IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
What games do you think need to be remade?
Drunken_Soviet
post 23 Aug 2014, 0:03
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9680

Inspired by this thread.

So, what games (Whether they were good games or terrible games) do you wish that would be remade or if you could remake it yourself, how would you remake it?

For me, it'd have to be Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, because the idea of being the bad guy in a James Bond game could have been great, unfortunately, if you've played it, the only thing that you did that could be considered evil was blowing up Hoover Dam, and the last level was a major pain in the arse.

That said though, I did like it's idea of dual-wielding guns, and the powers were pretty decent.

--------------------
In soviet Russia signature reads YOU!!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 23 Aug 2014, 1:44
Post #2

Writer do his best now and BSing...
Group Icon

From: Somewhere in America (currently, not always that way)
Member No.: 9758
Yes I like Touhou... and the problem is?

I'm... actually mostly content with the games I have.

Though I would like to see a remake of Star Trek: Birth of the Federation*, as something that spans the entire ST timeline across all 5 tv series (the original game only covers the ST:TNG series with a few bits from the movies follow up, but that's Paramount's fault or so I been told). Of course, fix the problem that cause the game to crash the computer** (I think it's a memory overflow issue?). A more connected economy would also be nice, as well as better diplomatic options/stuff. A actual galactic map of the setting as a "campaign" (rather than just a randomized map for every game). Of course a better tech tree (or in the case of this game, an actual tech tree) is a must.

... wow I really need to take off those nostalgic glasses...

-------

*description/review can be found here: http://www.old-games.com/download/6466/sta...ek-tng-birth-of
**That was the how my family's second desktop was destroyed.

--------------------
... wait, oh s--t! I've been surrounded by raging modders!

The forum is ripe with the stench of gamers!

+Quote Post
Eagle 11
post 23 Aug 2014, 15:35
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10125

Id love to see an Knights of Honor remake, with multiplayer compatible and not geographically inaccurate bigger euromap, an deeper economy, revised income rates and some features that can be seen in action over at total war series alongside remade leveling system for marshals.

+Quote Post
HMS Warspite
post 10 Oct 2014, 4:25
Post #4

Queen Elizabeth-class Battleship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9874
Hello, Admire-ral!

Persona 4 Golden, but only for a PS2 or <insert any gaming console that has an emulator for PC here> port.

+Quote Post
Jam Hacker
post 10 Oct 2014, 6:12
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 10272

the egregious cnc4

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 20 Oct 2014, 2:18
Post #6

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

Freedom Fighters for a more modern experience.

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
z741
post 20 Oct 2014, 2:59
Post #7

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8990

A remade game? How about Empire Earth 3? Its pretty much a mod of EE2!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 20 Oct 2014, 7:18
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

^ EE2 already was inferior to its predecessor and if anything, it felt like a rip-off of RoN. EE3 on the other hand was pure trash pressed in a DVD case. The original EE was the best in the series and the only 'sequel' that ever lived up to it was Empires - Dawn of the Modern World. Same mechanics, very diverse civilisations, the same strong editor and graphics that are quite timeless now that I've picked it up again. If we could have a game like that, except with more civs and ages from pre-history till the future - that'd be my personal gaming dream coming true.

+Quote Post
z741
post 20 Oct 2014, 8:07
Post #9

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8990

QUOTE (MARS @ 20 Oct 2014, 7:18) *
^ EE2 already was inferior to its predecessor and if anything, it felt like a rip-off of RoN. EE3 on the other hand was pure trash pressed in a DVD case. The original EE was the best in the series and the only 'sequel' that ever lived up to it was Empires - Dawn of the Modern World. Same mechanics, very diverse civilisations, the same strong editor and graphics that are quite timeless now that I've picked it up again. If we could have a game like that, except with more civs and ages from pre-history till the future - that'd be my personal gaming dream coming true.

EE2 being inferior yes but id pick it over 3.

EE1 with modern graphics and an HD update would look pretty kickass don't you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Commander-GDI
post 20 Oct 2014, 23:10
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 9007

C&C Generals dry.gif

+Quote Post
Izayoi-Alpha
post 5 Feb 2015, 14:40
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 9754
A Humble yet Failed Admiral

Dino Crisis, nuff said.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rommel
post 17 Feb 2015, 17:19
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 10871

Stronghold series, all of them made into one game. Since Stronghold Crusader, there has been little improvement ( except with Legends, but that could have been done much much better ).

