IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[FAN ADDON] Imperium's New Textures Thread! (ECA+PLA+RUS+USA RELEASED!), New shiny infantry textures, confirmed online-compatible !
Imperium
post 9 Apr 2015, 20:39
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11062

Hello everyone! It's my first post, so let me get a few things out of the way...

SWR is great and so is ROTR, thanks for making it!

Since I've been lurking for a while, and because I was bored/procrastinating writing school papers, I thought I would make some custom infantry textures for everyone, including (read: mostly) myself!

Permission to release has been granted by The_Hunter and Comr4de! HONOUR THEM!

Some things to bear in mind:
1. these will never make any code changes to the game, limiting what I can do.
2. I will not increase texture resolution without a very persuasive argument, so my new textures will work on any machine no matter how many conscripts you spam.
3. All textures should be considered to be in various states of WIP, even if I release them.
4. I am an amateur texturer; I've got years of experience, but mostly at doing on and off stuff for various games (nothing serious, no professional training whatsoever)
5. These textures have been tested and are compatible with SWR's multiplayer!
6. In the even that you hate a particular skin, you can remove that specific skin by going into the art folder and deleting the relevant file. Most file-names are easy to figure out.

Releases will be by faction, with each pack affecting all infantry of that faction in some way. Some releases will have optional files to use if you want to.

[Static]
"General... something's coming. Something big!"

Release 1: ECA. RELEASED!

GET IT HERE, or as an attachment below.

*NEW OPTIONAL ECA PACK*
ECA Woodland Infantry Pack V2. Screenshots pending. Uses realistic modern woodland camouflages from a variety of nations!
GET IT HERE.

*NEW OPTIONAL Helghast (Killzone) themed pack!*
GET IT HERE

*NEW OPTIONAL Israeli Defense Force themed pack!*
GET IT HERE GOYIM

Release 2: China. RELEASED!
Featuring two FULL optional camo schemes!

GET IT HERE

Default:

Arid:

And Woodland!

***NEW CHINESE ARMOR PACK***
-Every single armored vehicle china has, plus its Han Gunship and Blimp, have been retextured, excluding the dozer supply trucks and listening post.
-All vehicles use realistic vehicle camoflages from the 1980's and 1990's (and sometimes 2000's) as inspiration.
-Battle-master variations from the battle-pack have been completely overhauled.
-Most tank treads have been updated.
-Pack includes damage models
-Pack works with 1.86, confirmed.
GET IT HERE!

***NEW PLA MARINE INFANTRY***
Get it Here!

Release 3: Russia RELEASED.

(send me pictures and I'll put them here!

GET IT HERE!

Featuring optional Conscripts/RPG troopers, and an optional blue VDV.
Pictures later. Take some if you like, If I like them I'll feature them here and credit you.

Release 4: USA. RELEASED!

(Send me pictures and I'll put them here!)

Future Desert Troops and Tanks!

GET IT HERE

FEATURING:
-ARMY ACU (RANGER/MISSILE DEFENDER)
-MARPAT (RANGER/MISSILE DEFENDER)
-'FUTURE' WOODLAND (FEAT. ATACs-FG) (FULL SET)
-'FUTURE' DESERT (FULL SET)

And!

VEHICLE TEXTURES:
-CONVENTIONAL DESERT CAMO
-'FUTURE' WOODLAND
-'FUTURE' DESERT
-...and a very patriotic Paladin.

NEW US RETEXTURE SET. GET SOME, MARINES!
(Images courtesy of Comrade Crimson)

Release 5: GLA. Later.
Release 6: Grand Release. Much later.

Release 7: ROTR General Packs!

Release 8: Country specific texture packs!

PREVIEWS:

GLA:

Recommended: No Auras!

