IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2.0 Generals Discussion, Since the full version of 1.87 is going to be coming soon.
Jet02
post 29 Dec 2016, 14:45
Post #101

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13185

Looks like a heavily modified t-14 to me

Also*spoiler alert*

It belongs to alex(it's on the wiki lol)

Now excuse me while i go hide in the caves from the devs

Edit: too late

Doesn't generals only support a maximum of 3 weapons per unit? How is this supposed to work?(i'm assuming those silver orbs are tesla coils and/or those rocket/missile pods are fully functional)

This post has been edited by SoraZ: 29 Dec 2016, 15:59
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
M.P
post 29 Dec 2016, 15:03
Post #102

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

QUOTE (Jet02 @ 29 Dec 2016, 17:15) *
Also*spoiler alert*

It belongs to alex(it's on the wiki lol)

....Wasnt it a public info since 1.85 release?

QUOTE (Jet02 @ 29 Dec 2016, 17:30) *
Doesn't generals only support a maximum of 3 weapons per unit? How is this supposed to work?(i'm assuming those silver orbs are tesla coils and/or those rocket/missile pods are fully functional)

Those orbs are just a visual addition. Those also exist on Golem too (After Coilgun upgrade they appear on the chassis)

I just realized I was using wrong texture for the mine plowers lol. Fixed it in the model, Will update the render i posted later.

This post has been edited by M.P: 29 Dec 2016, 15:06

+Quote Post
Jet02
post 29 Dec 2016, 15:10
Post #103

Group Icon

Member No.: 13185

1.Just unfortunately i didn't realise that until 3 minutes after i uploaded that post.

2.So.... those are electromagnets?

This post has been edited by Jet02: 29 Dec 2016, 15:11

+Quote Post
M.P
post 29 Dec 2016, 15:17
Post #104

Group Icon

QUOTE (Jet02 @ 29 Dec 2016, 17:40) *
2.So.... those are electromagnets?

Well according to the code, They're called "Gaus Capacitators". I have no further info about em.

+Quote Post
NikCaputnic
post 29 Dec 2016, 15:20
Post #105

Group Icon

Member No.: 12315

QUOTE (M.P @ 29 Dec 2016, 17:03) *
....Wasnt it a public info since 1.85 release?

It was public since 1.5 (or even before it) 8Isov.gif

+Quote Post
Omnius64
post 30 Dec 2016, 13:13
Post #106

Group Icon

Member No.: 10479

Somewhat related, but after all this 2.0 talk, it have remind me of the old ROTR unit list we had for the 2.0 and the previous version before their release. Remenbering this, and knowing a little better the incoming stuff (And also the need to delete the 1.86 unit list); Its time we update the unit list, dont you think?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QzC...zj5E/edit#gid=0

+Quote Post
Gameman112358
post 31 Dec 2016, 0:19
Post #107

Group Icon

Member No.: 11944

QUOTE (M.P @ 26 Dec 2016, 8:42) *
Whose exclusive is this? biggrin.gif

That's a pretty beefy tank right there... coilguns, shtora, warden missiles, mineplowers, rear mounted machine guns, all in a mass producible package. I know Aleksandr's Ogre won't be this powerful, considering it will only get the coilgun (after an upgrade for both Ogres and Golems I believe), but one can dream.

Also, I'm loving the discussions and information I'm seeing in this thread. Everyone knows just a little more about 2.0 general's arsenal and tactics, which also helps keep people eager for 2.0. To M.P. and The Hunter: while showing us some of the fun stuff you guys have been doing is great (the ogre tank render for example), I do hope it didn't take too long to make that, mainly because IMO it would be preferable to spend more time getting the 1.87 PB bug fixed and balanced for full release, so you guys can start work on 2.0. That's when discussions really get interesting on this forum. (I do hope I can keep this thread alive long enough to make it to 2.0's development, so people have a place to discuss 2.0 further when it starts being developed, but if it gets closed, then it is what it is)

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 31 Dec 2016, 0:39
Post #108

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

What units will use Ibrahiim General?
Can you add in ROTR?
Or at least add the Scud Launcher.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 31 Dec 2016, 7:08
Post #109

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Seeing how the Scud Launcher will return in a completely different form, no, it's not something that could just be added as a token 'have some new stuff' kinda thing. Chances are, the only thing the new Scud Launcher will have in common with the old will be its name.

