IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Aurora Hurricane, It's a bouncing baby suggestion!
Darky
post 14 Jan 2014, 13:53
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9643

Unit Name: Aurora Hurricane

Description: Capable of the same supersonic speeds as the regular Aurora, the Aurora Hurricane trades its powerful bomb for a pair of Long Range Anti-Ship missiles. These missiles have the same extreme range and they can also be used against stationary ground targets, but they lack guidance against ground units.

The Aurora Hurricane also dumps three sets of 12 chaffs after launching its missiles, temporarily making it immune to tracking by ballistic weapons, but it does not protect it against missile locks from infantry units.

The extra payload means the Aurora Hurricane takes wider turns, but it is just as fast as its bomb-carrying counterpart.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Zeke
post 23 Jan 2014, 15:16
Post #2

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

Since n5p29 is having problems accessing the forums right now, I'm gonna reply for him. The idea is rejected due to violating suggestion rule no. 4: "Prevent suggesting a unit that already in the game or essentially have similar niche." As it stands there's very little difference between this unit and the normal aurora, so there's not much reason to add it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darky
post 23 Jan 2014, 15:26
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9643

QUOTE (Zeke @ 23 Jan 2014, 16:16) *
Since n5p29 is having problems accessing the forums right now, I'm gonna reply for him. The idea is rejected due to violating suggestion rule no. 4: "Prevent suggesting a unit that already in the game or essentially have similar niche." As it stands there's very little difference between this unit and the normal aurora, so there's not much reason to add it.

I understand, however long range anti-ship missiles are quite different from bombs, and I feel that they fit the theme better. It also gets unique chaffs that disrupt radar tracking, so I'm still asking you to consider at least parts of the suggestion.

It was also made under the assumption that Aurora would be removed, so the current Aurora could still be open for changes.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 23:05