WIP![attachment=1361:ECA_Default_Set.rar]

This post has been edited by Imperium: 31 Jan 2016, 23:00
Attached File(s)
Attached File  BATTLEMASTER_BATTLE_PACK.rar ( 477.65K ) Number of downloads: 168
Attached File  ECA_Default_Set_v1.1.rar ( 96.81K ) Number of downloads: 151
Attached File  PLA_Default_Set.rar ( 220.13K ) Number of downloads: 150
Attached File  Russian_Default_Set.rar ( 103.63K ) Number of downloads: 144

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 24)
Composite armour
post 9 Apr 2015, 20:44
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

Looks good. I'd like to see some patterns for US infantry.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 9 Apr 2015, 20:47
Post #3

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Not bad at all.

I want to see more of this.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 9 Apr 2015, 21:09
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (Composite armour @ 9 Apr 2015, 12:44) *
Looks good. I'd like to see some patterns for US infantry.

AMERICA?

DID SOMEONE SAY AAAAAAMMMERRRICA??!!?!?

FREEDOM!

(ignore the uh... red on those arms. Thats what we in the biz call a 'mistake')

Oh.. augh... so much LIBERTY, I need to clean myself up...

...Alright im back. America was the first faction I worked on, and consequently its the least im sure about. Im especially critical of my work on the Ranger and Missile Defender. Thoughts?

(The seal is doomed to always look kind of ugly, sorry. I tried)

This post has been edited by Imperium: 11 Apr 2015, 3:14

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 9 Apr 2015, 21:14
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 9 Apr 2015, 12:47) *
Not bad at all.

I want to see more of this.

From one ECA player to another...

the ECA is actually basically done on my end. I need to change the pioneer and maybe the jumpjet infantry. I like how the ECA look the best so I wont show too much though smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 10 Apr 2015, 0:49
Post #6

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

These are looking amazing dude. Keep it up smile.gif

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 10 Apr 2015, 1:14
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

Perfect!
How about throwing in some black skinned USA and GLA soldiers?

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 10 Apr 2015, 1:24
Post #8

Group Icon

Sure, I can make a optional dark skinned set of textures for US infantry. It would take seconds to make, but I'll keep it optional since (because I cant add model variations) either all of X unit will be Y ethnicity, or they will not. The SWR team could probably 'fix' this problem rather quickly, kind of like what they did with the Felin.

What do you think about the US textures I posted. Suggestions? They probably need the most work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
M01
post 10 Apr 2015, 1:26
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 10658
Yo buddy... Still Alive?

Are you the same guy who worked on the us forces urban skin?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-the-reds...n-pack-for-rotr

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 10 Apr 2015, 1:30
Post #10

Group Icon

QUOTE (M01 @ 9 Apr 2015, 17:26) *
Are you the same guy who worked on the us forces urban skin?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-the-reds...n-pack-for-rotr

Entirely different gentleman I'm afraid, although that man deserves praise, I really liked his work! It partially inspired my own. I wont touch vehicles too, I'm not very good with them, and I want to stick to my guns.

Edit: Almost forgot, if that texture pack works with 1.85, it will be fully compatible with this!

This post has been edited by Imperium: 10 Apr 2015, 1:31

--------------------

+Quote Post
M01
post 10 Apr 2015, 1:42
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 10658
Yo buddy... Still Alive?

If there was a problem for his vehicle textures it caused lag commonly on late game.

His infantry skins were good though he you tried it on 1.85? (I haven't yet)

also will you also do textures for the heroes or will leave them as they would be?

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 10 Apr 2015, 1:59
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (M01 @ 9 Apr 2015, 17:42) *
If there was a problem for his vehicle textures it caused lag commonly on late game.

His infantry skins were good though he you tried it on 1.85? (I haven't yet)

also will you also do textures for the heroes or will leave them as they would be?

I havent yet, but I think Black Lotus really, really needs some attention. Burton, Jaeger, and Boris were all fine by my estimation. The jury is still out on GLA. I'm going to do them last, I think. Mostly because I have no idea what direction to take with them stylistically. I may try to make Black Lotus into a Chinese Special Forces operative, or something.

