post 15 Mar 2013, 0:35
Post #26

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

QUOTE (Anubis @ 27 Sep 2012, 12:50) *
The faction play styles are actually based on the storyline and nothing else.

As you can see AC needs mobility and firepower to keep it's extremely spread out territories. So my logical choice was airforce for mobility and hvy ground forces to keep control. Armor Command is basically tank general on steroids while airforce makes uses of advanced drone technology and fucktons of air units.

WEA is basically at war with a far superior in numbers faction for decades. Add to that the fact they try to keep immigration as low as possible for financial/social reasons and their only choice was to go heavy on defenses. Europe is already in RL in a population downfall so by the mod's timeline open warfare with russia/china/india is not really an option for them. They had to entrench and prepare for urban/trench warfare - which means giving infantry a superior role. Continetal defense is basically close to usa's alexander being rather limited in terms of direct assault. It's basicly a turtler's dream faction. Mechanized assault while still having a strong defense, can also go for a more offensive style. Their unique vehicles however are weak on their own but when combined with infantry they become really strong.

ADF is a combo between russian tech and chinese numbers but also having a bit of a turtle in them. Ballistics command for example is a combo of turtling and fire support - in a way you could say they have a few things in common with ECA. Infantry on the other hand is the spam lord of this mod. They have weak vehicles that basically complement infantry and a huge variety of infantry. But their strength is epic numbers.

WLF - i will reserve details for later on them. All i can say is that lore wise they are no longer religious fanatics, but more or less desperate people who want to survive. Think of them as the Forgotten in the tiberium universe.

Well here is a bit of gameplay stuff. We are going to use a 3 level tier system. Each tier will have it's own units and defenses.
Tier 1 defenses counter tier 1 units in general.
Tier 2 defenses counter both tier 1 and 2 units but get craked by tier 2 artillery.
Tier 3 defenses counter T1 and T2 units and arty as well as T3 units but get cracked by T3 arty.
We will have at tier 3 a special building, unique to each faction, that gives a certain bonus - think of the RA2 ore purifier, industrial plant etc.
Airfield are gone for all factions. We are going for a RA3 style air combat so that dogfights would be possible. Basically all air units are either vtol's or helicopters/gunships. The only fixed wing planes will be for special powers ( Act of War style ).
Oh and most important - all factions will have the useless WALLS tongue.gif.

This are some of the major changes. There are others but i can't tell everything tongue.gif.

As for doctrines. All factions are both good and evil. To put it in short.

WEA - they went a bit nazi after ZH and the deep impact event. They ejected all muslims in europe after ZH for fear of any other events like that, they have a military rule made out of a federal council. And they don't give a damn if they have to kill half the world as long as the citizens of the alliance live well. They are also the only ones left with an active space program so that makes them the superior tech race in the game.

AC - look at modern day USA. That basically explains everything. Only in this mod they are alot more expansionist. This time however they lost most of their space tech as well as their space program. This makes them highly volatile (not knowing all the stuff they used to) and a bit paranoid.

ADF - think of russia's epic pride with china's epic iron fist and all of asia's huge population to keep under control. They are by nature more totalitarian, but also by situation. Having to control more than 4 billion people is frekin hard. And they still feel screwed by europeans and americans for not having the solar furnace tech. So there's also a grudge in their case.

WLF - this guys are basicly the good guys gone bad out of desperation. They represent eastern europe, the arab peninsula and what's left of africa. Basically the territories every other force is fucking with. All they want is freedom. order and respect. Sadly the only thing they get is hunger, diseases, corruption and lots of lots of dead. One can imagine how this situation would transform people. 99% of WLF members have seen family members die either to hunger/disease caused by political problems or killed in WEA/AC/ADF clashes.

I hope this explains stuff a bit.

I like how, just like in RotR, the factions are not good or evil, black or white. They're grey.

I mean, you got the forced dictatorships of the ADF and the WEA, the desperate WLF terrorists, and the USA forced to turn expansionist and imperialist.

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dominici
post 30 Mar 2013, 22:10
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9815

Karpet, all I see is multiply EUs from differant cultures.

