IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Question: How to use SWR.net's Direct Connect Feature?, Please, give me a "Direct" Answer (Pun still applicable as a r
BlackRangerXIII
post 5 Oct 2016, 17:28
Post #1

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10551
I... Will... KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL...

So Can anyone teach me how to do it?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zion
post 5 Oct 2016, 20:46
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

you need to add that port into your hardware firewall AKA router/modem (if its combined)

u need 2 things, a static IP/reservation
and access to ur firewall (NOT WINDOWS firewall that should be turned off to play the game properly)

first give your self a static IP look it up no point in explaining this, since google is a better explainer

Second:

open "cmd"
type ipconfig
your DEFAULT GATEWAY IP is your router/firewall
type that into ur browser ex. 192.168.1.1
login
find something called "port forwarding" or "firewall" if u cant find it, look up your router model/name and google how to port forward it

Once you find the correct area
add Port 19850 (or you can change this in the swr.net launcher) by hitting configure
as the internal and external port, or your router might just have one option for port
then you need to add your STATIC IP that you gave your computer
make sure you have it enabled for TCP and UDP (BOTH), you might need to do it 2 times to get both (some routers)

save it

no go to game, check direct connect on the launcher, and if you see people in the lobby, you are good to go

I know its confusing in text, but if you need a more visual experience, searching "port forward my 'router' (model)" can help you better
and trust me its worth the trouble, absolutely no lag if both players play on direct connect

This post has been edited by Zion: 5 Oct 2016, 20:55

+Quote Post
BlackRangerXIII
post 5 Oct 2016, 21:41
Post #3

Wasteland Abysswalker
Group Icon

Member No.: 10551
I... Will... KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL...

QUOTE (Zion @ 5 Oct 2016, 16:46) *
you need to add that port into your hardware firewall AKA router/modem (if its combined)

and access to ur firewall (NOT WINDOWS firewall that should be turned off to play the game properly)

first give your self a static IP look it up no point in explaining this, since google is a better explainer

Second:

open "cmd"
type ipconfig
login
find something called "port forwarding" or "firewall" if u cant find it, look up your router model/name and google how to port forward it

add Port 19850 (or you can change this in the swr.net launcher) by hitting configure
as the internal and external port, or your router might just have one option for port
make sure you have it enabled for TCP and UDP (BOTH), you might need to do it 2 times to get both (some routers)

save it

no go to game, check direct connect on the launcher, and if you see people in the lobby, you are good to go

I know its confusing in text, but if you need a more visual experience, searching "port forward my 'router' (model)" can help you better
and trust me its worth the trouble, absolutely no lag if both players play on direct connect

Thanks
It helped

--------------------

+Quote Post
tweakweak
post 19 Dec 2016, 3:53
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13799

QUOTE (Zion @ 5 Oct 2016, 11:46) *

Second:

open "cmd"
type ipconfig
login

save it

thank you so much! I finally have it to where I can see other players in game I have been at this on my own for about two weeks and it took one search through the forums D: pardon my french but google can't solve everything!

+Quote Post
atmospheric
post 14 Feb 2017, 4:18
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 13346

Xeres, iirc I've done it for TCP. How does it help for UDP? Do I repeat the entire process for UDP too?

+Quote Post
Zion
post 18 Feb 2017, 4:11
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

QUOTE (*atmospheric* @ 13 Feb 2017, 22:18) *
Xeres, iirc I've done it for TCP. How does it help for UDP? Do I repeat the entire process for UDP too?

Sometimes it wont work with only tcp, on some routers. But if it works for you then its fine, no benefit of having udp on if tcp works, but if u are asking how to do it for udp? Same process as tcp

+Quote Post
atmospheric
post 18 Feb 2017, 4:17
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 13346

QUOTE (Zion @ 17 Feb 2017, 20:11) *
Sometimes it wont work with only tcp, on some routers. But if it works for you then its fine, no benefit of having udp on if tcp works, but if u are asking how to do it for udp? Same process as tcp

Cool. it works for me just smooth and fine on tcp. Also, i asked the portforward software ppl after posting abt it here and they told me just tcp is fine for me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 12:39