My infantry textures will not lag the game. They are the same resolution and thus filesize as the old ones. This is by no means a 'HD' pack, just aesthetic adjustment. I cannot say how they are in terms of online games, but they should not cause any online lag either, since ZH loads its graphical models and textures locally.

In summary: Machine/Gfx lag caused by this is unlikely unless your computer could not run with large numbers of the regular infantry in the first place, and Online lag is unlikely to be affected one way or another by this texture pack at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CheoRock
post 10 Apr 2015, 3:35
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9522
You'll be what you must be, or else you will be nothing...

Nice work indeed! When will be available this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 10 Apr 2015, 5:23
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (CheoRock @ 9 Apr 2015, 19:35) *
Nice work indeed! When will be available this?

When I'm happy with everything, which is why you guys should be giving me constructive criticisms!

tongue.gif

In all seriousness, probably very soon. I will be releasing by faction so you guys can get access to my stuff faster!

The first pack I plan on dropping will be the ECA.

Second will be Russia, probably.

Third will be China

Fourth AAAAAMERRRRRICCCAAAA!

Fifth will be GLA.

ETA on pack 1: probably sometime next week. No idea on everything else.

Obviously when its done I'll re-release it all as a Greatest Hits release with a bit of extra spit and polish.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 10 Apr 2015, 6:38
Post #15

Group Icon

You know that feeling, when you step up to do something and knock it out of the park the first try?

Well...

That feeling when the chinese volunteer squad is the best looking chinese infantry in the faction. Hooray for type 99 Camouflage!

(Justification: The Volunteers got some of the extra old out-dated 90s era camouflage while the Red Guard and Friends get also out-of-date 2000's era Type 07 camo. It makes a little sense in universe if you twist the lore a little.

Also featuring a cameo by everyone's favorite tank hunter. I still don't actually like him tbh, which is why he hasn't been previewed yet.

Also not-featured is the Chinese pyro, which looked kind of terrible and needs to be revised. Nukeneer is still untouched.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 10 Apr 2015, 7:35
Post #16

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10225

I love your Chinese skins, and your American and Russian ones look friggen awesome too.

The only ones im not as big a fan of is the Europeans- I kind of prefer the ROTR ones over them at the ROTR ones look more like buff entrenchment soldiers moreso.

Can I ask 2 questions though?

Will these be able to be used without causing mismatches online? And will you post each skin as a separate download? Because I think I will definitely replace the Chinese skin with yours and possibly the American one as well if possible.

And im really glad you made the Javelin African American, as thats exactly what I had in mind for him when I voiced him.

As for the Russians, they are near perfect- just the helmet texture needs to be worked on I think. Make it more of a consistent colour, it will look better I think.

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 10 Apr 2015, 7:38

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 10 Apr 2015, 8:00
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (ComradeCrimson @ 9 Apr 2015, 23:35) *
I love your Chinese skins, and your American and Russian ones look friggen awesome too.

The only ones im not as big a fan of is the Europeans- I kind of prefer the ROTR ones over them at the ROTR ones look more like buff entrenchment soldiers moreso.

Can I ask 2 questions though?

Will these be able to be used without causing mismatches online? And will you post each skin as a separate download? Because I think I will definitely replace the Chinese skin with yours and possibly the American one as well if possible.

And im really glad you made the Javelin African American, as thats exactly what I had in mind for him when I voiced him.

As for the Russians, they are near perfect- just the helmet texture needs to be worked on I think. Make it more of a consistent colour, it will look better I think.

@ Europeans: Aww. Oh well, I personally love the ECA textures. Who knows maybe when I finish and release them you'll come around? I particularly love what I did with the medic. Maybe you could offer suggestions to improve these textures?

On Mismatches: I havent tested it out yet (no time, gaaah no time!) but I am fairly sure they will work. The reasons I have confidence is that Generals/Zero Hour loads its art assets locally rather than trying to sync them. It needs to sync stuff like .ini files, which I havent touched at all. This was proven way back in the days of vanilla Gens/Zero Hour where you could have all kinds of custom textures and possibly even custom models on vehicles, and as long as you did not change the relevant .ini files, you could play with other people. SWR's system may operate slightly differently, but I doubt it. Worst Case scenario you just need to move a folder in order to play online with this mod. Not a huge inconvenience.