+Quote Post
CoLT
post 31 Mar 2013, 16:45
Post #28

C&C:Reichsmarsch Mod Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9264

QUOTE (Dominici @ 31 Mar 2013, 5:10) *

Either you're a terrible troll and should GTFO or you simply refuse to read, in which case you should also GTFO.

The post actually clearly states the nationality and style of each individual faction. Furthermore, not much else has been revealed yet so how in the hell do you draw the conclusion that any of them are the same?
It's a wonder anybody wants to make mods for download anymore when the people who play them are like this.

--------------------

Visit our ModDB

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 9 Apr 2013, 5:25
Post #29

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dominici @ 30 Mar 2013, 23:10) *

Why don't you read more? Man.. I don't see how to get EU out of all of them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 11 Apr 2013, 9:26
Post #30

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

QUOTE (Karpet @ 9 Apr 2013, 7:25) *
Why don't you read more? Man.. I don't see how to get EU out of all of them.

Well see if you can see how to not post useless crap. If you can't read, or just don't have the right equipment to understand what you read, then what's the point after all. There's plenty of easy texts out there. Go get a playboy, read some paparazzi magazines or just play CoD. There ... problem solved.

+Quote Post
CoLT
post 11 Apr 2013, 17:42
Post #31

C&C:Reichsmarsch Mod Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9264

QUOTE (Anubis @ 11 Apr 2013, 16:26) *
Despite the more or less accurate statement in your post. Such posts are entirely unnecessary. Instead, you may direct your words elsewhere as the discussion had already ended.

Translated for the weenies who get butt-hurt easily laugh.gif

--------------------

Visit our ModDB

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 12 Apr 2013, 7:03
Post #32

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

So out of the factions playstyle would it be right to compare them thus?
AC: GDI
WEA: Allies
ADF: Soviet
WLF: GLA

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 14 Apr 2013, 17:25
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

AC: Tank Gen + Airf Gen + Laser Gen + ECA
WEA: Supw Gen + Vanila China + Uber Defenses.
ADF: Nuke Gen + Infantry Gen + Soviets.
WLF: All GLA combined

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 15 Apr 2013, 15:12
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

QUOTE (Anubis @ 14 Apr 2013, 18:25) *

Post-apocalyptic communists. I like that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 12 Dec 2013, 4:40
Post #35

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

QUOTE (Anubis @ 14 Apr 2013, 17:25) *

Just a quick question, how exactly is the WEA alike to vanilla China? I can't think of a way.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 12 Dec 2013, 6:00
Post #36

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

Great, you gave me false hope that a full version of DI was out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 12 Dec 2013, 6:12
Post #37

The X General
Group Icon

Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Karpet @ 12 Dec 2013, 11:40) *
Just a quick question, how exactly is the WEA alike to vanilla China? I can't think of a way.

Lot's of Bunkers and Fire. They also have overlord style(pick 1 from 3) upgrades for a lot of their units/structures. Also, mech ass actually has an overlord tank.

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 12 Dec 2013, 13:00) *
Great, you gave me false hope that a full version of DI was out.

This post has been edited by Zeke: 12 Dec 2013, 6:22

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 24 Dec 2013, 5:17
Post #38

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zeke @ 12 Dec 2013, 6:12) *
Lot's of Bunkers and Fire. They also have overlord style(pick 1 from 3) upgrades for a lot of their units/structures. Also, mech ass actually has an overlord tank.

Nice choice of lettering there.

Oh, so, Soviets are basically better than zerg, WLF are sneaky annoying bastards, WEA is very selfish ECA and AC is angry Americans chasing you down.

I must say, you guys do a really great job at modeling. Who models? I guess it's you, Zeke? All of you, maybe?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 24 Dec 2013, 5:53
Post #39

The X General
Group Icon

Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

"Mech Ass" is actually the nickname given to them by the Continental Defense forces, in retaliation for calling them "Continental Cattle" due to them usually only operating within "The Walls". tongue.gif

As for models, you can find the details about who did what in the descriptions here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 26 Jan 2014, 6:16
Post #40

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

No, you move.

dat ass

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 March 2024 - 9:29