This post has been edited by MARS: 31 Dec 2016, 7:08

+Quote Post
zhy
post 31 Dec 2016, 7:33
Post #110

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 9615

QUOTE (MARS @ 31 Dec 2016, 7:08) *
Seeing how the Scud Launcher will return in a completely different form, no, it's not something that could just be added as a token 'have some new stuff' kinda thing. Chances are, the only thing the new Scud Launcher will have in common with the old will be its name.

A small mobile superweapon like Tolpol?

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 31 Dec 2016, 15:52
Post #111

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

I mean yeah, GLA now have Grad, but more Topol/Howitzer logic type of units...Idk.
Will it at least be able to change its warheads like old scud launcher did ?

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 31 Dec 2016, 15:54
Post #112

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (re_simeone @ 31 Dec 2016, 15:52) *
I mean yeah, GLA now have Grad, but more Topol/Howitzer logic type of units...Idk.
Will it at least be able to change its warheads like old scud launcher did ?

Wait and see.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 31 Dec 2016, 16:14
Post #113

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Is Grad still exclusive to Warlord? Or that is scrapped?

SCUD launcher will probably have no equivalent, it would be cool if Ibrahim can have 3 artillery units to choose from. They have completely different purposes after all.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 31 Dec 2016, 16:37
Post #114

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 31 Dec 2016, 16:14) *

Pretty sure it never was exclusive.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 31 Dec 2016, 21:13
Post #115

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

It was... circa 2008. As a note: any statement before 2012 is probably completely false at this point, since back then there wasn't a GLA Airforce, new Tech Structures, or an ECA distinct from the EU. Even going back to 2012 there have since been massive changes to the design (especially in the run up to 1.85), so take those statements in broad strokes.

This post has been edited by GeneralCamo: 31 Dec 2016, 21:14

+Quote Post
Gameman112358
post 3 Jan 2017, 0:28
Post #116

Group Icon

Member No.: 11944

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 31 Dec 2016, 7:14) *

SCUD launcher will probably have no equivalent, it would be cool if Ibrahim can have 3 artillery units to choose from. They have completely different purposes after all.

Unless each subfaction gets a unique artillery unit that serves the same purpose as the Grad, I think all of the subfactions will probably have access to the Grad. Rocket Buggies are more anti unit than anti structure compared to the Grad, and the SCUD Launcher is exclusive to Ibrahiim, meaning that if the Grad was exclusive, it would, for example, leave Yusuuf without a reliable anti structure artillery. I can already imagine the balance problems that would come up because of that (think Tank General from ZH but even worse).

SCUD Launcher is apparently going to be changed to function much closer to the Russian Topol-M in terms to functionality and (probably) firepower. So Rocket Buggies for unit sniping, Grads for anti structure, and SCUD Launchers for very long range destruction (with chemicals and who knows what else can be loaded into it). I'm curious if the SCUD Launcher's warhead can be changed, like in ZH, to have different load outs. I can imagine stuff like acid load out (Vehicles and probably structures), plague load out (Powerful unit debuff), as well as the usual anthrax load out. Not suggesting anything, just letting my imagination run a little wild with the ideas.

This post has been edited by Gameman112358: 3 Jan 2017, 0:37

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 3 Jan 2017, 18:00
Post #117

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Gameman112358 @ 3 Jan 2017, 0:28) *
meaning that if the Grad was exclusive, it would, for example, leave Yusuuf without a reliable anti structure artillery

Which we would not do, as per explanation a few pages back.

QUOTE (Gameman112358 @ 3 Jan 2017, 0:28) *
SCUD Launcher is apparently going to be changed to function much closer to the Russian Topol-M in terms to functionality and (probably) firepower. So Rocket Buggies for unit sniping, Grads for anti structure, and SCUD Launchers for very long range destruction (with chemicals and who knows what else can be loaded into it). I'm curious if the SCUD Launcher's warhead can be changed, like in ZH, to have different load outs. I can imagine stuff like acid load out (Vehicles and probably structures), plague load out (Powerful unit debuff), as well as the usual anthrax load out. Not suggesting anything, just letting my imagination run a little wild with the ideas.

As I said only a few posts ago, Wait. And. See.