On How my release is planned to go: Im going to release by faction at first. The current order is:

ECA, Russia, China, USA, GLA.
Once all that's done I'll release a compendium of all of them with extra polish and special features.

On customizing the mod: Actually that's an awesome thing about pure texture mods for zero hour. Hate what I did to a unit? No problem. Come release I will supply a list of texture file names each linked to their respective soldier. If you really want, eliminating them is as easy as deleting a file from a folder. In addition, I plan to offer some optional content, like African American versions of US soldiers, etc.

@The Javelin Guy: Thanks! But I could have sworn he was African American already before I touched him. Hmm... Regardless, I plan on making US infantry have African American variants in an optional addon. I wont really be doing anything to simulate Hispanic or Asian races in the American faction because in all honesty I'm fairly certain I don't have enough pixels to make them look appreciably different from Caucasians :S

@Russian helmets: What would you suggest for them? What I tried to do was simulate Flora with that. I can try one or two other ways but honestly it will always be blurry like that. Should I use Partizan instead?

Or do you mean its bad that I have helmet texture variation? Would it be better if they all had those turtle-looking helmets on?

This post has been edited by Imperium: 10 Apr 2015, 8:03

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 10 Apr 2015, 8:28
Post #18

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

QUOTE (Imperium @ 10 Apr 2015, 8:00) *
@ Europeans: Aww. Oh well, I personally love the ECA textures. Who knows maybe when I finish and release them you'll come around? I particularly love what I did with the medic. Maybe you could offer suggestions to improve these textures?

I think the issue here is that you've made em a bit too plain looking and it actually detracts some of the detail. I do indeed like what you did for some of the units but its just a little too plain and a bit too similar to other factions. Plus I am not a big fan of having that red beret, I think black would suit better. Overall I just like the look of the blue for the ECA, its different and unique. Sorry mate, just my opinion :C

If I were to suggest stuff, differentiate the colour of backpacks to be more apparent then that stock green, add the odd accessory. Make them more geared out is my suggestion. The panzerfaust is probably what is throwing me off the most I think.

Also for more ideas regarding them via images...

Like the one with the radio or the more heavily armoured one in particular, add hats and stuff. More of a navy blue/dark blue.

On Mismatches: I havent tested it out yet (no time, gaaah no time!) but I am fairly sure they will work. The reasons I have confidence is that Generals/Zero Hour loads its art assets locally rather than trying to sync them. It needs to sync stuff like .ini files, which I havent touched at all. This was proven way back in the days of vanilla Gens/Zero Hour where you could have all kinds of custom textures and possibly even custom models on vehicles, and as long as you did not change the relevant .ini files, you could play with other people. SWR's system may operate slightly differently, but I doubt it. Worst Case scenario you just need to move a folder in order to play online with this mod. Not a huge inconvenience.

If you haven't touched the INI files I think you should be fine.

@The Javelin Guy: Thanks! But I could have sworn he was African American already before I touched him. Hmm... Regardless, I plan on making US infantry have African American variants in an optional addon. I wont really be doing anything to simulate Hispanic or Asian races in the American faction because in all honesty I'm fairly certain I don't have enough pixels to make them look appreciably different from Caucasians :S

Last I checked the original skin was helmeted so you couldn't necessarily tell. As for me im not too concerned over having the entire US army African American, im just glad to see units that bear that voice to well; be of the same skin colour so to speak. Having variety is good especially for the United States.

@Russian helmets: What would you suggest for them? What I tried to do was simulate Flora with that. I can try one or two other ways but honestly it will always be blurry like that. Should I use Partizan instead?

Or do you mean its bad that I have helmet texture variation? Would it be better if they all had those turtle-looking helmets on?

