Reply to this topicStart new topic
EA and The sims 4, F**k EA, f**k EA, f**k EA
Thelord444
post 29 Aug 2014, 23:35
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9986

I loooove the sims series, one of the best games ever, specially the sims 3, i always play it, and now that ea announced sims 4 is going to be released, you know what they did? they cut everything that ever been done in a sims game, and making people pay 70$ for it, its literally worse then EA has ever did, ever.

Features missing in the sims 4
http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952/89-fea...from-the-sims-4

if anyone pays 1$ for this game i will call him very dumb. i just don't know how someone in EA convinced people to do this, how is this even possible?

P.S: this maybe posted for people who like and play the sims more.

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 29 Aug 2014, 23:37
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Can we please avoid this becoming an other EA rant thread ?
its getting old realy fast.

Yes i know its a company that makes alot of bad decisions i get that by now, no need to repeat it over and over.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 29 Aug 2014, 23:42
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 30 Aug 2014, 1:37) *
Can we please avoid this becoming an other EA rant thread ?
its getting old realy fast.

Yes i know its a company that makes alot of bad decisions i get that by now, no need to repeat it over and over.

Sorry but i was really really pissed, its like taking generals and cutting all generals in it, keep 5 maps to play on, 2 factions, cut half the units of that factions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 29 Aug 2014, 23:49
Post #4

Group Icon

I'm very much aware of what it means and took a look at that article but that doesn't mean you have to go in a complete "Nerd rage" like that as it has no value to disscusion at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 2 Sep 2014, 23:45
Post #5

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10093
Just a random modder trying to give a helping hand.

Half of the took-out features were unnecessary bloat anyway. Also, I seen that TS4 has around the same system requirements as TS3. Which is IMO good considering that TS3 was lagging on my PC (AMD Athlon II x3 450, 2 GB RAM, Radeon HD3000 (okay, GPU is lame but still could run it nice) so this might be a ton better.

If they wasted more time into to get the engine into something which actually has a good performance then it's okay. After 2 years, it'll be a feature bloatware anyway, so yer it should at least run fast.

And it has the Ambitions-alike careers (bookwriting etc.) in. So fuck your rage, I'm sold, because for me that was the greatest innovation to get me moniez, control me Simz and get moodlets of work.

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37
ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 17 Dec 2016, 20:47)
we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
MARS
post 3 Sep 2014, 6:39
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

I did enjoy the Sims series back in the day, mainly because I liked building ridiculously huge fortress-style houses. Playing around with the people not so much, as I always found that a bit creepy about these games. But...

No “normal” careers - Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed (x)
No pools (x)
No terrain tools other than paint; everything is perfectly flat (x)
No story progression - Sims in the neighborhood age, but do not have children, get jobs, move, get married…etc. without player intervention (x)
No toddlers (x)
No way to create/place new lots - And you only have 2 empty ones at the start of the game!
Completely FLAT lots - The entire build-able world is completely flat (x)
Fewer floors/levels, limited to three (x1) (x2)
No aliens (x)
No basements (x)
No burglars (x)
No ghosts (x1) (x2)

If this is another one of those moves to make a game more compatible with mobile devices by diluting it, then fuck it. STOP with this stupid jack-of-all-trades on portables bullshit until mobile devices ACTUALLY match the capabilities of a REAL PC or console.

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 3 Sep 2014, 7:19
Post #7

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

It is not. EA claimed that they realized the Sims userbase uses older computers - so instead of the mobile, they focused on the outdated people who does not run with a Core 2 Quad and 12 GB RAM and such.

This one I consider it valid due to the fact that the best Simser in my family is my mother who practically - during my bro's rivalry in the children computer a decade ago - went ahead and got a 250k-worthing family out from a sudden in TS1 (we stuck at 30-35k with my bro). Currently she has the worst PC in the household.

Sims attend a lot of casuals and I'd say that this move actually made sense. Especially if you calculate third world and etc. in.

The story progression of TS3 was a terrible resource hog imo.

This post has been edited by Graion Dilach: 3 Sep 2014, 7:24

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37

we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
MARS
post 3 Sep 2014, 8:41
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

Granted, but if they're mainly making it for older computers, why would they remove important elements that have been in previous Sims games that already run on said computers? Even if I ever considered getting TS4 (which I'm not due to it likely being Origin infested and all that), I would much rather stick with TS3 or TS2, which honestly look way more enjoyable and complete compared to this game which doesn't seem to bring any technical improvements (as part of its own mission statement, granted), whilst also offering less options in its actual gameplay than the games we already have. If anything, it just seems like a downgrade, really.

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 3 Sep 2014, 11:10
Post #9

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Because it doesn't have the 50 "Expansion packs" which are rehashes of the old game's expansion packs yet.

And yes, I do enjoy making houses and such, although my tastes are usually underground labyrinthine fortresses more than anything else.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 13 Sep 2014, 16:59
Post #10

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Member No.: 9974

I still think this is the best version of sims. That might be because that's the only one i played fior more than three days.

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 13 Sep 2014, 19:39
Post #11

Group Icon

What about the sims 2? i played a lot on that one, and its the best to me as stand alone, with expansions however the sims 3 is the best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The General
post 14 Sep 2014, 0:04
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Thelord444 @ 13 Sep 2014, 20:39) *
What about the sims 2? i played a lot on that one, and its the best to me as stand alone, with expansions however the sims 3 is the best.

I played all three, but on all others i ended up building mansions like MARS. I only played the first one as it's meant to be played.

--------------------
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post
MyDude25
post 14 Sep 2014, 0:50
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 881

So, they took Sims 2 and Sims 3 combined then stripped 95% of what used to be STANDARD features off the game.