I'd like to see a Stronghold with real medieval factions, like England, France, Castille, Aragon, Holy Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Kievan Rus, Vikings, Hungary, the Saracens, all of them as unique and different factions. From this idea spawn countless possibilities. The English would have their longbowmen as best foot archers, the French would have the best knights, the HRE would have tons of unique heavy armoured units, like Gothic and Teutonic knights, Hungarians would have loads of lightly armoured but highly mobile units like Szekely etc. etc.

Next, I'd like to see a strategic global gameplay introduced, like in Total War series. The difference would be that you shall build all the castles in all of your provinces.

And at the end, I would like to see "make your own kingdom" feature where you can design your own faction based on few presets ( Western European, Eastern European, Muslim, Nord etc. ) on which you would add your own units. The units would be possible to make by combining various weapons and armours in the game, so you could create a mounted plate armoured crossbowmen, but the game would make them extremely expensive ( the prices would be determined by the game itself based on what weapons and armour you gave your unit ).

Also, each faction would have some sort of national bonuses, like extra food income or cheaper units.

Oh yeah, and also a heraldic crest editor is a MUST HAVE in a medieval game.

So yeah, I would basically make Stronghold into a whole new game.

--------------------
Achtung, Panzer!

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 17 Feb 2015, 21:01
Post #13

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

We badly need a remake of Generals on a different engine. The graphic doesn't have to be AAA superb and low system requirement would be appreciated. But the game must not lag when playing 4vs4 with thousands of unit unlike the original.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Ricky C. Pincus
post 22 Jun 2018, 11:50
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 17781

I would be cheerful if group of legends amusement had changed. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 30 Jun 2018, 7:26
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Well, what pretty much of people already said, Generals, or mods for Generals made into their own games, Battlefield 2 mods made into games of their own, like what they did when made Squad.

Original Perfect Dark.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 30 Jun 2018, 9:25
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

Dark Reign 2. excellent rts. mainly due to the models all being very very low polly on an engine that can handle far more. (battlefront II and mercenaries engine)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gracia
post 30 Jun 2018, 11:59
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10907

I'd be hard pressed to name several now that most of the games I'm interested in have had remakes/remasters announced. That being said though...

Original War - actually the game really deserves a sequel, but a modern remake would be interesting, as it was a badly underrated RTS-RPG hybrid with one of the most unique stories out there. (It's on sale on Steam currently!)
Samurai Warriors - first Sengoku Jidai game of the Musou series. It was one of the best Warriors' games I played and while it is very dated, that actually went in its favour as the game started on a grim note and the gritty graphics complemented that, what with it only being the only game (in the series) to portray Nobunaga's brutal massacre against the Honganji.
Age of Empires 2 - not the HD or DE versions, as those are just graphical enhancements but rather a complete remake whilst retaining the general timeline. I don't mind the current graphics but I would like the historical aspect made to be a bit more truthful, such as redoing certain civilisations and adding (whilst also removing) more relevant ones. Additional campaigns/battles for the civilisations that were left out in the original game would be nice too.
Theme Park World - loved the game as a child, only thing I would add is for more levels, rides, staff and such.
Theme Hospital - aside from the spiritual successors, which are being released soon, there hasn't been a true sequel. I would enjoy a direct sequel or remake with the same style as the original, but with more levels, staff, conditions, buildings and more management options.
Future Cop L.A.P.D - (RED DREADNOUGHT ACTIVATED) another PS1 game I enjoyed back in the day. There was going to be some
James Bond: Nightfire - arguably the best (if not tied with Goldeneye: Rogue Agent) Bond game I played, the story was nice and the multiplayer was great as you could also play with bots running around the map. God damn Oddjob and his hat!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 30 Jun 2018, 13:06
Post #18

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

Thousand Arms

nuff said

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrikoMikuni
post 14 Mar 2019, 5:04
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 19478

Netstorm: Island of War. It was an unique take of RTS and Tower Defense but it's the shame that not many people remember it as it is not that much popular in the first place.

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 6 May 2019, 19:25
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10281

Henry's House (originally for the Commodore 64)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 22:58