Partizan could definitely work- I just mean like a different type of green or some such could work, maybe do a bit of pixellization to shape their helmets a bit better. The sort of weird stripey effect you have on the helmet doesn't look as intended and kinda looks messy is all.

Maybe something akin to this with your own spin?

Oh and uh... suggestions for the GLA!

The GLA as we have them have taken on a more African warlord/militia style/theme. They are a mixture of fundamentalist types like we are familiar with in ZH (though they had a noticeable Central Asian/former Soviet Republic look back then) and in ROTR they should resemble African militias with the odd mixture of fundamentalist insurgents. I kind of like the look of how the GLA presently are, but making them more militia like would probably be the route you want to go.

Something like the following images perhaps...

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 10 Apr 2015, 8:40

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 10 Apr 2015, 9:06
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (ComradeCrimson @ 10 Apr 2015, 0:28) *
I think the issue here is that you've made em a bit too plain looking and it actually detracts some of the detail. I do indeed like what you did for some of the units but its just a little too plain and a bit too similar to other factions. Plus I am not a big fan of having that red beret, I think black would suit better. Overall I just like the look of the blue for the ECA, its different and unique. Sorry mate, just my opinion :C

If I were to suggest stuff, differentiate the colour of backpacks to be more apparent then that stock green, add the odd accessory. Make them more geared out is my suggestion. The panzerfaust is probably what is throwing me off the most I think.

Also for more ideas regarding them via images...

Like the one with the radio or the more heavily armoured one in particular, add hats and stuff. More of a navy blue/dark blue.

If you haven't touched the INI files I think you should be fine.

Last I checked the original skin was helmeted so you couldn't necessarily tell. As for me im not too concerned over having the entire US army African American, im just glad to see units that bear that voice to well; be of the same skin colour so to speak. Having variety is good especially for the United States.

Partizan could definitely work- I just mean like a different type of green or some such could work, maybe do a bit of pixellization to shape their helmets a bit better. The sort of weird stripey effect you have on the helmet doesn't look as intended and kinda looks messy is all.

Maybe something akin to this with your own spin?

Oh and uh... suggestions for the GLA!

The GLA as we have them have taken on a more African warlord/militia style/theme. They are a mixture of fundamentalist types like we are familiar with in ZH (though they had a noticeable Central Asian/former Soviet Republic look back then) and in ROTR they should resemble African militias with the odd mixture of fundamentalist insurgents. I kind of like the look of how the GLA presently are, but making them more militia like would probably be the route you want to go.

Something like the following images perhaps...

@ECA Suggestions: Its okay to like and/or not like the things you like/do not like friend!

You're actually in luck; the Red Beret on the Panzerfaust may need to be axed due to the way the texture was mapped. I can basically turn it either black, dark blue, or green given my current situation. It will not stay red.

-Backpacks: I would looove to do variation, however that requires .ini modding, and believe or not a little bit of modeling know how too. I just work with textures. I can change the colour from green to something else though: Brown, Black, Grey, a simple camoflage scheme. You'll note that across the board I tend to just recolour the backpacks; its because theres only about 20 pixels to work with and detail is very hard to try and work in on them. I could maybe add a fascimile of a european flag (possibly impossible, actually, given some thought about it) but beyond that... Im not sure. I could add lines, to try and break it up? Help me out here friend!

@Metal Gear.... (the image suggestion): I could turn the panzerfaust guy into something vaguely similar to the one on the far right, although with less green. Possibly a unique looking urban camo with a nice navy blue armor over it?

@Swat Cosplay (the image suggestion): I dont want to make all ECA uniforms have that uniform blue tone, but I can do it with one or two. What stands out in your mind as being a particularly good unit for that coloration?

