Zeke
post 27 Sep 2012, 5:48
Post #1

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

2020, the world's economic crisis went even deeper. With natural resources slowly depleting, a huge
energy crisis was on the horizon.

2033, An asteroid collides with Earth, the events that follow spilt the world into 4 main factions.

2055, all out conflict starts between the 4 factions.

Whose side are you on?

Click on a picture to learn more about the each faction.

You can read the full story here

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to announce NLS' latest mod project "C&C Deep Impact"

If you have any questions kindly head to our FAQ page.

But for now on with the update

For our first update we're showing of 3 renders for the WEA Faction, starting with the Solar Furnace.

The Solar Furnace is the main power source of the WEA. Using highly focused solar beams reflected by space based mirrors, each building provides a huge amount of power. And if that's not enough, each building can also be upgraded with extra turbines.

Furnace FX preview:
Solar Furnace FX

Next we have the WEA Command Center

The heart of every WEA base, the command center holds all of the WEA support powers. The CC is also able to construct construction drones to build up your base.

Finally, we have the most HD model in the history of C&C!

It's so HD it will push the capabilities of the SAGE engine like nothing else before.

I give you the WEA wall segment! Bask in it's eternal glory!

Yes! Deep Impact will have walls! They will be built just like any other structure, but you can choose between placing 1, 3, and 5 segments at a time.

As an added bonus to celebrate the mod's unveiling here is a bonus WIP render of the AC Abrams Tank.

That's it for now. Tune in next time

This post has been edited by Zeke: 7 Apr 2017, 13:01

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 27 Sep 2012, 6:56
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Interesting premise and I do like those faction logos. The WEA and Solar Furnace backstory is quite reminiscent of our ECA and Solaris, if a bit more extreme. The respective updates haven't been posted yet, but I wrote them down several months ago. wink.gif
Incidentally, there is a slim chance that an asteroid called Apophis might actually hit Earth in 2036, if it passes through a certain gravitational 'keyhole' during its near approach in 2029.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 27 Sep 2012, 7:49
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

Interesting concept. Good luck with it. I have about a dozen questions swirling around my head right now but maybe I better ask later.

The renders look great. I am so lucky to be able to bask in the glory of the wall segment! Love the building designs, specially the "laser fences" around them. That's a nice, new, refreshing shape for a command center.

BTW those antenna like things on top the command center, those "antenna" on the Abrams... oh well.

And yeah the faction logos look awesome. As for the name of the mod itself... dunno if that's the best possible name but it reflects the beginning and cause of the story I guess.

This post has been edited by SpiralSpectre: 27 Sep 2012, 7:50

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 27 Sep 2012, 8:35
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

MARS - the resembling is pretty much coincidental. I based my WEA design on 3 things - star wars - the empire, james bond with that solar satellite in one of the movies ( forgot which one ) and finally the greedy assholes nature of both usa and eu. And in the storyline i also added a few mass effect ester eggs. Lol Apophis - i hope he won't be the mithological snake that eats Ra every night tongue.gif

Spiral - Tks. We hope now with the combo of this 3 mods, we won't get demoralized and have huge work hiatuses all the time. Then again one can only hope. Also if you think this name is cheesy, you don't wanna see the other options we considered tongue.gif.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 27 Sep 2012, 8:36

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 27 Sep 2012, 10:00
Post #5

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

Don't worry, you guys will be fine. The project looks really ambitious at first glance and not a simple mod that only adds new units and buildings. You guys probably won't easily lack enthusiasm when working on something as creative as this. Again, best of luck!

Um.. just wanted to point out the obvious - this mod is obviously going to bring up all sorts of comparisons and stuff real soon. Hope you guys are up for it. Like WEA's sub-factions are Continental Defense and Mechanised Assault. Both sub-factions have heavy defenses and limited air capabilities. Both have good infantry. One has strong gunships, other has infantry-vehicle combo. You know what is going to happen.

BTW it would be really nice you let us more on the intended gameplay styles and military doctrines of the factions. Right now we know the sub-factions, both WEA and AC seem based on ZH US style looks and gameplay while ADF and WLF obviously seem based on China and GLA respectively. A bit more would clear up a lot. Specially since it is planned to be a total conversion and we know little about the gameplay.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 27 Sep 2012, 11:50
Post #6

Group Icon

The faction play styles are actually based on the storyline and nothing else.

As you can see AC needs mobility and firepower to keep it's extremely spread out territories. So my logical choice was airforce for mobility and hvy ground forces to keep control. Armor Command is basically tank general on steroids while airforce makes uses of advanced drone technology and fucktons of air units.

