Mismatches / lags / stutter
Fryslanboy
post 12 Feb 2018, 12:06
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13231

Hi guys,

These subjects have been addressed a dozen of times, I guess. Did some searching, and I cannot find any proper answers.

I know the game has it's limitations. 32 bit developed, and a 2GB max. Then there is the patch of 4GB ofcourse, which I've applied.

Case is as following. Me and my brother, both on a desktop. Hardwarewise more then sufficient, i7 8700K and GTX1080 (Ti). So the problem is not there, because it's known to be limited by the game.
We both have 1.86 and 1.87.

Now I did some testing on my own, and I experience a lot of lag/stutter when playing. Especially on the larger maps, non ROTR. Even on a map like Twilight, with 1 brutal/hard AI, it starts to stutter within 10 minutes.
We did some matches yesterday, on the LAN. Us two vs 2 AI's (easy, have to get the hang of it again) on a ZH map, halfway a mismatch. Tried that on a ROTR map, no problems. This was a 6 player map, can't remember the name. No stutter, no lag, no mismatch.

But I'm wondering, are there other steps to take to reduce this? The network mismatch is also weird, since we're on a LAN network.

Regards,

Jacco
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clover Mind
post 11 May 2018, 2:46
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 17532

I experience the same issue with the performance.

I assume there might be a problem with the AI path finding algorithms, which causes performance issues. On larger maps the game starts lagging, that is unfortunate.

Cheers,
Andy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 19:08