1 vs 1 lan (need help)
snka
post 3 Jul 2009, 16:45
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 227

hi all

after a few years of rest, my bro and i started playing shockwave again, and after 4 rounds, he won 3, and lost 1(actually, he didn't lose, he gave up)
so now, he picked USA air force, and the rest can be seen on the replay ( i'm daniel, he's murdah)

after viewing, can somebody help me/give me some hints what to do...
i eventually found out that choosing GLA Salvage was a bad choice..so anyone has a better idea?

Thanks

SnKa

(.rep file couldnt be uploaded here, so i got a rapidshare link)
RapidShare DL link
2Shared DL link
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warhawk
post 3 Jul 2009, 18:09
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 132

Hi, so you was playing against other player and not against pc, so turtling is not a very good idea... You built sooooo much defences and almost nothing to attack with... You must capture tech buildings as fast as you can at the beggining or just destroy them so your enemy cant capture them at all. Spam only one type of unit and attack with it can be countered very quickly... If you want then we could play against each other and i think i can show you the basics against other player.

BR Warhawk

+Quote Post
snka
post 3 Jul 2009, 18:57
Post #3

Group Icon

thanks for the reply wink.gif

but the problem with him is, that he keeps attacking my base, and the only way (except for those gadfly's) to counter them is to mass produce AA, well, that's my opinion tongue.gif

and when i try to attack his base, he already knows it, because of that USA power that you can see everything i see for a couple of minutes/seconds..

tomorrow we're going to play a new round, i think i'll be USA, so i can use that power too, and because it's a better allrounder...

+Quote Post
Erik
post 3 Jul 2009, 19:48
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 26
Projects: ShockWave Tester
Mindfuck of the month: Casimir effect

Airforce is a pretty strong oponent. If you let him build up you got almost no chance.
I would suggest putting a lot of pressure on him:
For USA:
try to drop Missile dudes with a chinook next to his supply as soon as possible and take down chinooks\kill dozers.
Put some missile defenders in humvees to hunt his chinooks and dozers quickly.

For China:
Build 2 warfactories and make a lot of gats that you send down the flanks to disturb his money gathering.
Late game ECms and chaingun upgrade work good.

For GLA:
Use terrortechs\RPG techs to put pressure early on, try to tunnel him. If he get an aifield up spam quads and rpgs.

The succes of oll these is mainly dependant on speed, once he has some raptors up you got very bad chances.
Never rely on defenses, especially not vs airforce.

--------------------

And you feel a sudden chill
How do you do? My name is Trouble
I'm coming for the kill...
And you know I will

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 3 Jul 2009, 20:26
Post #5

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Also, don't waste time with Anti-missile defences until late-game when you've secured so decent funding... they're only seldom effective. Avengers fail to block king raptor missile compliments and ECM tanks usually just get pummeled by the flak anyways

--------------------

+Quote Post
accomplice
post 3 Jul 2009, 20:33
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 166

1. As said before, as GLA you almost HAVE to rush him. AFGs only point of weakness is that the airfield builds relatively slow.
By the time he has built his first airfield, you could already be inside his base with a tech/brdm filled with 3-4 rpgs and 1 worker who builds a tunnel, while you fill your tunnel at home with units (3 quads, 1 scarab I suggest).
The BRDM2, although slower than the techie packs a lot more of firepower (it can 1 on 1 kill tow humvees in its original state smile.gif) so even if he starts spamming if, the result would be your brdm lvling up fast.

Basically drive your rpg filled car near a dozer, unload, have the rpgs finish the dozer, start building tunnel, pack up the rpgs and drive to the next dozer and so on.

2. Do not rely on Deathstrike's missle AA. Sure, they do lots of damage per shot, but they shoot sloooow and reload sloooow.

3. Try to make use of scarab smoke grenades, especially if he only sends the units on attack move or guard and not on a direct target. His planes will waste ammo and time shooting and empty smoke clouds (that's one thing I absolutely LOVE about deathstrike smile.gif)

+Quote Post
snka
post 3 Jul 2009, 20:33
Post #7

Group Icon

woops, tomorrow we're going to play with 2 generals( a.k.a you start as "a general/faction" and next to you another "general/faction", you own that other one, and you have two factions....
my guess he's going for China Superweapon and GLA Salvage, what should i do?

thanks for all the (quick) replies

+Quote Post
Pav3d
post 3 Jul 2009, 20:40
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 230

Pick tank gen, atm hes your best bet against those two.