WEA is basically at war with a far superior in numbers faction for decades. Add to that the fact they try to keep immigration as low as possible for financial/social reasons and their only choice was to go heavy on defenses. Europe is already in RL in a population downfall so by the mod's timeline open warfare with russia/china/india is not really an option for them. They had to entrench and prepare for urban/trench warfare - which means giving infantry a superior role. Continetal defense is basically close to usa's alexander being rather limited in terms of direct assault. It's basicly a turtler's dream faction. Mechanized assault while still having a strong defense, can also go for a more offensive style. Their unique vehicles however are weak on their own but when combined with infantry they become really strong.

ADF is a combo between russian tech and chinese numbers but also having a bit of a turtle in them. Ballistics command for example is a combo of turtling and fire support - in a way you could say they have a few things in common with ECA. Infantry on the other hand is the spam lord of this mod. They have weak vehicles that basically complement infantry and a huge variety of infantry. But their strength is epic numbers.

WLF - i will reserve details for later on them. All i can say is that lore wise they are no longer religious fanatics, but more or less desperate people who want to survive. Think of them as the Forgotten in the tiberium universe.

Well here is a bit of gameplay stuff. We are going to use a 3 level tier system. Each tier will have it's own units and defenses.
Tier 1 defenses counter tier 1 units in general.
Tier 2 defenses counter both tier 1 and 2 units but get craked by tier 2 artillery.
Tier 3 defenses counter T1 and T2 units and arty as well as T3 units but get cracked by T3 arty.
We will have at tier 3 a special building, unique to each faction, that gives a certain bonus - think of the RA2 ore purifier, industrial plant etc.
Airfield are gone for all factions. We are going for a RA3 style air combat so that dogfights would be possible. Basically all air units are either vtol's or helicopters/gunships. The only fixed wing planes will be for special powers ( Act of War style ).
Oh and most important - all factions will have the useless WALLS tongue.gif.

This are some of the major changes. There are others but i can't tell everything tongue.gif.

As for doctrines. All factions are both good and evil. To put it in short.

WEA - they went a bit nazi after ZH and the deep impact event. They ejected all muslims in europe after ZH for fear of any other events like that, they have a military rule made out of a federal council. And they don't give a damn if they have to kill half the world as long as the citizens of the alliance live well. They are also the only ones left with an active space program so that makes them the superior tech race in the game.

AC - look at modern day USA. That basically explains everything. Only in this mod they are alot more expansionist. This time however they lost most of their space tech as well as their space program. This makes them highly volatile (not knowing all the stuff they used to) and a bit paranoid.

ADF - think of russia's epic pride with china's epic iron fist and all of asia's huge population to keep under control. They are by nature more totalitarian, but also by situation. Having to control more than 4 billion people is frekin hard. And they still feel screwed by europeans and americans for not having the solar furnace tech. So there's also a grudge in their case.

WLF - this guys are basicly the good guys gone bad out of desperation. They represent eastern europe, the arab peninsula and what's left of africa. Basically the territories every other force is fucking with. All they want is freedom. order and respect. Sadly the only thing they get is hunger, diseases, corruption and lots of lots of dead. One can imagine how this situation would transform people. 99% of WLF members have seen family members die either to hunger/disease caused by political problems or killed in WEA/AC/ADF clashes.

I hope this explains stuff a bit.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 27 Sep 2012, 11:55

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 27 Sep 2012, 14:02
Post #7

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

Thanks. Yeah that answers a lot questions.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 27 Sep 2012, 18:11
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Simply amazing!

I loved the approach of the storyline for each faction reminds me of the chaotic scenario of Tiberian Sun, the plot is deep as the official games of the series C&C.

Reading about the AC faction became clear that the Americans are imperialists more than ever, to the point of invading a country like Brazil to exploit natural resources. The approach on the theme 'Brazil-United States & natural resources' was very realistic to the point of fiction and reality were very close.

I sincerely hope that in the future this question between Brazil and the United States stand being just a 'work of fiction' the government of my country (Brazil) adopted a new policy which provides for heavy investment in security to protect the borders against a possible invasion foreign, principally on the borders of the Amazon Forest.

The art is very well done, the symbols of the factions were also very nice, I liked the futuristic touch that is something that you and your team do well.

I have a good impression of this work, I will wait anxiously for the next update and more details of the plot of the game. smile.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 27 Sep 2012, 18:17
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Those faction symbols look pretty ace kudos to whomever designed them 8]

the structure textures look a wee bit bland for my liking and also that symbol on the solar furnace would look alot better if it had the same golden colors it has on the banner in the top of your post.
I do like the design of that dish on the command center however.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Evan
post 28 Sep 2012, 21:11
Post #10

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 8893

I would beta test the shit out of this game lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 29 Sep 2012, 9:07
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Wow looking good zeke! smile.gif What made you host the mod here? Dont you guys have your own forum for the other projects?

