IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

How to play super heavy tanks well?, It is hard to perform correct maneuver for me
Pegasus99
post 19 Sep 2017, 10:11
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15832

Hello there!
I'm an old player for C&C GZH but recently found this outstanding MOD so new here tongue.gif
Very good ideas and work for new features and balance
Here is a question for you guys ether helping me or simply give discussion is very welcome

How to play super heavy tanks well? (ex: Overlord, Golem, Sentinel)

First, I played a lot Red Alert 2, and its amazing MOD Mental Omega. I think the main difference between RA2 tanks and ROTR tanks is the control handling.
RA2 has older and more simple game mechanism, that all unit has it's "capacity area" to fit in(a 3*3 square for Chronoshift for example, so you can fit 9 tanks in), and the movement is just simple from square to square, with a forgivable "squeezing" during the movement to avoid too much rubbing. When a tank need to change directions, they simply just hovering at the origin site and find the direction, so they don't have to drive back and forth. This in fact is important for real tanks too, and most tanks can do that for better mobility.
But in C&C GZH and ROTR, the tanks just struggle moving. They often ran into each other, then slow down or stop, then move one by one, forming a long column. If the leading one is engaging, the others just stock or struggling forward by, again, push and stop and backward all the time. This of course become annoying particular in big heavy tanks, and sometimes "big and small" mixture. When I see the articles about Russian's OP and think "Why the hell I just suck in them lol". First I think I only play PVE so the big strong slow Russian is hard to against nimble & flexible control ability that computer have. Second I think is that I'm bad at controlling these big monsters well.
ROTR as long as C&C GZH are great games, but recently I felt RA2/Mental Omega is easier to perform great strategy and control skill to play an intense game. So how about you guys thinking? Do you like how tanks control in ROTR? Do you think if giving tanks better maneuverbility and at the same time giving trucks even better maneuverbility will let tanks too OP?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 21:14