Also tank bunkers with elite gatts are insane against AFG

--------------------

+Quote Post
accomplice
post 3 Jul 2009, 20:45
Post #9

Group Icon

if you wanna turtle against AFG, usa laser is quite strong. enough laser cannons can pick the planes from the sky before they get near, esp. after you get that +15% range and damage upgrade. 3 avengers can completely disable 1 raptor, with the laser drone upgrade it's 2 vs 1, while their lasers rip the planes in pieces.

If he plays china special, his strong points will be: dropping pyros with his supply helis, followed by a dual barrel dragon tank (these tanks can kill buildings damn fast, even without firestorm). Later on, if you let him tech up, you'll be hit with earthquake artillery, that disable any thing on the ground in a medium radius, and earthquake tanks that disable ground stuff in a large radius and that earth quake SW that disables and damages stuff for a long long time.

GLA salvage means decent but not so fast ground units that become goddamn beasts when they're salvaged wink.gif and maybe rocket barrage hit and run helis

+Quote Post
snka
post 3 Jul 2009, 20:46
Post #10

Group Icon

not to sound pro'ish, but my first guess was also tank gen wink.gif, but as second general, next to the tank, what would you(everyone) recommend?

+Quote Post
Erik
post 3 Jul 2009, 20:56
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 26
Mindfuck of the month: Casimir effect

if you want to play fair:
Nuke or vChina maybe?

if you dont:
Airofrce(will own superweapon), Armor, Tank, Infantry

--------------------

And you feel a sudden chill
How do you do? My name is Trouble
I'm coming for the kill...
And you know I will

+Quote Post
snka
post 3 Jul 2009, 20:59
Post #12

Group Icon

I'm thinking about tank gen(china) and GLA salvage, but....i forgot to tell, the first rule we made was: no superweapons.

@accomplice: i've timed my brdm2 assault, 2 brdms, 6 rpg's, 2 slaves, i did it faster than he(murdah) could build defences at the side, sounds like a plan, [edit] and even better, with china tank, i was able to attack his builders(imaginary, because i was sandboxing wink.gif in 2:50, and in 3:20 i had 2 gattling tanks, and one troop carrier at his side entrance... smile.gif
@Erik: it's only two generals, not four wink.gif

This post has been edited by snka: 3 Jul 2009, 21:05

+Quote Post
accomplice
post 3 Jul 2009, 21:05
Post #13

Group Icon

For turtling, nothing beats laser general. Vs Leang, I'd go for early attacks and harrassment, because her wide area disabling abilities are quite frightening.

I could many also suggest Ironside against a deathstrike player. His tank destroyers will make short work of his vehicles, and his planes are wicked against ground units. Other parties that have decent anti tank weapons are vUSA (losat humvee, lowest damage out of all tank destroyers, but biggest range & highest speed), vGLA (cameleons, especially good when salavged) and those slow ass anti tank cannons that GLA stealth, tox and vanilla get smile.gif Oh and of course deathstrike's basilisk.

Against Leang, I recommend a fast general. Maybe a GLA faction. Target her supply helis and dozers early on to create a mess. GLA stealth can be wicked with the perma stealthed hijackers, like stealing her own dragon tanks to burn her base wink.gif Late game, she will have some of the best artillery (one with ultra range and earthquake ability, other with mean napalm showers).
Another option might be an emphasis on aircraft, because despite her dual gattlings/sentinels, AFG planes still bomb da hell out of leang (challenge against AFG was a hell with leang wink.gif)

PS: BRDM2 Assault - if you're really really fast and use a certain BO, you should be able to have a single brdm filled with flashies and 1 worker in his base in ~2 minutes, I personally wouldn't wait out the time for a second one including another load of infantry - but then again, as long as it worked for you it's fine >:)

A fun thing to do on small maps with china generals (besides Leang and Kwai) is to send your first dozer right near his CC and pull out 1 rax and spam red guards, tank hunters, and pull up a WF as soon as your second dozer has finished the supply stash. Then, dragon tank + firewall, burning buildings real fast, followed by some gattlings, while keeping to spam infantry. If he has placed defenses in icky places, some siege soldiers will take care of them easily smile.gif Watch out for terrorists, hijackers and toxin tractors though when you go against GLAs. vUSA might have placed a machine gun nest early on, if so, keep a safe distance and bring these fine pretech artillery guys.