EDIT: Nvm dude just read the FAQ glad to see resources from each of the projects are being pooled into this smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jester: 29 Sep 2012, 9:10

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 29 Sep 2012, 13:48
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

I read in the FAQ that his newest project 'Deep Impact' is actually a fusion of his three previous projects, this idea is brilliant, the contents of GenX is very interesting for the current project and really all those units 'hightech' to just a mod that would 'improve' the old ZH would be a waste.

Another highlight is the contents of the 'European Conflict' - The essence of 'Deep Impact' seems to have originated in the 'European Conflict' I had loved the textures created for units and structures they were very realistic and kept the style of Zero Hour as luck we will see more of those textures 'ultra-cool' smile.gif in his latest project.

You guys must have developed much of the content, hopefully in 2013 is available to Beta version so we can better understand what is this great project called 'Deep Impact'.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 30 Sep 2012, 4:21
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

This mod sounds familiar to one that some group was working on. So SWR team has taken over the project. Does this mean that ROTR is going to get less updates as the team switches focus to the new mod? However, I like the storyline and factions, though I slightly wish China and Russia weren't grouped together.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 30 Sep 2012, 6:07
Post #14

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Panzer4life @ 30 Sep 2012, 11:21) *
So SWR team has taken over the project.

Ahem

QUOTE (Zeke @ 27 Sep 2012, 12:48) *
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to announce NLS' latest mod project "C&C Deep Impact"

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 30 Sep 2012, 7:29
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Panzer4life @ 30 Sep 2012, 5:21) *
This mod sounds familiar to one that some group was working on. So SWR team has taken over the project. Does this mean that ROTR is going to get less updates as the team switches focus to the new mod? However, I like the storyline and factions, though I slightly wish China and Russia weren't grouped together.

The SWR team has not 'taken over' the mod. It is merely -hosted- on the SWR Productions forum. We neither have nor wish to have any creative influence over this project as it runs entirely seperate from ours. Like Zeke said: This is still a genuine NLS project. We merely provide the platform for PR and discussions on this forum.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 30 Sep 2012, 9:11
Post #16

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

As stated, Deep Impact as well as several other projects will begin poping up on SWR Productions but are not by any means being worked on by us but hosted. You'll start seeing a few others arrive as well so please welcome them accordingly aw.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 30 Sep 2012, 14:37
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

Alright then, will they have their own sub-forum for easy access for discussion?

+Quote Post
Alias
post 30 Sep 2012, 15:18
Post #18

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

You're in their subforum already.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 30 Sep 2012, 15:28
Post #19

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 30 Sep 2012, 14:11) *
As stated, Deep Impact as well as several other projects will begin poping up on SWR Productions but are not by any means being worked on by us but hosted. You'll start seeing a few others arrive as well so please welcome them accordingly aw.gif

Sounds fun. And that's really nice of you guys. Don't worry about the welcome, we'll roll out the red carpet.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 30 Sep 2012, 17:36
Post #20

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Hmm, instead of choosing to place 1, 3, or 5 wall segments at a time, why don't you do what C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux did with theirs, by using the Wall Build logic, and hacking it so it works?

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 30 Sep 2012, 17:36

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 30 Sep 2012, 23:44
Post #21

Group Icon

Cause we added walls for the sake of it. In generals walls are nothing but an esthetic thing, as they really don't have any actual strategic importance ( except maybe if you mass them like crazy and troll your enemy till he rage quits ). Plus why make it easy tongue.gif.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 30 Sep 2012, 23:44

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 2 Oct 2012, 1:54
Post #22

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

...why add them at all then? If all they do is drain a player's cash, then it seems rather pointless to put them in except as a map prop.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 2 Oct 2012, 3:06
Post #23

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

It's for people who want to use them. And they do actually have a tactical purpose, to block off choke points without having to use expensive power consuming defences, effectively stopping the "I'll just use these fast units to quickly drive by their defences till they're out of range" tactic.

Also IIRC, the tdrx wall system only works for their MCV mechanic, it doesn't work for normal dozers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dominici
post 13 Mar 2013, 0:10
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 9815

Could the wall segments be upgraded to have doors ot something to let friendly units out? Possilbly be upgraded to have guns/early warning systems on them?

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 13 Mar 2013, 4:03
Post #25

The X General
Group Icon

Uniqueness is Overrated

The guns idea sounds interesting, but adding doors is uncodeable.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 March 2024 - 7:48