Reply to this topicStart new topic
Stories~~~
Jam Hacker
post 18 Mar 2015, 7:05
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10272

right. so i was never good with writing novels. but im worse with describing technical stuff.
so i need to practice some. character development and continuity nod stuff. I base my time loosely on the wikia timeline.
i have a few short stories in mind. Battle of Ramsgate, Fall of Berlin, Jaeger resistance and such. I might never get to finish anything beyond this first one though.
anyway. here goes nothing.

November 12, 2044.
- "The Polish military attaché Major Erasmus Kowalewski was found dead in his residence last night, the Russian police claimed that it was an terrorist attack perpetrated by the notorious GLA. The latter have yet to release any comments on this incident. The Kremlin speaker Petrov has this to say:
- '... Russia will do its best ensuring the safety of the public, and specifically the persons and belongings of all foreign diplomats. The situation is under control, and rest assured, we will not allow the tragedy to repeat.'
-" Our reporter in Moscow have told us that Russian security forces have been deployed around the embassies and the police have started armed patrols on major streets. The Russian public have mostly shown apathy on this subject. Our investigators have also brought up a few suspicions...
- "With the recent Solaris affairs and the constant tension between Russia and the rest of Europe, could there be any foul plays? Stay tuned in with ECAN, and we'll keep you posted"

“Alea Iacta Est”

Three Months later.
Situation room.
The meeting have been going on for little short of four hours. President Nicolai Suvorov was staring at the map on the wall screen with a thousand yard gaze. His brooding affect was only disrupted by the sudden dashes of arrows on the map. Before the map stands an eerie silhouette, whose visage now hides in the bright lights from behind.
It was a unearthly man. A Patriot, A Hero, and Champion of Mother Russia.
"We think they might have gone through one of these routes. Mr. President, we mustn't downplay the gravity of this incident. The Europeans now have the capability to go in such depth and hit our bases in Kaliningrad. We should act before their next move."
Suvorov surveyed all the faces around the table, all of them in grim slience, and finally stopped at General Zhukov.
Zhukov chinned up, his expression told Suvorov that he didn't buy any of what his colleague and the media said.
"Well?"
"I still think it is precipitate to pin this incident on the Euros, Mr. President.As I was speaking, my men told me that they heard those alleged ECA commandos slipped in perfected Russian as they were dyi--"
"-- Oh for Heaven's sake!" interrupted curtly the shadowy figure, his tilted contour displayed great impatience.
Suvorov signed both to stop and resumed his gaze upon the map. Everything hangs in the air, twisting, flickering, twining, ascending -- to the void of darkness.The only thing audible was the shadow's heavy breath.
Finally the president's hand reached out as he turned to the silhouette; it took him a gulp of water and another sip of thin air to utter the eerie sound:"This will start a terrible war, you know."
Zhukov was almost certain he saw a slight grin on the shadow's face--
"No, Mr. President. We already are at war."

The "war" has been waging for a week. There was no screams of shells, nor stench of smokes, not even a single shot fired.
All quiet on the western front, but Chief of General Staff Vasilievsky finds himself at odds with the elusive man in shadow, and he is loosing.
"Mr. President, even those who with little military knowledge would understand the disadvantages Plan Rogue has. Frontal assault will increase our casualty projection by two folds. We have no right to sacrifice these men needlessly, nor can we suffer such heavy burden."
"General Vasilievsky does not seem to fully appreciate the power of modern technology that has made strategic surprise unachievable, save for the initial stage. Look how GLA was beaten back by US and China. Besides I have three shock divisions as reserves that will guarantee a victory over the Poles. Which is why General Ostrovsky, General Popov and I still suggest Plan Rogue, we will crush them with swift and relentless assault." the shadow shoots a glance at Vasilievsky: "I had but a company of them when I was at Kurmuk."
Suvorov leans back on his chair with fingers interlocked, listening thei rebuke with a certain amusement, then asked: "What about regulars' casualties?"
"Sir, it is necessary for the future of Russia, I suggest introducing conscription, and I shall work on expending the shock corps in the meantime."
Suvorov contemplated for a while and gave him a nod: "We will use the Plan Rogue as the basis, but we also need to incorporate Plan Ascendancy, I like the bit about Orlov's Tula Division. Vasilievsky, I want you to finalize the plan. And you are entrusted with this great endeavor, may you lead our troops to glorious victory --" he stands up, and the shadow starts moving towards him, his features puzzle out a bit more with each step until he fully immerses into the luminous lights --
"General Aleksandr!"

March 7, every Russian officers from divisional up received an envelop marked Top Secret. In less than fifty hours, the fateful Operation Rogue-Ascendancy would commence.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 4:15