IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Anyone know anything about troubleshooting gameranger?
IntoTheRain
post 17 Oct 2014, 20:26
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10670

I put a troubleshooting ticket in at the gameranger website..but since 90% of those tickets have 0 replies, I'm not holding my breath for help.

Anyway, this morning I installed Gentool 6.7 on my machine and tried to play Shockwave on Gameranger. However, I can no longer connect to any game through gameranger. It loads the game itself, but then sits there like it was loaded in single player. If I try to manually do a direct connect, I get a 'the game timed out' error message. If I try to host, other players cannot find my game to connect to.

I tried uninstalling GenTool, but it didn't fix anything.
So then I did a full reinstall of Zero Hour, 1.04, Shockwave, and Gentool. Again nothing.
So I uninstalled GenTool again, but I am still getting the same error.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to them?

Thanks for the help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darky
post 17 Oct 2014, 22:06
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9643

It's nebulous but I recall reading about how Gentool after a certain version doesn't work with Gameranger.

Maybe it changed some files or something. If I were you I would do a full reinstall on a seperate folder and don't ever install Gentool.

+Quote Post
zourv
post 18 Oct 2014, 17:08
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10254

-
delete folder : X:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\GameRanger\GameRanger, and reinstall gameranger
--
join game room, when Shockwave launch click exit in game, then abort, then rejoin
---
have you installed any new antivirus / firewall app? close them all while playing, check if it helps
----
about gentool: im using ver 6.2., works fine -> http://www.wikifortio.com/833559/GenTool_v6.2.rar

This post has been edited by zourv: 18 Oct 2014, 17:14

+Quote Post
IntoTheRain
post 18 Oct 2014, 20:17
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10670

didn't work. Pulled the roaming data, but it doesn't appear to have any effect.

Can you explain why I am exiting the first time I load the game and then reconnecting? I would like to know what it is I'm trying to do.

I don't have any new apps or firewall additions.

I installed gentool 6.7 when it stopped working, but at this point I'm not sure that GenTool is the problem as shockwave fails to connect whether its installed or not. I have also tried 6.3 with no success.

I appreciate the help. Any more advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

This post has been edited by IntoTheRain: 18 Oct 2014, 20:18

+Quote Post
zourv
post 18 Oct 2014, 20:55
Post #5

Group Icon

i had problem where gameranger did not detect that game has launched.
Shw started but GR was still waiting for it to start ("Connecting..." window). Exitint game with ingame menu (not alttab -> abort) solved this.

This post has been edited by zourv: 18 Oct 2014, 20:55

+Quote Post
xezon
post 22 Dec 2014, 3:49
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 10782

Sorry for the trouble. The "aggressive" changes in GenTool 6.7 were made in the hope it helps some of the gameranger / windows vista+ mess. It did help some, but screwed others, so in the end nothing was gained. Those changes have been removed in GenTool. Check the windows compatibility flags of generals.exe if they are ok. Then check your registry key "UserDataLeafName" if that one is ok.

+Quote Post
zourv
post 22 Dec 2014, 20:20
Post #7

Group Icon

Xezon, is it possible to remove height limit for shockwave?
New versions of gentool allows for max vZH height, while shockwave has this parameter changed and camera is zoomed out a bit more.

+Quote Post
xezon
post 23 Dec 2014, 0:44
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 10782

QUOTE (zourv @ 22 Dec 2014, 20:20) *
Xezon, is it possible to remove height limit for shockwave?
New versions of gentool allows for max vZH height, while shockwave has this parameter changed and camera is zoomed out a bit more.

If you tell me a way to detect Shockwave 100% so no one can abuse camera height in network match.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 21:03