would feel odd that some factions would have that same notifications, while others not.

Don't even know what to say about Your argument about distraction.

But as countdown, yes, no matter how much silly it sounds, even with bigger countdown's, it happened several times,
that I was really distracted, since new AI is really challenging, and noticed SW was built when more than half of its timer
went away.

Adding some non human sound, notification to all factions wouldn't hurt anyone.
Or maybe some ROTR unit voiced by someone from team informing commander live from Battlefield,
in similar fashion like when Conscripts or Felins notify you your base has been attacked, this time notifying you that SW has been built.

+Quote Post
Arc
post 10 Jan 2017, 8:50
Post #13

"Filthy" Casual
Group Icon

Member No.: 10666
One does not simply suggest ideas to SWR.

I am pretty sure the voices are hard coded to be limited. So they wouldn't be able to do it either way.

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 11 Jan 2017, 1:22
Post #14

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

The suggestion is good.
You have my approval. beer1.gif

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 11 Jan 2017, 3:10
Post #15

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

IIRC something like a generic buzzer sound is already planned.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 12:25