+Quote Post
M.P
post 4 Jan 2017, 8:37
Post #118

Group Icon

For those who are interested in mah Ogre, There's this thing i made:

This post has been edited by M.P: 4 Jan 2017, 8:42

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 4 Jan 2017, 10:47
Post #119

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

I want it so bad...........Looks much better without the railgun.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 4 Jan 2017, 10:48

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 4 Jan 2017, 14:16
Post #120

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

So damn sexy! th_sexy.gif

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 5 Jan 2017, 6:55
Post #121

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 31 Dec 2016, 17:37) *
Pretty sure it never was exclusive.

It was, at some point.

+Quote Post
Omnius64
post 10 Jan 2017, 13:54
Post #122

Group Icon

Member No.: 10479

A bunch of question:

-Will in the end each ECA general have its own unique anti-tank defense structure?
-And also its own artillery unit? I read before that it will not, but I want to be sure.
-Will USA Bradley build Acolytes, or will only summon them by GP?
-I have read before that ECA Charles will not have the Mole-minelayer...Its that true?
-For Zhokov and Mau...will their nuclear weapons be avaliable from the start, or they will still need to spend GP points?

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 10 Jan 2017, 14:14
Post #123

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Omnius64 @ 10 Jan 2017, 15:54) *
A bunch of question:

-Will in the end each ECA general have its own unique anti-tank defense structure?
-And also its own artillery unit? I read before that it will not, but I want to be sure.
-I have read before that ECA Charles will not have the Mole-minelayer...Its that true?
-For Zhokov and Mau...will their nuclear weapons be avaliable from the start, or they will still need to spend GP points?

Lets see,

-No, only the firesupport general gets a unquie AT defence (Thats the at gun you see now ingame)
-Its one of 3 buddy like the previous answer, only one of them get a unique toy while the other two get something else
-This was a concept for thorn back in the day, as thorn was the guy who liked drones the least so he'd have them rather then guardian drones.(hey Just like me!) However I can gladly say thats no longer the case right now and that it might still be a 3 point gp for bradley.
-Where have you read this? I think he gets the moleminelayer in return but dont hold me on it
-Topols will always require a GP, however units like nuke cannons, nukeneers, nuke hans etc will require only that you select that general and it will be unavaible to the other two.

--------------------

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 10 Jan 2017, 14:53
Post #124

Group Icon

Member No.: 11210

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 10 Jan 2017, 18:14) *
Lets see,

-No, only the firesupport general gets a unquie AT defence (Thats the at gun you see now ingame)
-Its one of 3 buddy like the previous answer, only one of them get a unique toy while the other two get something else
-This was a concept for thorn back in the day, as thorn was the guy who liked drones the least so he'd have them rather then guardian drones.(hey Just like me!) However I can gladly say thats no longer the case right now and that it might still be a 3 point gp for bradley.
-Where have you read this? I think he gets the moleminelayer in return but dont hold me on it
-Topols will always require a GP, however units like nuke cannons, nukeneers, nuke hans etc will require only that you select that general and it will be unavaible to the other two.

Topols need GP for Zhukov? Really? I thought Topols will be unique theme unit by default for Zhukov and his main lategame unit coz he is a ballistic arty general. Howewer it's strange because all first level GP desighned for specific general. For example shock division is simply general Alexander with his unique units which will avaiable for him by default. Same with heavy gunship support which opens Orlovs toys exept specnaz and BTR.

QUOTE (M.P @ 4 Jan 2017, 12:37) *
For those who are interested in mah Ogre, There's this thing i made:

It's a Pinnokio with long nose of liar biggrin.gif
. If seriously good work MP. Eyes looks to bright but all look fine

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 10 Jan 2017, 15:07
Post #125

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Omnius64 @ 10 Jan 2017, 13:54) *
A bunch of question:

#1: Well, there's the Gun Turret, the Mortar Pit, plans for a Milan Defence...
#2: There will be a new artillery unit which, as of yet, is completely unrevealed, which will belong to Willem and Wolfgang. Beyond that, wait and see.
#3: It is planned that it will expand into a three-rank GP which only Bradley has access to.
#4: Yes, he will have something more interesting instead.
#5: Zhukov "needs permission from the Premier", so yes he keeps the GP requirement, but it will be expanded to include things not yet revealed. China being much more liberal with nukes, Mau does not, but that is balanced by his nuclear weapons being a little weaker than Zhukov's to achieve a balance with his EMP and Napalm options.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 4:22