Good thing i still have The Sims 2 which i consider the best sequel that was ever made to Sims 1.
Sims 3, for me, is just basically a shallow and crappy spinoff of Sims 2 and Sims 4 is now just Sims 3 in full retard mode.

This post has been edited by Kris: 14 Sep 2014, 0:53

--------------------
Sup guiyz

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 14 Sep 2014, 13:30
Post #14

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Would you mind telling me why having a proper aims (or how's that 4 slots of fulfillable short-term willings were called) being a shallow copy of a shitty primitive system Sims 2 had?

Sims 2 needed more maturity in core segments of the game which only TS3 addressed. Sims2 couldn't even catch me for a week. Okay, I played Sims 1 the most, but I feel 3 was ways better. And I played all Sims like intended - always started the same selfmade family with all three. ^^

Tho yer if my PC could bear Sims3 right and wouldn't lag like hell every time I had to switch a lot, I prolly wouldn't care about modding, lol.

This post has been edited by Graion Dilach: 14 Sep 2014, 13:30

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 14 Sep 2014, 15:20
Post #15

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

...so we are removing a ton of features (some of which actually made Sims 3 enjoyable.. some of which are feature bloat) for.. according to EA.. diagonal walls and multiple tasks at once. What?

The fact is, we owe you a clearer explanation for why pools and toddlers will not be in The Sims 4 at launch, so here goes. It begins with new technology and systems that we built for this new base game for The Sims — a new AI system, new animation system, new audio positioning tools, new locomotion logic, new routing intelligence and much more are all entirely new in this game. The vision for The Sims 4 is a new experience that brings your Sims to life in deeper and uniquely personal ways — through emotions, personality traits, behaviours and interactions. To do that, our technology base needed a major upgrade.

So, rather than include toddlers, we chose to go deeper on the features that make Sims come alive: meaningful and often amusing emotions; more believable motion and interactions; more tools in Create A Sim, and more realistic (and sometimes weird!) Sim behaviour. Instead of pools, we chose to develop key new features in Build Mode: direct manipulation, building a house room-by-room and being able to exchange your custom rooms easily, to make the immediate environment even more relatable and interactive for your Sim.

Source:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/07/why-pools...-in-the-sims-4/

Just wait, the 50+ expansion packs (10 of which should have been in the base game, 20 of which are rehashes of old features, 20 of them are just "stuff" packs) will bring all that stuff back. Except it will be completely different and not what the fans want.

Really, just stay with the old games. I'm pretty sure they are in discount bins now.

EDIT: Another thing: This argument is basically going OH HEY LOOK AT THIS COOL ENGINE.. WE RAN INTO LIMITATIONS.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 14 Sep 2014, 15:24

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 14 Sep 2014, 16:00
Post #16

Group Icon

I dont think EA is living with us in 2014, maybe 2003.

This post has been edited by Thelord444: 15 Sep 2014, 9:52

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 14 Sep 2014, 17:50
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Thelord444 @ 14 Sep 2014, 17:00) *
I dont think EA is living with us in 2014, maybe 2003.

I wish'd they actualy did because then we could install games without origin and there would be proper exp packs instead of hundreds of 10 dollar DLC's tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 14 Sep 2014, 18:24
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10072

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 14 Sep 2014, 17:50) *
I wish'd they actualy did because then we could install games without origin and there would be proper exp packs instead of hundreds of 10 dollar DLC's tongue.gif

If it were only EA, but way more companies do this, it is more profitable.. Well at least for console games.

This post has been edited by Oliver: 14 Sep 2014, 18:50

+Quote Post
MyDude25
post 14 Sep 2014, 19:41
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 14 Sep 2014, 22:20) *
Just wait, the 50+ expansion packs (10 of which should have been in the base game, 20 of which are rehashes of old features, 20 of them are just "stuff" packs) will bring all that stuff back. Except it will be completely different and not what the fans want.

Looking at the comparisons between Sims 2 and Sims 3, this seems about right since it happened in Sims 3.
Comparisons between Sims 2 and 3

The Sims 4 will basically 'restore' those STANDARD features one at a time via $20 Expansion packs and $5 Stuff (extra furniture) packs.

This post has been edited by Kris: 14 Sep 2014, 19:44

--------------------
Sup guiyz

+Quote Post
MyDude25
post 14 Sep 2014, 20:34
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (Graion Dilach @ 14 Sep 2014, 20:30) *
Sims 2 needed more maturity in core segments of the game which only TS3 addressed. Sims2 couldn't even catch me for a week.

Thats what killed sims 3 for me, it turned the game from fun to robotically mature....and thats isn't sims games is about.

Not only that, in sims 3, you can feel like you've beaten the game but in sims 2, there are alot of things you can do that can still peak your interests over time.
Also, the attention to detail in socializing and overall relationship mechanics in Sims 2 was / is far superior in everyway.

In short, i agree with this guy:

TS2 is a gem. Family felt like family. Relationships felt like relationships. Game play is strong and keeps you interested. I know I always go back to TS2. I have never really had issues with TS2, which I can't say about TS3. Genetics are actually present in TS2, and allows more different looking children. It was funnier, racier, and it was FUN! TS3 is fun at first, but then it's boring with it's repetitiveness and stupid "adventures".

TS2 really pushed the 'T' rating and made me feel like I was playing a more adult life simulation, whereas TS3 feels like E10+ ratin making me feel like I'm playing Barbie's Dreamhouse.

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/485028.page

This post has been edited by Kris: 14 Sep 2014, 20:40

--------------------
Sup guiyz

+Quote Post
The General
post 16 Sep 2014, 7:35
Post #21

Group Icon

--------------------
Nicholas II of Russia.
Noam Chomsky.

Do not watch RT !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 May 2024 - 23:37