@Russian Helmets: Hmm... I think the one your talking about is the IGLA soldier helmet. Is that right? I can certainly try another pattern on him. Ill try out Partizan on the Conscript/RPG Conscript helmet as well (fun fact: they share the same helmet texture!). Part of the problem is that the model wrap is frustrating to deal with (not a dig at ROTR staff, it just isnt cooperating like the ECA helmets and chinese helmets do, thats all)

@Black Russian Helmeted troops (Image suggestion): Black helmets are very frustrating and hard to make look good. any detail you try and put on them gets muddled and smudged, like their heads have black holes on them or something. Frustrating, let me tell you.

@GLA: Good suggestions. I'll probably make the basic Rebel look quite African, complete with local (raided) camo mixtures, while I'll keep the missile defender middle eastern. Beyond that, I'll have my work cut out for me. The GLA give me a lot of freedom but also plenty of room to fail.

Since you're a fan of my chinese stuff, how about an exclusive?

These PLA troops are clearly regular army members, not part of those peasant red guard; they have Type 08 Digitized Tigerstripe Woodland! A rare camouflage that only started being distributed around 2014! (Not actually kidding there, its very rare and might not actually get fully adopted)

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 10 Apr 2015, 9:16
Post #20

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Bloody post lag.

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 10 Apr 2015, 9:17

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 10 Apr 2015, 9:16
Post #21

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

QUOTE (Imperium @ 10 Apr 2015, 10:06) *
-Backpacks: I would looove to do variation, however that requires .ini modding, and believe or not a little bit of modeling know how too. I just work with textures. I can change the colour from green to something else though: Brown, Black, Grey, a simple camoflage scheme. You'll note that across the board I tend to just recolour the backpacks; its because theres only about 20 pixels to work with and detail is very hard to try and work in on them. I could maybe add a fascimile of a european flag (possibly impossible, actually, given some thought about it) but beyond that... Im not sure. I could add lines, to try and break it up? Help me out here friend!

Just make em a brown or some such. That would do, like brown backpacks with the odd separating lines; I'd think that'd look pretty cool. Mix em with that green and then that blue armour or whatever would be good, or have the odd camo.

@Metal Gear.... (the image suggestion): I could turn the panzerfaust guy into something vaguely similar to the one on the far right, although with less green. Possibly a unique looking urban camo with a nice navy blue armor over it?

That'd do. Even that green you have been using would be good.

@Swat Cosplay (the image suggestion): I dont want to make all ECA uniforms have that uniform blue tone, but I can do it with one or two. What stands out in your mind as being a particularly good unit for that coloration?

Felin rifleman and Pioneer in particular.

@Russian Helmets: Hmm... I think the one your talking about is the IGLA soldier helmet. Is that right? I can certainly try another pattern on him. Ill try out Partizan on the Conscript/RPG Conscript helmet as well (fun fact: they share the same helmet texture!). Part of the problem is that the model wrap is frustrating to deal with (not a dig at ROTR staff, it just isnt cooperating like the ECA helmets and chinese helmets do, thats all)

I don't like that shared texture as its messy, looks like random yellow stripes through it and just doesn't look too good. Make it more of a consistent colour or smaller blotches of camo/etc, that should work a bit easier.

@Black Russian Helmeted troops (Image suggestion): Black helmets are very frustrating and hard to make look good. any detail you try and put on them gets muddled and smudged, like their heads have black holes on them or something. Frustrating, let me tell you.

Don't worry too much about that. Faces are fine.

@GLA: Good suggestions. I'll probably make the basic Rebel look quite African, complete with local (raided) camo mixtures, while I'll keep the missile defender middle eastern. Beyond that, I'll have my work cut out for me. The GLA give me a lot of freedom but also plenty of room to fail.

Since you're a fan of my chinese stuff, how about an exclusive?

These PLA troops are clearly regular army members, not part of those peasant red guard; they have Type 08 Digitized Tigerstripe Woodland! A rare camouflage that only started being distributed around 2014! (Not actually kidding there, its very rare and might not actually get fully adopted)

HHHHNnnnnnnggh!!!!

Goddamn thats sexy. Your Chinese stuff is fuggin' awesome.