This post has been edited by accomplice: 3 Jul 2009, 21:11

+Quote Post
snka
post 3 Jul 2009, 21:07
Post #14

Group Icon

quite funny, when i think i have the perfect combo, some1 else comes with -what i think- is a better one.

but because i like turtling, i think i will take Laser as second(so no generals abilities)

ok, test results are in(sandboxing, and with the time i mean: the time till my first unit gets to the other side(where he will be tomorrow) and shoot four rounds/rockets/bombs/bullets:

ALL have to be below 3:27 to win the game

China tank: with migs: 2:50
GLA Salvage: 2 BRDM's filled: 3:20
USA Laser: Raptor, one can shoot down a worker/dozer: 2:20 (actually 2:18, because i had to sneeze)
China Inf: Troop crawler and gattling: 2:55
USA airforce: 2:40 first raptor, 3:10 comanche

This post has been edited by snka: 3 Jul 2009, 21:21

+Quote Post
accomplice
post 3 Jul 2009, 21:40
Post #15

Group Icon

With any america side (besides ironside) you can be in his base in about one minute smile.gif

Power plant, rax, 2 rangers 1 missle guy, put them + one dozer into one chinook, off to him, unload, build rax immediately and spam inf whie rax at home upgrades building capture. Quite lame and only suprises noobs but fun to try;P

+Quote Post
snka
post 3 Jul 2009, 21:48
Post #16

Group Icon

forgot that, brb, going to try....

yep, i did in 2 minutes, made too much rangers, had to unload 1, still too much for dozer, eventually i had to unload all before i could go...so 1 minute could be possible

This post has been edited by snka: 3 Jul 2009, 21:54

+Quote Post
snka
post 4 Jul 2009, 10:37
Post #17

Group Icon

ok, he's coming in 2-4 hours, so my plan will be, if we work with 2 generals
Be Laser, and put AF next to me, then i will rush to his -not yet captured- second HQ and destroy/capture it, and leave my troops there.
at the same time i will invade my AF neighbour so i will have 2 (even 3 if i capture his second hq) and he will be left there with only 1 happy.gif

+Quote Post
-Xv-
post 4 Jul 2009, 14:18
Post #18

OOoohh Titelz
Group Icon

Member No.: 27

Come to hamachi, we'll play a few games and i'll give you pointers.

--------------------
LoLWuT

+Quote Post
snka
post 4 Jul 2009, 14:25
Post #19

Group Icon

i'm about to play a few rounds with him(friendly matches;) ) so i can see his tactics, and try some of my own, so soz, can't come on hamachi

+Quote Post
snka
post 4 Jul 2009, 19:51
Post #20

Group Icon

we're ingame, having a little break

he attacked my first chinook, he now has USA Air Force and GLA Salvage, i have USA Laser and USA Armor

he has almost the whole map in his possession with his AA and stupid Anti tank defences, what can i still do biggrin.gif?

+Quote Post
JJ
post 4 Jul 2009, 20:12
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 65
Projects: SWR Productions

You have GLA and power together, abuse that. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 4 Jul 2009, 20:16
Post #22

Group Icon

Get in close to this buildings, make him strike himself?

--------------------

+Quote Post
snka
post 4 Jul 2009, 20:19
Post #23

Group Icon

too much auroras, even if i get close, he will own me

and JJ, i only have two USA's wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 4 Jul 2009, 20:21
Post #24

Group Icon

How are you doing for funding etc?
If you focus your firepower on taking a particular point and set up a pincer attack you might be able to gain some ground

--------------------

+Quote Post
JJ
post 4 Jul 2009, 20:22
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 65
Projects: SWR Productions

Read wrongly. D:

Spam artillery plus AA then.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 2:59