IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Just had one of my lengthiest C&C battles today!, Had a battle that was 3-4 hours!
InterestedPlayer
post 15 Jul 2013, 4:58
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10018

Re-Posted from the main threads:

So, I thought I would make a post about an epic game that I ended today.

I played a 2-player ZH map, with me as Russia and the AI as China. The first half was 2 hours on Friday, which ended with what looked like a stalemate. I was using some HIND's and later a mix of Hokums and HINDS to hold the two major chokepoints wear enemy armor and infantry kept on coming through. Sent an attack force in but it got harassed and just didn't have the brute force and back-up it needed to plow through the enemy base. Only one Buratino survived. I saved the game at the end of those 2 hours, after audibly cursing at the screen. I had other tasks to do Saturday and let the game rest. Then, today, I came back to the game and managed, with another roughly 2 hours, to finally beat the AI! It was glorious. I had several general's powers by this point, including the Father of All Bombs, the triple Backfire attack, and the Surveillance Missile as well as one Tremor AGAS. I ultimately built two more Tremor AGAS's and had three airfields full of Frogfoots. I also had a massive attack force of 6 Sentinels (w/anti-air upgrade) 9 MSTA's, 9 Kodiaks, 9 Tunguskas, and Boris. Through the course of the second half, I used my Tremors, air power, and general's powers to target the enemy's Nuclear Missile, Internet Center, and Breeder Reactor, which he rebuilt multiple times. While doing this, I built up the aforementioned attack force and built a second group of HIND's and Hokums to control the center choke point (I believe the map was Sand Serpent (ZH version)). Anyways, after waiting to time all my support actions just right, I unleashed hell on the base, doing three simultaneous Tremor bombardments, as well as the Father of All Bombs, the Backfire attack and surveillance missile. I also used all three Frogfoot squadrons to target structures left out by those strikes. After this, my attack force moved in, and systematically destroyed the base, building by building. As a cherry on top, I used Boris to call in MiG's on the last enemy structure, which ended the game in victory.

I should mention that during both halves of the game, the AI kept sending a steady stream of Hopper Tanks, Battle Tanks, Red Guards/infantry, Inferno Cannons, Han Gunships, Dragon Tanks and Gatling Tanks for my two helicopter groups and my Grumbles and base defenses to feed on. The Chinese secondary hacker economy was the prolonging factor of this game, IMHO. Final enemy losses were 2100ish to my 187- 197. Unfortunately, as it was a saved game, I was unable to save a replay for posterity.

So, what do you guys think? And also, what is the longest or most epic game C&C Generals/Zero Hour/Rise of the Reds game you've played?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5 June 2024 - 17:36