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 10 Apr 2015, 9:19

--------------------

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 10 Apr 2015, 10:09
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

Perfect to the perfecth power! Neither stamp texture nor color chunk can beat your skins.
Is your Tank Hunter dressed in the Type 07 desert camo, the yellow-ish one? I always find it oddly fascinating, maybe because it's not green centered. It could be worn by Volunteers since they are militia, or stolen by GLA. When Jin's exclusive units come out, they can also have a go.

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 10 Apr 2015, 10:24
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (teslashark @ 10 Apr 2015, 2:09) *
Perfect to the perfecth power! Neither stamp texture nor color chunk can beat your skins.
Is your Tank Hunter dressed in the Type 07 desert camo, the yellow-ish one? I always find it oddly fascinating, maybe because it's not green centered. It could be worn by Volunteers since they are militia, or stolen by GLA. When Jin's exclusive units come out, they can also have a go.

The Tank Hunter is such a mess honestly, but yeah! Type 07 'Arid' If you look closely though, you'll see that his arms are Type 07 Urban/Multicam and his helmet is Type 99.

I kind of hate the Tank hunter and I have no idea why. He really isnt cooperating with my sensibilities. Originally he was Type07 Multicam like the Red Guard, then I made him Arid, then I realized his helmet is used for Volunteer Squad helmets (lolwut) and I didnt like the Arid on the helmet, so I changed it to type 99, then at some point I made the arms multicam for... some reason.

I need to basically re-do the entire unit I think. I like the chest piece he has now though. Maybe I'll make it type 99 like the volunteers.

Volunteers in Type 07 Arid? eeeh. I really love them in the type 99 now, and the Type07 outfits never seem to look quite right at this low resolution.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Imperium
post 10 Apr 2015, 10:57
Post #24

Group Icon

Really burning the 3 am oil on this one.

ECA! Featuring the new and improved (?) Panzerfaust and Friends. I'm really Felin' it! mindfuck.gif
(The Felin ammo-belts will be axed. Failed experiment. I like how the backpack looks now though)

-

"Ah yes, the Nukeneer. Such a contemptible lot, them. Few infantry march onto the battlefield in full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) but these brave souls are the exception to prove the rule. Much unlike the Russian SHMEL trooper however, or indeed the Pyro Technician, these poor men must be exposed to the very worst of radiological fallout, ambient radiation from their weapons, unstable and unsanitary equipment, and an overall miserable job, for long hours. The catch is that, although they speak little of it, the pay is excellent, and their PPE keeps them safe from their workplace... at least for the most part. Most will be quick to point out 'trouble' arises as they are shot at, which, unfortunately, the enemy is wont to do..."

Nuke & the gang!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 10 Apr 2015, 11:20
Post #25

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

QUOTE (Imperium @ 10 Apr 2015, 10:57) *
Really burning the 3 am oil on this one.

ECA! Featuring the new and improved (?) Panzerfaust and Friends. I'm really Felin' it! mindfuck.gif
(The Felin ammo-belts will be axed. Failed experiment. I like how the backpack looks now though)

-

"Ah yes, the Nukeneer. Such a contemptible lot, them. Few infantry march onto the battlefield in full PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) but these brave souls are the exception to prove the rule. Much unlike the Russian SHMEL trooper however, or indeed the Pyro Technician, these poor men must be exposed to the very worst of radiological fallout, ambient radiation from their weapons, unstable and unsanitary equipment, and an overall miserable job, for long hours. The catch is that, although they speak little of it, the pay is excellent, and their PPE keeps them safe from their workplace... at least for the most part. Most will be quick to point out 'trouble' arises as they are shot at, which, unfortunately, the enemy is wont to do..."

Nuke & the gang!

Definitely improving. I like how you did that lil quip about the Nukaneer, when I was voicing them I definitely wanted to portray a nervous man carrying dangerous and volatile weaponry that posed risks to his health. The quip compliments that quite nicely.

The grey ECA is kind of interesting actually. You'll have to improve upon it but im liking the look so far.

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 14:29