Reply to this topicStart new topic
WAYPOINT should be enabled through map
Kazan
post 21 Aug 2014, 12:45
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10323

I think it should be made possible to allow giving way point by just clicking on map with the Alt kep pressed, it will make things a lot smoother!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 21 Aug 2014, 16:23
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Kazan @ 21 Aug 2014, 13:45) *
I think it should be made possible to allow giving way point by just clicking on map with the Alt kep pressed, it will make things a lot smoother!

For your should I will respond with:
Im pretty sure this goes under the we would if we could....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 21 Aug 2014, 16:26
Post #3

Group Icon

haha Okay, but it'd be awesome if it could be implemented somehow. That would have made the game a more advanced micro based.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 21 Aug 2014, 18:02
Post #4

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Kazan @ 21 Aug 2014, 17:26) *
haha Okay, but it'd be awesome if it could be implemented somehow. That would have made the game a more advanced micro based.

Actually waypoints serve a quick way to give units set commands to crush etc, wich was a removed feture from the game.The current version ingame allows you to move stuff when theres lag or lagspikes and the game doesnt respond.If we do add waypoints It might turn into waypoint patrolls wich I cant say would be fun in pvp...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darky
post 22 Aug 2014, 16:44
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 9643

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 21 Aug 2014, 19:02) *
Actually waypoints serve a quick way to give units set commands to crush etc, wich was a removed feture from the game.The current version ingame allows you to move stuff when theres lag or lagspikes and the game doesnt respond.If we do add waypoints It might turn into waypoint patrolls wich I cant say would be fun in pvp...

How are waypoint patrols gamebreaking? If anything it would be cool to have patrolling stealth detecting Hinds of doom for Burton to maneuver around.

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 22 Aug 2014, 21:51
Post #6

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 22 Aug 2014, 11:44) *
How are waypoint patrols gamebreaking? If anything it would be cool to have patrolling stealth detecting Hinds of doom for Burton to maneuver around.

Micro to the max tongue.gif

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
DanPaladin12
post 22 Aug 2014, 22:35
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9157

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 21 Aug 2014, 19:02) *

they might not be really useful when playing a serious game, but when you are just f-ing about (like I tend to do) then it is quite a nice thing to just have that one humvee patroling at the border of your base just because it looks cool, but I must agree that a Hind with a concrpit constantly flying over your base would make it practicly inpossibole for any GLA to launch a stealthed attack.

+Quote Post
Darky
post 22 Aug 2014, 23:04
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (DanPaladin12 @ 22 Aug 2014, 23:35) *
they might not be really useful when playing a serious game, but when you are just f-ing about (like I tend to do) then it is quite a nice thing to just have that one humvee patroling at the border of your base just because it looks cool, but I must agree that a Hind with a concrpit constantly flying over your base would make it practicly inpossibole for any GLA to launch a stealthed attack.

The only thing that should have been held back by the human factor (or rather just balanced in this case) is the awfully designed Laserlock. RotR got rid of that, and this would probably be done with no balance concerns if it were possible. Unless of course I am mistaken.

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 23 Aug 2014, 6:40
Post #9

Group Icon

I don't understand why everyone is imputing waypoints to only patrolling, it could be used for much better purpose like sending a lone tank by an unpredictable path to harass the enemy supply! And with map controlled waypoints, it could do wonders!

+Quote Post
Byamarro
post 23 Aug 2014, 9:36
Post #10

Pride of The Allied navy.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10603

QUOTE (Kazan @ 23 Aug 2014, 7:40) *
I don't understand why everyone is imputing waypoints to only patrolling, it could be used for much better purpose like sending a lone tank by an unpredictable path to harass the enemy supply! And with map controlled waypoints, it could do wonders!

And building queues...

+Quote Post
Darky
post 23 Aug 2014, 9:45
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kazan @ 23 Aug 2014, 6:40) *

Waypointing already exists (hold Alt), you just can't connect them to form a patrol line. As for the map bit I never tried.

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 23 Aug 2014, 10:08
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 23 Aug 2014, 14:15) *
Waypointing already exists (hold Alt), you just can't connect them to form a patrol line. As for the map bit I never tried.

The whole point is about the waypoint to be given through mini map by pressing alt and not the waypoint giving on the screen (as we do now) pressing alt, that is obvious!

This post has been edited by Kazan: 23 Aug 2014, 10:37

+Quote Post
Darky
post 23 Aug 2014, 10:15
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kazan @ 23 Aug 2014, 11:08) *
The whole point is about the waypoint to be given through map and not the ALt thing, that is obvious!

No, it's not obvious at all. I've played the game for years, I only learned of it a few months ago. Why the attitude man?

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 23 Aug 2014, 10:39
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 23 Aug 2014, 14:45) *
No, it's not obvious at all. I've played the game for years, I only learned of it a few months ago. Why the attitude man?

I am sorry, buddy, if it offended you but I didn't mean it. And you were right, it was not obvious. Actually I didn't make myself clear through the previous posts and that lead to confusions and misunderstandings.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 12:41